Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Meridian (SPOILERS)
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Goa`uld
Descended God

The episode was well done, and the Daniel's send-off was pretty good. I found the episode boring though D:

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 02-01-2002 02:38 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmg

Just my comments and views.

Thought it was a very good episode. Very sad for what it was about. I still don't agree with killing the character even though he still lives in another way.

When I watched the episode and saw Daniel with glasses, I saw and heard Daniel. When it was Daniel w/o glasses, I saw Daniel, but heard MS.

Thought it was odd that the episode was directed by someone I wasn't familiar with. The majority of the scenes were good, but felt some of the scenes may have been redone and added in later. Considering I've only seen it once, it appeared to me that in some basic conversational scenes an actor may appear a certain way, but when the camera switched to another actor, and then back to the first actor, something appeared different either with the actor's appearance, lighting or camera angle.

Daniel's exposure to the radiation reminded me of Spock's "the needs of the many outweighted the needs of the few or the one."

Daniel's conversation with Oma reminded me of the movie "Always" and the scenes between Richard Dreyfuss' character and Andrey Hepburn's God character. The movie would also explain how Daniel was able to communicate with Jack.

Nice to know alien beings wear earrings. Have to admit they distracted me every time Mel Harris spoke.

Don't know if anyone else noticed, but Daniel commented to Jonas about reading the book so fast, and Jonas' response was something like "how do you think I rose up so fast at such a young age." And when Jonas said he could not go back to his people, both scenes for me were to make Jonas seem similar to Daniel. I have to admit that I wish RC had written Jonas as a complete opposite rather than trying to tag him as another Daniel.

To me, Corin Nemec was just okay. His acting seemed raw and stiff, but that may change in time as he gets more comfortable. As I mentioned before, I hope they direct his character away from being "Daniel-like." Wonder if Jonas will become Teal'c's new roommate?

All the actors did an excellent job.

And as for the "I don't know" lines between Jack and Daniel, although they may be true for MS in his response, they sucked as Daniel responses.

Old Post 02-01-2002 03:21 AM
kmg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kmg Click here to Send kmg a Private Message Find more posts by kmg Add kmg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kristy
Go suck a lemon

Hi everyone! I thought Meridian was done well, of course I didnt want to see Daniel go, but I think they did it well. It is comforting knowing that Daniel is ok and is still out there, on the journey with Oma and that he could return and he could ascend back into human form. It still makes me sad to see him go, but I believe they did it well.

Old Post 02-01-2002 03:53 PM
Kristy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kristy Click here to Send Kristy a Private Message Visit Kristy's homepage! Find more posts by Kristy Add Kristy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

It was naquadria, and the find was the most important discovery since the stargate, so Sam was justified in being interested, and even then, she was telling danny boy about it, was it all worth it etc.. blah blah.

ill be seein ya, jack oneill, damn them all to hell, i know its corney, but i wanted to hear that, square the circle damnit!

Old Post 02-01-2002 04:51 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

What does Meridian actually mean?

lol, just watched it with my sis, and she teared up (the only other time she ever has was not, no, not Titanic, wait for it ... Angel when um ... to avoid spoilers ... a key character died) Anyway. Suppose it was OK, could've been done better, could've been done worse.

Old Post 02-01-2002 06:04 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

A meridian is a dividing line, something that marks the end on one, and the beginning of another. The Prime Meridian in gloabal navigation runs through Greenwhich, England, for instance, where the Western and Eastern hemispheres of Earth are known.

In telling time, the AM and PM mean "ante meridian" and "post meridian", before and after the dividing line that marks halfway through a day (at noon).

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 02-01-2002 06:33 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Thanx, not what I thought, but thanx.

Old Post 02-01-2002 07:08 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
that guy

Meridian can also be defined as constituting the highest point, as of development or power.

Old Post 02-01-2002 09:18 PM
that guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for that guy Click here to Send that guy a Private Message Find more posts by that guy Add that guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Hmm, I was thinking more along those lines.

Can't believe you registered under that name, 'that guy' (who, btw, if its OK, I'm gonna call TG) Welcome to the forums anyway...

Old Post 02-01-2002 09:22 PM
ceru

this was just a kind of incongruous (but funny) thought that popped through my head while I watched Meridian:

"*sniff* Well, it looks like the stargate people got some of those Touched by an Angel glowy-hair lights *sniff*"

Old Post 02-01-2002 10:15 PM
ceru is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ceru Click here to Send ceru a Private Message Find more posts by ceru Add ceru to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rozzy

As I see it Jonas will be a direct replacement for Jackson post 5 years. He will be required to be innnocent, fresh faced and so eager to meet what is out there with hope rather than cynical expecation - as was the original Jackson character!!

Did it not seem, that at the end of Meridian that Daniel, jaded after 5 years of the SG universe, was more than a little glad to be 'ascending'? And, lo and behold, we now have a direct clone, in Jonas, to take his place. Same initial, same look, same input.... Eager beaver Jonas to swap roles with Jackson.

Couldnt the writers at least have come up with a more original character? Something to offset the already too balanced world of the SG1 makeup - something to shake it up and make it new again?

Sorry, just being just a tad cyncial after watching 'Meridian' and not finding it a pleasant lead into what comes next... Still fingers x'd that season 6 will get past all these little nitpicks...

Old Post 02-01-2002 10:27 PM
rozzy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rozzy Click here to Send rozzy a Private Message Find more posts by rozzy Add rozzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

I was just thinking the total opposite today; Jonas isn't like... up on mythology, not as geeky as Daniel, and plus I kinda like him, altho I see whatcha mean with the innocence thing.

Old Post 02-01-2002 10:47 PM
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

I don't see Jonas as a Danny clone. For instance, just wait until the first Season 6 episode comes along where SG-1 comes face to face with a monolith with unknown ancient writing. All four of them are just going to stand there without a clue, I tell ya'!

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 02-02-2002 01:46 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

I do see jonas as a "daniel clone". He has the same personality. He may have different areas of knowledge, and different background. But by the end of the episode Jonas has the same opinions, and moral perspective that Daniel did.
And if he is the 4th member of SG-1, then the others will cast him into the Daniel role, and before long they will be expecting him to fulfill the role in their lives that Daniel did.

Old Post 02-02-2002 10:27 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Yeah, but if Sam hadn't had military training, then I think she'd be a lot like Daniel too. I mean, if she hadn't had it drilled into her that she had to follow her CO's orders and that no doubt discipline in the army (and maybe to an extent her past life) had made her so strong mentally, then I thin she'd be a lot like Daniel too...

Old Post 02-02-2002 11:13 AM