Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > Spine Quote
Pages (46): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jaffa, Kree!

that'd be my first guess - otherwise 'Very bad things' for some reason... hmmm..

qn: was beetlejuice actually a dead human, or just a member of the netherworld?

(ps: love that movie)

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 07-12-2002 02:47 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Nope, not Beetlejuice, not Very Bad Things . . . . . .

I always thought Beetlejuice was a real guy - 'cause he tells the Maitlands that he lived through the black plague, and 'you're talking to a dead guy". He was also probably a suicide, since he used to be Juno's assistnat, and we know that suicides end up as civil servants in the afterlife.............

Last edited by shiloh on 07-12-2002 at 03:08 AM

Old Post 07-12-2002 03:05 AM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Don't tell me it was Queen of the Damned...

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 07-12-2002 03:08 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Nope.

Old Post 07-12-2002 03:09 AM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

(you'd better not have gone shiloh)

it's gotta be either a Burton, Gilliam, Craven, Tarintino or Kubrick film. Few others would use a line like that... *ponders*

Old Post 07-12-2002 03:16 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

I'll give you a hint, Jaffa Kree - you are RIGHT!!!!!!! One of those is the director! Kudos for major cinemaphile sense.

Old Post 07-12-2002 03:20 AM
Jaffa, Kree!

oh bloody hell... now i have to narrow it down???

without outside aid, i'm not going to guess.

okay, we'll guess by Director.

Not Burton. seen all his stuff. Craven.... not scary enough, it sounds like more of a sarcastic remark. Tarintino - it didn't say muthafarker, so he's out ... Kubrick and Gilliam... hmmm :/

Old Post 07-12-2002 03:25 AM
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

A Clockwork Orange?

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 07-12-2002 04:23 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Oh My F***ing God!

I was looking for a nifty obscure DeNiro quote incase "A Clockwork Orange" was right...

...It's Brazil, right?

(On my videotaped copy... not online, BTW...)

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

Old Post 07-12-2002 05:03 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Yowza, yowza, yowza, we have a winner!

Your turn, deathbunny!

Old Post 07-12-2002 05:14 AM
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

*grins evily*

This one's probably harder:

"The farmers have won. We have lost."

(From one of my most favoritest films...)

Old Post 07-12-2002 05:18 AM
Jaffa, Kree!

i dont freaken believe it! I know that one.. something something no samuri or something. I dont know, i was drunk when i was watching (bored at a friends place and he made me watch that movie). i didn't get it.

does half a title count..?

Old Post 07-12-2002 05:24 AM
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

I want a number...

The American and UK releases had a number...

(Drat, a film student! )

Last edited by Deathbunny on 07-12-2002 at 05:30 AM

Old Post 07-12-2002 05:28 AM
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

I'll give it to you...

My take on The Seven Samuari...

...for Jaffa, Kree's benefit...

...so you can skip it and go on, if you aren't interested.

The Seven Samuari is a classic statement about human nature...

Most people are like a flock of sheep...

...like the farmers in the film.

Interested only in their own survival and success, yet unwilling or unable to fight to protect themselves.

There are others out there who only want to prey on others, the wolves...

...the bandits in the story.

These men are the criminals, psychopaths, rapists, murderers who use violence to get what they want without concern for other humans.

There is a third breed.

"Sheep dogs"...

..the Samuari in the film.

Like wolves, they can use violence and are able and willing to fight.

However, their motive is only to fight in lieu of others who can't (sheep/farmers), to protect them.

The movie showed how these "sheep dogs" are necessary, yet at the same time misunderstood and feared by those that they protect...

...And, that often, the job as protector is a costly one where only the sheep really benefit.

Old Post 07-12-2002 05:43 AM
Jaffa, Kree!

*yawn* thats nice dear...

here's a quote from another movie i watched that night:

"Laughter kills fear, and without fear there can be no faith, because without fear of the Devil there is no more need of God."

Old Post 07-12-2002 05:53 AM