Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > question TO newbies...
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
guessed

question TO newbies...

...and anyone else who remembers what it was like before you started participating in discussion here. what, if anything, delayed your registering and involvement in our discussions? i mean, everyone (most anyway) lurk in the background for months even before getting the interest/courage to join in, i'm just interested to know why???

me? i came here to see if there was anything else i could do with my stargate interest (i've never participated in other forums). at first i didn't register/participate because i felt i had nothing to offer - there were (are) so many much more intelligent and "real fans" here i didn't think i'd be taken seriously. and another thing is i guess i didn't want to show my lack of knowledge of stargate things.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-03-2002 01:44 AM
guessed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guessed Click here to Send guessed a Private Message Find more posts by guessed Add guessed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

i jumped right in. i love getting invloved in new communities, and while i usually get bored or pissed off at most of them, this remained fun because of cool people and smart conversations.

Old Post 10-03-2002 02:10 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaijyu
Num Num, Birdy Num Num!!!

I just slipped in through the window. There was no announcement of my arrival, I just started with a few posts and a poll. I had decided that I liked Stargate enough to share some of my thoughts about it and other things. Apart from this forums, I don`t usually participate in forums. I have found that 99% of the questions I have had, have been asked and answered by others on this and other forums already! I hope this helps

Old Post 10-03-2002 04:52 AM
Kaijyu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kaijyu Click here to Send Kaijyu a Private Message Find more posts by Kaijyu Add Kaijyu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

I'm a big lurker...I lurk at so many boards/newsgroups/lists. It's a good way to find out what the posting etiquette of the group is like etc so you don't annoy anyone if and when you do eventually post. I came here off the back of sg-1.net and the betasite board...only started posting really to discuss sg1 eps - nothing much has changed since really, I leave the military and tech discussions to people who know what they're talking about

Old Post 10-03-2002 06:11 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

I remember finding the previous version of this site... and going to the weapons and technology section of the site... it was a thread about staffs vs. Zats... or something like that, Staffs vs MP5's?

Anyhow, the first post I just dived in, my second post was a reply to goa'uld on the same thread saying "ya think?! " or something along those lines

Last edited by president doc on 10-03-2002 at 09:13 AM

Old Post 10-03-2002 09:09 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

On the old board, I think I lurked for a while for a while, cos you all scared me, and seemed like a very close community. Then I finally joined (under another name), and posted a little, then there was a problem with my nick, the password wouldn't work (this happened to a couple of other users as well), so I reregistered as Venus, when my original ID worked, I just stuck with Venus anyway.

On the new board, I just jumped right in, and spammed like hell.

Old Post 10-03-2002 10:24 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DJ Dott Matrix

When on Indy's comp and checkin his history........................................... Gators (and xxxvogue.net) is alwayz there.
I've been to Vogue -YEHaaaaaa-
And now to Gaters.
And Stargate is quite good.

Old Post 10-03-2002 12:57 PM
DJ Dott Matrix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Dott Matrix Click here to Send DJ Dott Matrix a Private Message Find more posts by DJ Dott Matrix Add DJ Dott Matrix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy
Speaker-Second Foundation

I suppose that I 'lurked' for a while because I wasn't able to get the most current season eps since I didn't have cable tv - I had to rely on others reviews. Now I do (have cable), so I can actually join in on speculative conversations. Also, I have almost no time to do this... it's truly a luxury to even get a single post in.

Old Post 10-03-2002 02:39 PM
Roy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Click here to Send Roy a Private Message Find more posts by Roy Add Roy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

I'd never, ever posted on a board of any kind, so I lurked for about a month, being shy and a little intimidaed --- I spent the month reading all the posts and even all the old dead threads (going back many months). Finally someone posted a question I new the answer to, so I took a deep breath and stuck my toe in --- found the water to be nice so plunged in.

Old Post 10-03-2002 04:23 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

I posted one question, before you had to register I believe and didn't come back for a year. When I did I got obsessed with SG and regestered with Gaters. I didn't say much for about a month until the new software was installed, I reregestered and began talking, I haven't shut up yet

Old Post 10-03-2002 06:50 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AbydonianSky
You!! Off my planet!!

The 1st forum I joined, I hid in the wings for about a month, total lurker, popping in and out to see the nutters at play.

I found this site a few days ago - read for one night & joined up the next. What can I say - the strength of the insanity on these boards facinated me.

Old Post 10-03-2002 09:34 PM
AbydonianSky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AbydonianSky Click here to Send AbydonianSky a Private Message Find more posts by AbydonianSky Add AbydonianSky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Isobel

I've just joined here, so hi! I read the posts for a few days...my friend gave me a link here. I joined after realising how busy it was, and there seems to be cool people here. So yeah, I think it's better to wait and get a feel for the place...read for a while.

Old Post 10-03-2002 09:36 PM
Isobel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Isobel Click here to Send Isobel a Private Message Find more posts by Isobel Add Isobel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

ooh, hello there ..welcome!
We are cool arent we!?

Old Post 10-03-2002 09:38 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Isobel

Cool?? wot?

Old Post 10-03-2002 09:42 PM
Isobel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Isobel Click here to Send Isobel a Private Message Find more posts by Isobel Add Isobel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

I lurked for quite a few months, 'cause I wasn't sure about this one certain thing about avatars, and i thought that if i didn't kno how to do it right away, i would mess up my account (is that the right word) forever, but then i found the answer, and i joined right away!

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 10-03-2002 09:56 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote