Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Small Victories Question (May include spoilers)
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jonas

That does appear to be mountains in the picture as well, so I think it's safe to say that as advanced as they may be they still build cities as we know them today.

I agreed with O'Neill at first (may not be used anymore) but then I thought if space (area/room) is such a problem that they have to built upwards you'd think they'd better utilise the old pier. However closer inspection reveals not alot of high buildings at all indicating space/area/room is not a problem. The floating (space) ships we see are perhaps the defence force and not indicative of society as a whole.

Bottom line is I think we are looking at an industrial area of sorts; we have no indication of the Asgard population numbers, nor how big the place really is. What we're seeing here is a fraction of Thor-land (someone please tell me the name of the Asgard homeworld).

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-21-2002 07:37 AM
Jonas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jonas Click here to Send Jonas a Private Message Find more posts by Jonas Add Jonas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry
A big honking space gun!

Othalla? (Spelling?) Thats more or less a total guess and it may even be the place Jack went to in 'Fifth Race'

Old Post 11-21-2002 12:26 PM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Id assume the Asgaard have thousands of worlds under their control... with many tens of billions of citizens, perhaps in the hundreds overall, I wouldnt say that that had to be THE Asgaard homeworld, or perhaps was just one of an important set.

By their level of advancedment, id guess that they would have kinda outgrown having a tie to just one homeworld anyway.

Old Post 11-21-2002 12:41 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry
A big honking space gun!

Well I would think well maybe not perhaps they are so advanced they don`t say this is the orginal planet. I.e Homeworld

Old Post 11-21-2002 06:36 PM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Seeing as the az'gard as old as they are wouldn't one assume that their planet was destroyed long ago by some act of nature?

Old Post 11-26-2002 06:02 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex8472
dead and loving it

PERHAPS IT IS FOR RECREATIONAL PURPOSES LIKE COL ONIEEL LIKES (SPELL RONG)
ON THE SEA
I MENA THEY HAVE AN ETERNITY OF LIFE MUST GET BORING

Old Post 11-26-2002 12:31 PM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

i would find it more likely that it has some other purpose that we havent thought of yet. but i admit that it could be a old peir. ANd i agree with Pres doc that they most likely have lots of worlds under either ther contrlo as he puts it or that they protect. But i also think that they would only have one planet that they would call there Home world. ANd i dont think that they have a very large population, remember they are a dying race.

Albert Einstein

Old Post 11-26-2002 02:24 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
itssoLARGE

The Asgard havent always been super advanced (believe it or not).... so im sure at some time in their history they used ships and stuff.. so it's probably remants from their past. Just because its old don't mean we destroy it.... like the pyramids are useless nowadays but we dont blow em to hell

Old Post 12-14-2002 04:51 PM
itssoLARGE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for itssoLARGE Click here to Send itssoLARGE a Private Message Find more posts by itssoLARGE Add itssoLARGE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

hmm, a good point, and mabye true, but i would expect space to be at a premium on their planet. and docks dont stand out as much in my mind as something like the pyrimads would

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-14-2002 05:51 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex8472
dead and loving it

there obsession with advancement
i couldn't understand why they would keep them but they might i

Old Post 12-17-2002 11:28 AM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote