Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > favorite quotes and scenes
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
keedo

Exclamation favorite quotes and scenes

I was wondering what some of your favorites quotes and scenes in stargate are. I've noticed that many of you, including myself, use quotes as a signiture at the end of posts, and like me you probely can't fit all of your favorite lines and scenes in that small space. so feel free to post some herem, you might even read some that you havn't heard or seen before.

p.s I know this has most likely been done heaps of times but not since i've joined.

[[email protected]]

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-24-2002 01:49 AM
keedo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for keedo Click here to Send keedo a Private Message Find more posts by keedo Add keedo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonas

Quote: "I've said enough I'll say no more."

Scene: Last 5 minutes or so of Enigma (when Lya comes to take the Tollan away). Great acting, great lines, great philosophy, great effects, great meaning (and no ship) - gets me every time.

Old Post 11-24-2002 02:41 AM
Jonas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jonas Click here to Send Jonas a Private Message Find more posts by Jonas Add Jonas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tok'ra Gal
Snakehead

I am slightly obsessional when it comes to quotes. Not only from Stargate, but from everywhere. Ask me to pick one favourite, and I'll give you a couple of dozen. Erm, I'll try to narrow it down just a little, though. ~.^

Jack: "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it."
Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well-guarded."

Daniel: "Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebrity and music."
Jack: "Sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll?"
Daniel: "In a manner of speaking."

Thornbird: "I'm Major Robert Thornbird. And you are?"
Jack: "Captain James T. Kirk, of the Starship Enterprise.... All right. I'll be honest with you, Bob. My name's not Kirk. It's Skywalker. Luke Skywalker."

Old Post 11-24-2002 06:18 AM
Tok'ra Gal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tok'ra Gal Click here to Send Tok'ra Gal a Private Message Visit Tok'ra Gal's homepage! Find more posts by Tok'ra Gal Add Tok'ra Gal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
keedo

I know what you mean about quotes
I've recemtly started typing up some of my favorite quotes on my computer, when i get time, I'll have too post some of them when i get back on my computer, at the moment I'm taking advantage of the house I'm babysitting in hight speed conection.

I also have HEAPS of Babylon 5 quotes as well.

Old Post 11-24-2002 06:27 AM
keedo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for keedo Click here to Send keedo a Private Message Find more posts by keedo Add keedo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Enami
Amigos de la puerta

This quote surprised me... the dark side of Carter.

CARTER: That's how they came up with the 48 hour deadline
isn't it? You told them Teal'c would already be dead.

McKAY: That's why it's called a deadline.

CARTER: God, you're a jerk!

McKAY: I wish I didn't find you so attractive. I always had a
real weakness for dumb blondes.

CARTER: Go suck a lemon!

That guy is stupid!!!Arghhhh!!

Last edited by Enami on 11-24-2002 at 11:59 AM

Old Post 11-24-2002 11:54 AM
Enami is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Enami Click here to Send Enami a Private Message Find more posts by Enami Add Enami to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

Yeah but he's funny

I love it when Carter told him to turn the yokey-majig around in Redemption

Don't really have a fave moment but i do love the bit in WoO where Jack hands in his resignation and then when the loop begins again he just sits there smiling at carter

Old Post 11-25-2002 09:52 AM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

I sometimes have a hard enough time narrowing down to one favorite quote per episode, much less a favorite of all time....

One of my favorite exchanges (thanks to the good people at www.rdanderson.com):

I distinctly remember someone saying, "We're not going to make it." I think we made it. [O'Neill]

I'm sorry. I overreacted. At the time, it looked very much like we weren't going to make it. [Jacob]

Yes, well, maybe next time, you'll just wait and see. [O'Neill]

And blow the last chance I might ever have to be right? [Jacob]

Welcome to my life. [Carter]

Old Post 11-25-2002 04:13 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jenn

I have loads aswell but I can only think of these one's...

EXODUS
"This is so the last time I help someone move!" [Jack]

THE CURSE
"We have caught nothing.We are fishing!" [Teal'c]

NEW GROUND
"Hey Rigar! You know that 'we come in peace' business? Bite me!" [Jack]

CROSSROADS
"This whole talking to two people in one body really sucks!" [Jack]

Can you tell that I'm an O'Neill fan?

Old Post 11-25-2002 05:18 PM
Jenn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jenn Click here to Send Jenn a Private Message Find more posts by Jenn Add Jenn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
keedo

One of the lines that comes to mind for me is in the eps "Hathor" when Hathor refers to Gen. Hammond as "The man with the crown of marble"

Old Post 11-25-2002 09:43 PM
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

"Where there's a will, there's always an 'or'..."

"Doo Hickeys?"
"I believe that's the technical term, sir."

Class!

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Old Post 11-28-2002 06:54 PM
Charlie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Carter Click here to Send Charlie Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie Carter Add Charlie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maryam
*Cosmic Girl *

I have never really thought about using a quote as a signature but it now seems like a great idea.
At a recent stargate convention Amanda tapping was saying how in the pilot episode she loathed saying
"just because my reproductive organs are on the inside, instead of the outside doesnt mean i cant handle anything you can handle "
and till this day she is haunted by that very line. She often quotes it at conventions to please the fans.
I personally love those lines, and will adopt them as my signature.

Old Post 11-30-2002 08:51 AM
maryam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maryam Click here to Send maryam a Private Message Find more posts by maryam Add maryam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
missile
i said peanuts

congrats on the first post!!

"well they could be blowing their noses right now" - Jack in COTG my fav line of all time

Old Post 11-30-2002 08:54 AM
missile is offline Click Here to See the Profile for missile Click here to Send missile a Private Message Find more posts by missile Add missile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

From WoO and the Broca Divide

Hammond-"colonel O'Neill what the hell are u doing??"
Jack-"In the middle of my back swing?"

Jack- "Lucy im home"
Teal'c- "I am not Lucy"

Albert Einstein

Old Post 11-30-2002 03:14 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

Jack: Damn, guess I'm gonna have to cancel that Oprah interview.
Teal'c: What is an Oprah?

Jack: Lucy, I'm home..
Teal'c: I am not Lucy.

Jack: My name is Captain James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise... Actually my name's not Kirk... It's Skywalker, Luke Skywalker.

Jack: Is everyone clear on that, Daniel?
Daniel: What?
Jack: Good

Jack: We came here in peace. We expect to go in one piece.

Jack: General Hammond, request permission to beat the crap out of this guy.

Jack: I'm just going to assume you've never been in prison before?
Daniel: Oh, right, and you have?

Jack: That's why we'd like to go back sir. Carter wants to get a closer look with her specialized dohickeys.
Hammond: Do Hickeys?
Jack: I believe that's the technical term sir.

Jack: And? So? But? Therefore?

Jack: You'd think they never saw a guy raise from the dead before.

Daniel: Well they didn't call it the dark ages because it was dark.

Jack: Way to go Junior!

Jack: So Merim, you're a reactor expert?
Merim: Yes
Jack: How old are you?
Merim: 11. How old are you?
Jack: So Merim, you're a reactor expert.

Jack: Major, next time Daniel wants to help someone, shoot him... Major, next time I try to help someone, shoot me.

Teal'c: Jaffa Joke: A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard?s eyes glow, the Horus guard?s beak glistens, the Setesh guard?s nose drips.

Jack: So you mean in some alternate reality there's a version of me that actually has a clue what you're on about?

Carter: Maybourne! You are an idiot every day of the week! Why couldn't you take a day off!

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Old Post 12-01-2002 03:09 PM
Charlie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Carter Click here to Send Charlie Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie Carter Add Charlie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Cause I watched this last night:

Aris Boch: What, and miss a chance to see the "great" Jack O'Neill in action?

Old Post 12-03-2002 06:45 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote