Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > The Two Towers is coming! When are u seeing it?
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Jaffa, I don't think that they did. I'm pretty sure the ents (or, more specifically, those other things like ents) came along and saved the day early on. Did you read the books?

I loved Helm's Deep but why did the Rohan wait so long to attack? The Urak-hai were standing within firing range for ages, the Rohan knew that no help was coming so they didn't have to hold them until such and such a time

She hitched a ride to misery

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-20-2002 05:46 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

yes i did read the books, and the trees didnt save the Rohan people at the battle of Helms Deep, they just killed all the Urak-hai that fled the battle. what do u mean by saying that they waited so long until they attacked? mabye they just were waiting to see what the Urak-kai were going to do!

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-20-2002 05:51 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Yeah they did:cofused: Killing all the Urak-hai = saving the Rohan, d'uh.

I mean, for example, an old guy shot one of the Urak-hai and Aragorn told him to hold. Why? They knew what the Urak-hai were going to do.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-20-2002 06:03 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

i not know that kinda confused me to, mabye they were just trying to scare the Rohans and by not doing any thing it showed they werent afraid, i really not know.

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-20-2002 06:05 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Maybe it wasn't like... proper way to open the/a battle? In any case it was unbidden, by either Aragorn (and why was he commanding it all?) or Theoden.

And isn't it Aragorn's fault that Haldir died? I mean, he calls out to Haldir to fall back, Haldir turns to tell others, and gets stabbed in the stomach. And why did he turn his back on the Uruk-Hai (who then promtly slashed him down the back )

lol, found out who Haldir was though. For those of you who watched Shortland Sreet - GUY WARNER!?! Oh dear lord!!1 It's just wrong!

Edit - huh, had a typo that seems to have corrected itself.

Anyway. Deus - reason the battle was so long may also be partly cos of that it was a major part in the book too (and the other major part they cut out)

Jaffa - Rohirrim, not Rohans. And I actually know where Valinor is and what the Valar are! Go me!

Last edited by Venus on 12-20-2002 at 09:56 PM

Old Post 12-20-2002 09:05 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

Watched it on the Imax last night.

Awesome.

I loved the part where the Ent that was on fire ran into the flood and put himself out. ehehehehehehehe

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 12-20-2002 09:35 PM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote