Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Moderator Forum > blahdi****ingblah
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jaffa, Kree!

blahdi****ingblah

Anubis forwarded me this.

quote:

quote:

Indiana wrote on 10-30-2002 07:20 AM:
The Borg thread thing:

Dont tell me to stay on topic again. All threads eventually go off topic as do good conversations. I guess if you tried talking to people you might know that conversations don't stay the same forever. Besides the borg thread had been argued quite a fair bit anyway. What is a couple of off topic posts at the end gonna do?

Indiana

so.. did everyone get this, or was he just trying to make a point to me?

For the record - Indy's last sentence is the only one i have a problem with. I agree with everything else he's said.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-31-2002 04:29 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

just u baby

I agree that going off topic is natural, and that may be fair in a party thread or talking to someone in real life, but as a discussion forum organised by topic gaters.net threads should be moderated to remain on topic, and off topic posts either nuked or split into a new thread.

Old Post 10-31-2002 08:23 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

^^ What G said
I don't particularly care if people go off topic for one or two posts at the end of a thread, but I prefer it on topic.

I didn't get the pm either JK. What exactly was Anubis's point?

Old Post 10-31-2002 02:19 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

The last line was referring to the end of a thread. At the end of a thread, having been discussed quite a fair bit its going to go off topic so a few posts isnt going to do any harm to a topic already been discussed in detail.

Besides, he was pissing me off and I wanted to give him agro in private and not publicly.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 10-31-2002 04:44 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

and quite rightly so.

so, it seems he was having a go at me. little shit.

i've been bugging him about going off topic, and apparently i give him more shit than anyone else, or something. i dont know or care, i cant remember.

point is - unless the thread is locked, you can never tell what exactly is the 'end of a thread' - especially with the amount of times we've had to redirect people to old threads, to save duplicate topics.

plus, you realise Indy that he'll use this as a (misguided) reason to spam.

Old Post 11-01-2002 12:33 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mac
eeeeevil herbivore

He's a wanker.

Old Post 11-01-2002 09:09 AM
Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mac Click here to Send Mac a Private Message Find more posts by Mac Add Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

who, Anubis or Indiana?

Old Post 11-01-2002 09:37 AM
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

Anubis, unless of course Mac has some buried hate for me

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 11-01-2002 04:54 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote