Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Cure (synopsis and spoilers)
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kristy
Go suck a lemon

Talking Cure (synopsis and spoilers)

Fair warning to those not seen the ep yet....spoilers
So what did everyone think of the episode? I really liked it, loved O'Neill's arrival through the gate at the beginning, lol that was great. I also liked O'Neill's line about the Egeria needing 'a man friend' lol
Egeria was way cool, its too bad she passed on. I really enjoyed this episode a lot.

oh btw, at the end if anyone else noticed, I cant exactly remember what article I read this in, but when Amanda Tapping visited US troops over seas last year, they gave her a bracelet type thing that she has worn in several episodes, well she is wearing it in this episode, you can clearly see it when she dials the gate at the end.

Anyways that is my extremely short synopsis of Cure (im fixn to watch the oncore ep in just a few then perhaps I shall elaborate further) So what does everyone else think?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 08-17-2002 01:21 AM
Kristy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kristy Click here to Send Kristy a Private Message Visit Kristy's homepage! Find more posts by Kristy Add Kristy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Angelique

I liked the ep, for the most part. Just a few little things that bugged me. :-)

Old Post 08-17-2002 02:27 AM
Angelique is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Angelique Click here to Send Angelique a Private Message Visit Angelique's homepage! Find more posts by Angelique Add Angelique to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmg

I liked it too, but had a few comments.

I did see where this plot was going. I felt Earth was rather quick in trusting these people with gate coordinates and introducing them to the Tok'ra.

What was with Teal'c smiling almost laughing during his and Jonas' tour? At first I thought that female archeologist was interested in him, but then it was Jonas. I think it's a little too early to get Jonas a girlfriend.

Poor Janet had another bad hair day.

Old Post 08-17-2002 02:51 AM
kmg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kmg Click here to Send kmg a Private Message Find more posts by kmg Add kmg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Movac

i was just disappointed that the queen died, why could they have let her live, i would allow the tok'ra to make the huge population boost they needed to beat the gao'uld. now earth is gonna soon lose another ally, first the tollans now the tok'ra. Well at least the asgard might not go extinct, earth isn't exactly doomed just yet.

Old Post 08-17-2002 06:11 AM
Movac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Movac Click here to Send Movac a Private Message Find more posts by Movac Add Movac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anudist
*nuked*

lol, Like the Asgard, Tollan's or the Tok'ra ever went out of their way to save us anyway. I think with the Tok'ra and Tollan gone/going we save ourselves 2/3 of our disapointments. [/Jack style bitterness]

I didn't like the way Jonas was able to do the whole "I'll solve this with a translation" followed by "almost getting jiggy with sexy inteligent female on alien world" routine. That was better filled by someone else, someone who had much more hairstyle sense. And in fact, hair.

I have grown to dislike Jonas's Character, I gave him a fair chance but now I just want to tie him up and beat him with a stick. For now I will simply refer to him as "Jonass".

Other than that I liked the EP, some good Tok'ra truths coming out. And another Ally with apparent equal technology to us. They just dont know their astrophysics yet :P

Last edited by Anudist on 08-17-2002 at 06:32 AM

Old Post 08-17-2002 06:28 AM
Anudist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anudist Click here to Send Anudist a Private Message Find more posts by Anudist Add Anudist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captn Carter
So I can do this....

Jonass. Lol.

Yes, him and that chick was extreamly annoying, and Jonas is 'way' to happy all the time.
"Earthens!"
"Uh...we're Earthlings...sorta."
Hehe, that was funny though.

There was no action in this ep! At all! Diplomatic rubbish that should be left too SG-6... or is it 7?
They've already pointed out Jack's 'diplomatic shortcommings' WHY would they send him to negotiate?

I don't like Teal'c and Jonas working together either. Jonas is sucking up. Teal'c looks like he could care less.

In fact.. I didn't much like this ep at all.

For a little bit of Aussie with your Sci-fi
Austr-alien.com

Old Post 08-17-2002 08:59 AM
Captn Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Captn Carter Click here to Send Captn Carter a Private Message Visit Captn Carter's homepage! Find more posts by Captn Carter Add Captn Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vern
ADSL Pirate

WOW! What an episode!
It sucks that the queen couldnt live and save the Tokra from extinction. They seem to be in every ep now. It was good that Ra got a mention. You would have thought with him being supreme system lord and all, he would crop up more.

lol at Jonas on the pull.

Old Post 08-17-2002 10:13 AM
Vern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vern Click here to Send Vern a Private Message Visit Vern's homepage! Find more posts by Vern Add Vern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KMInfinity
Nereid

This episode just didn't do much for me.

This episode was even more plot driven than Alllegiance. And I found this plot even more predictable than Allegiance. The only bit of suspense was in whether Egeria would live or die, and since that turned out badly, I was bummed there too. And it was way too focused on diplomatic crap that I don't think SG1 would be involved with. (sorry about the preposition, Jack. )

It was interesting, I'll admit, to learn a bit more about the Tok'ra history. And there are a great many implications and connections in the episode. But for me it was more of an intellectual exercise, whereas I much prefer a visceral adventure with the intellectual stuff embedded almost as an afterthought. You know--the way the grandmasters of Science Fiction writing do it.

One bit I did like :

~The Pangeran leader's comments right before SG1 comes thru the gate :
"No doubt the leader of this group will be a brilliant and savvy negotiator."
followed by O'Neill's best Gomer Pyle imiation :
"Howdy folks."

(I had high hopes for this episode at this point. I could forsee a splendid culture clash involving missed signals, misunderstandings, etc. I hoped the Goa'ulds would be right behind SG1, forcing a "quick learning curve" by the Pangerans... Too bad. )

What I didn't like :

~Plot driven instead of character driven, or balanced
~Very predictable
~Too much Jonas--I think I'm coming to agree with you, Anudist
~Teal'c is becoming a bit too emotional, IMO--he smiled way too much when talking about the destruction of Apophis and Ra. I guess that's someone's idea of cleverness. It can be taken too far.....
~Dumb Jonas subplot with the alien archeologist fem
~Disappointing ending... Long Live Egeria... (Are the writers deliberately painting the alliance into a corner? Are the Goa'ulds to be ultimately triumphant? I sure hope not. Yet I hate those "last, desperate, measures" plots so I hope the series doesn't devolve into anything as dumb as that.)

A question...... One would think the Goa'ulds have made contact with every civilization that has a gate. Has there ever been an explanation for why there are so many peopled worlds uninhabited/unconquered by the Goa'ulds? Because despite how powerful they seem to us, their lack of total domination after all this time indicates a declining civilization that falls from within. Maybe the writers are envisioning a "Roman Empire" inner decay thing?

What's remarkable about science fiction is that it's literature at its best. It doesn't exist because high schools require students to read it, or because grants are given out for it.... or because colleges have embedded it in their curriculum. It exists because it speaks to people. James Morrow

Old Post 08-17-2002 02:02 PM
KMInfinity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KMInfinity Click here to Send KMInfinity a Private Message Find more posts by KMInfinity Add KMInfinity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

Anudist wrote:

quote:
I have grown to dislike Jonas's Character, I gave him a fair chance but now I just want to tie him up and beat him with a stick. For now I will simply refer to him as "Jonass".

I've been saying that about Jonass all along, only to be dismissed as a 'hysterical Danny fan'. The guy can't act, isn't particularly good looking, and comes across as a temp filling in for Daniel. And just when did he become this great archaeological expert anyway? All he did is read some notes. By that criteria, considering the number of archaeology shows I've watched on "The Discovery Channel" I should be ready to command my own dig. Rant over.

Anyway, this episode to me was rather dull. Jack didn't get one memorable line, Teal'c continued to act out of character (all that smiling - he must be hanging around Jonas too much). And why do TPTB have to keep killing off any potentially interesting new character?

Old Post 08-17-2002 02:47 PM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anubis

Cure *Spoilers*

The following post contains spoilers, read on at your peril. Spiler Space follows

Since the Tok'ra queen symbiote is dead there are not going to be anymore Tok'ra. But what if they cloned her just like they did on earth in "Nightwalkers". They could have a wueen again and make more tok'ra. Or use the symbiotes that the queen already made with the genetic flaw and fix that flaw maybe with the antidont that the Tok'ra well make for the pangeans or make another antidont for the symbitoes so they can get back their queens genetic memory or inject the symbiotes with the queens genetic memory or one of the Tok'ra's.

Just some thoughts that I think could save the Tok'ra, so why didn't the writters think of this?

Tell me what u guys think!!!

Last edited by Indiana on 08-17-2002 at 04:21 PM

Old Post 08-17-2002 02:54 PM
Anubis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anubis Click here to Send Anubis a Private Message Find more posts by Anubis Add Anubis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
In 2 Deep
Warmaster

Great epp, some great jack moments (So thats why you take hosts!).

Just a shame the queen died, but It means that SG1 gets no new help by the end of the series and are on their own.

History is on the move. Those who can not keep up will watch from behind. Those who stand in our way shall watch at all......

Old Post 08-17-2002 03:03 PM
In 2 Deep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for In 2 Deep Click here to Send In 2 Deep a Private Message Find more posts by In 2 Deep Add In 2 Deep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

I missed most of this episode....visually anyway. Listened to it, but my fingernails proved more interesting and before I knew it, the ep had finished
Apart from things pointed out by other posters already, the only other question I have is, how the hell did that thing fit inside that woman host? It's a big fat blob thing. Or maybe I wasn't watching properly....
And if that's what a queen is like, and can breed asexually...explain why Hathor had to obtain the 'code of life' from Daniel. And ummmm how the hell do they reproduce asexually....bits of them fall off and become more symbiotes? ahahahha. In which case how did Hathor do it? She'd have to leave the host to have bits of her fall off and turn into baby goa'uld. And if a symbiote has no sex, why is it a 'queen'? Why not a 'king'?

More coherent post to come after I get some sleep and rewatch it.

Old Post 08-17-2002 04:46 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry
A big honking space gun!

quote:
Originally posted by KMInfinity

~Teal'c is becoming a bit too emotional, IMO--he smiled way too much when talking about the destruction of Apophis and Ra. I guess that's someone's idea of cleverness. It can be taken too far.....

Hes been around the Tau`ri for 6 years.

quote:
Originally posted by KMInfinity

A question...... One would think the Goa'ulds have made contact with every civilization that has a gate. Has there ever been an explanation for why there are so many peopled worlds uninhabited/unconquered by the Goa'ulds? Because despite how powerful they seem to us, their lack of total domination after all this time indicates a declining civilization that falls from within. Maybe the writers are envisioning a "Roman Empire" inner decay thing?

Sometimes that planet is off no use to the Goa'uld anymore. Also they don`t know about all the planets in the Gate system so enslaved planets might relocate to another planet if they are advanced enough. Thats if they know about the Gate and have a DHD.

Old Post 08-17-2002 05:15 PM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
webmouse
Fearless Mouse

I liked this ep better than most this season. I didn't find as predictable as "Allegiance" and I like the fact that finally Jonas has something to do, but not everything to do. Look, folks, he's either part of the team or he isn't. Up to this point its been all or nothing -- this ep showed a more balanced level of teamwork. I think pairing Jonas up with T'ealc works well because they share an alien status among the Tauri -- and that should make all the shippers happy because it puts Sam with Jack

Sad that the Tok'ra queen died -- and Kelma along with her, which made no sense. When the Tok'ra woman decided to switch symbiotes, why not pop Kelma into the tank and let her swim around. Once Elgeria died, why couldn't Kelma go back into her original host. Or some noble Pangerean who wants that long-life guarantee without the Cure's side-effects.

And what makes a queen a queen anyway? Are only a few symbiotes female? Are the female Tok'ra & Goa'uld actually carrying male symbiotes and therefore can't breed?

I've started a thread elsewhere on the subject, but if the Tok'ra are that close to extinction, why haven't they resorted to plain old-fashionged sex to increase their numbers? Lots and lots of Tok'ra harsesus children, ready made for blending with a mature Tok'ra symbiote when the time is right. Even mating with non-Tok'ra would increase their numbers with half Tok'ra and give them a greater pool of hosts.

Queen of De Nile

Old Post 08-18-2002 02:20 AM
webmouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for webmouse Click here to Send webmouse a Private Message Visit webmouse's homepage! Find more posts by webmouse Add webmouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

boring episode - we've seen it all before - move along...

Old Post 08-18-2002 02:58 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote