Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > The Two Towers is coming! When are u seeing it?
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

what there was a pudgy elf? OMG blasphemey, we must burn some one.
oh yeah i have a question about comparing the book to the movie, at the battle of Helms Deep i thought that in the book the Rohan's held the keep and that they rode from there not the back area behind the doors, was that the caves?

Albert Einstein

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-19-2002 12:05 AM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MPH

I probably download it when im bored or something, but watching another 3 hour long LOTR film is hard going as FOTR bored me.

Old Post 12-19-2002 12:28 AM
MPH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MPH Click here to Send MPH a Private Message Find more posts by MPH Add MPH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

awww.. now i cant read any more of this thread cause of the spoilers.. reviews are okay, but when you're giving away huge plot points???

*pouts and stalks off*

Old Post 12-19-2002 12:53 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Vague ROTK spoilers

quote:
Originally posted by Jaffa
Ura Ki(spelling???) sheild.

Uruk-Hai. Personally, didn't think the shield bit was that cool.

I didn't actually like how they used Gimli as comic relief all the time; the books don't do that. And also didn't show Legolas and Gimli's friendship growing, which I think it did in the book. Also, what the hell happened with the horse?! Can't remember exactly when, think it was when they were ambushed going to Helm's Deep, but Legolas reaches up to horses right side to clamber on, then kinda "flies" round to the left and climbs into the saddle that way?

Yeah, liked the black gate. Hadn't realised quite how many Uruk Hai there were though. Kinda daunting. Alos reminds me of the Thomas Covenant series.

quote:
Fargon forest,

Fangorn Forest, isn't it?

quote:
4. the Ring Wraiths beasts, they looked just like i imagined them

But that beast (or the Ringwraith) would so not have flown away once it had seen the ring right in front of it. And that part didn't happen in the book either.

Yeah, and I wasn't too impressed with the Helm's Deep battle, but that's just me. Prefer Lothlorien. Though I'm sure in the book, they made more of a deal of those trapped in Helm's Deep waiting for the Riders of Rohan or other allies to come to their aid. (Which I thought was done well in the book, cos didn't know if they were gonna come or not, thought suppose it was briefly touched on in the movie with a couple of lines about old and lost alliances.)

Major spoilers for ROTK
Spoiler:

The reason we didn't get to see Shelob was cos she's only in the third part - they've cut out the Hobbits reclaiming the Shire (and half the Aragron/Arwen future epilogue bit, sigh), so they're obviously gonna make Shelob the main plot in the last one, in order to replace the Shire part.

quote:
7. Shadowfax didnt look that great

Well, how great can a horse look?

quote:
8. we barely got to hear anything about the Ents at all

And they moved and talked to fast. And were too small!

quote:
10. all the wonderfully not emotinal speeches made by hobbits.

Like...?

Old Post 12-19-2002 10:11 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

like.....

the one made my Pippin at Entmoot, and the one made by Sam at Osgiliath

any thing else?

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-19-2002 07:50 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

They were emotional! Just a bit boring
The one by Gladarial (or whatever) to Elrond was the worst, I nearly thought the film was going to end their.

Venus, I noticed that bit with the horse. I just took it that he could do that because it was an elf. He looked damn cool.

I didn't like making Gimili comic relief either. That was Pippen's and Merry's job. Besides, he's supposed to be serious. The counting bits were good though.

The Nazgul sucked. What was with their heads? And the entire bit as Osgilith would have been better out of the film. Though seeing the map from the books was cool.

I liked Shadowfax, nice and, well, white.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-19-2002 09:30 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

lol KC. Though ftr, its Galadriel, Gimli and Pippin. (Yes, I have no life )

What was wrong with the Nazgul? They were like that in Fellowship as well. And the thing with Legolas I thought just looked dodgy, rather than cool.

Old Post 12-19-2002 09:42 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

I ment their beasty thingies, whatever they're called.

It looked both dodgy and cool. We loves elvesss

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-19-2002 09:51 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

i'm seeing it TONITE!!! I CAN"T WAIT! i'm going with tons of people, and then i'm going tomorrow with a whole bunch of people as well. i cant' WAIT!!!!

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 12-19-2002 10:18 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Teelie
What's in a title?

I saw it, it rocked.

This is what I look like in the mornings.

Old Post 12-20-2002 09:42 AM
Teelie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Teelie Click here to Send Teelie a Private Message Find more posts by Teelie Add Teelie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex8472
dead and loving it

i am about to piss alot of you off so if you like lotr look away

lotr sucks it is the worst series ever far too long and boring

rubbishDIY NUKED

Last edited by alex8472 on 12-20-2002 at 10:21 AM

Old Post 12-20-2002 10:10 AM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mac
eeeeevil herbivore

Why would that piss people off? Everyone's entitled to an opinion. But it would be nice if you had some slightly more thought out reasons than just "It sux0rs"...

Anyway, back on-topic, I saw it on Wednesday. It was great, although I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the first one.
Loved Helm's Deep, and Gollum was suprisingly non-crap. I thought the whole CG character thing would make him suck ass, but he was totally believeable.
The thingys that the Nazgul were riding were a bit lame, though. I thought they were supposed to be menacing...
Loved Shadowfax. Loved the elves.

Did anyone else think Elrond looked like a total woman in this one?

Last edited by Mac on 12-20-2002 at 01:00 PM

Old Post 12-20-2002 12:57 PM
Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mac Click here to Send Mac a Private Message Find more posts by Mac Add Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

yes he did, it was disturbing, and i so agree with u about Gollum Mac. i think that he was actually the best done part of the movie. now i cant wait for the third one

oh yeah does any one know if in the book, did the defenders of Helms Deep get pushed back all the way into the caves? cause i thought that they held the keep through out the battle?
some one please help me here!

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-20-2002 02:11 PM
Amun Ra

Soon as it finishes downloading

Click the Link Above to become part of The Fifth Race

Old Post 12-20-2002 03:50 PM
Amun Ra is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Amun Ra Click here to Send Amun Ra a Private Message Find more posts by Amun Ra Add Amun Ra to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus
Common Sense-less

Only saw the first one about 2 weeks ago, it was 'good' but it was hardly brilliant. Story was too stretched, I like long movies, but that was just over the top. It was also totally unrealistic in many parts (I know the whole story was unrealistic, so don't be pedantic), like a martial arts movie in which one guy kills 30 people as they all attack him one-by-one. Oh, and if Boromir (I think it was - Sean Bean anyway), got up and killed one more guy before eventually dying, I think I'd have screamed . Tis kind of a reason why I never really got into Star Wars.

I much preferred Gladiator, Road to Perdition etc etc. Oh, and one of my friends mentioned a 25 minute battle scene. What can you do in a 25 minute battle scene that you can't do in a 5 minute one?

- Chop more heads off
- Waste more money
- Woo the fickle audience with special effects (eg Titanic)
- Highlight it as a major part of a movie, bit sad.

It wasn't a bad movie, I just fail to see how it was ALLREEET, FUCKING ACE, AVE IT! So, nah, I'm not too bothered about seeing it just yet, I have Christmas presents to buy ;/. Oh and hi again.

Old Post 12-20-2002 04:51 PM
Deus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deus Click here to Send Deus a Private Message Find more posts by Deus Add Deus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote