Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Schedules and Air Dates > WTF, Stargate SciFi Channel Monday!?!
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mac6yver
Ur fate is in my hands...

Question WTF, Stargate SciFi Channel Monday!?!

Why have they not played the four episodes they are supposed to every Monday on the SciFi channel? Is Stargate Monday cancelled? Is it going to come back?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-02-2002 10:50 PM
Mac6yver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mac6yver Click here to Send Mac6yver a Private Message Find more posts by Mac6yver Add Mac6yver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

They're currently airing the ten-part TV miniseries "Taken." It will last probably until January when new episodes of Stargate air. When the rest of season 6 airs, the other seasons of Stargate will most likely pick up as well.

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 12-02-2002 11:34 PM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KMInfinity
Nereid

I am royally pissed too. Why can't SciFi at least have inserted a few "alerts" in the Stargate episodes, like

"Attention Stargate fans---Be sure to tune in to Taken for the next three weeks. After that, Stargate Monday will return starting December 30th." or whatever. It's like these folks think we watch these shows by accident because we happen to be sitting there with that particular channel on for no known reason. Grrrrrr...

According to the Scifi website schedule, "Taken" will be broadcast over two weeks straight M-F, a 2 hour episode each night, repeating frequently. Stargate Monday will return on December 16th.

SciFi schedule

What's remarkable about science fiction is that it's literature at its best. It doesn't exist because high schools require students to read it, or because grants are given out for it.... or because colleges have embedded it in their curriculum. It exists because it speaks to people. James Morrow

Old Post 12-02-2002 11:45 PM
KMInfinity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KMInfinity Click here to Send KMInfinity a Private Message Find more posts by KMInfinity Add KMInfinity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

why couldnt they have told us originally about the 6th season too, and i dont wanna wait that long

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-03-2002 01:49 AM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mac6yver

Thanks for responding guys. I did look it up on SciFi's website after I posted and found out it would return on the 16th. But I agree they should advertise this shit. I bet a lot of people figure that Stargate monday was cancelled.

Old Post 12-03-2002 03:39 AM
Mac6yver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mac6yver Click here to Send Mac6yver a Private Message Find more posts by Mac6yver Add Mac6yver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

Well, they HAD been advertising quite frequently the "Taken" ads during Stargate. And I do believe they mentioned that the 10-part series would be starting December 2nd.

I wasn't surprised at all...

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 12-03-2002 11:47 PM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Me, either.

Then again there was this: http://archive.gaters.net/2001-2003...15&pagenumber=2 (though the thread name doesn't mention it..).

So what did folk think about Taken? I was kinda bored last night - I don't imagine I'll be sitting through all 20 hours unless the pace really picks up.

Old Post 12-04-2002 12:01 AM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mac6yver

I'm going to keep watching it for a while, but I agree, it needs to drop the love story type stuff. Some parts of it were really cool though.

Old Post 12-04-2002 05:28 AM
KMInfinity
Nereid

Has this thread changed to a "Taken" discussion? Is that allowed?

::looks around for the mods and the one who pinned the quality posts only message::

So far I haven't liked it--lots of bad ideas from old SF material...Like all the BEM's and the insect-fear-films remind me of the Soviet paranoia.. Maybe it'll develop some complexity and improve.

The local paper reviewed it and said the first 5 episodes were pretty good and then the next five lag and aren't as good. Those last 5 are the ones I'll probably like.

What's remarkable about science fiction is that it's literature at its best. It doesn't exist because high schools require students to read it, or because grants are given out for it.... or because colleges have embedded it in their curriculum. It exists because it speaks to people. James Morrow

Old Post 12-05-2002 05:04 PM
KMInfinity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KMInfinity Click here to Send KMInfinity a Private Message Find more posts by KMInfinity Add KMInfinity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Yeesh, they said the one's we seen are *better* than the next five???????? -- that doesn't sound good...........

Hardly anything happens in each of these episodes- what does happen could be covered in about 30 minutes of really good tv- not 2 hours of boring TV.

Old Post 12-05-2002 06:30 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam K
Ice Queen

I don't bother watching it. I am not the slightest bit interested in an alien abduction show. I can't wait for Stargate to start again though, I miss my Monday marathons.

Old Post 12-06-2002 03:51 PM
Sam K is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam K Click here to Send Sam K a Private Message Visit Sam K's homepage! Find more posts by Sam K Add Sam K to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Me, too. I've punted on Taken. Going to dig out the old videotapes and do my own marathons.

Old Post 12-06-2002 04:23 PM
Mac6yver

I am still watching Taken. I figure I have invested this much time into the damn thing, I should follow through on its conclusion. I will say last nights episode was pretty cool.

Old Post 12-07-2002 12:49 PM
TheOneKEA
You shot me! DIE!!

/me wants Stargate on Monday, Friday and Saturday, just like it was

No NUKAGE yet!

Old Post 12-07-2002 01:26 PM
TheOneKEA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheOneKEA Click here to Send TheOneKEA a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneKEA Add TheOneKEA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Next Monday...... 7 days, 7 hours, 52 minutes away. Or 6,331,220 seconds.....

tick tick tick

Old Post 12-09-2002 05:11 PM