Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Questions on the Curse
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
In 2 Deep
Warmaster

Questions on the Curse

I got a few qs

1) Who/What caused the explosion.

2) When did Osiris take over Sarah?

Thank you!

History is on the move. Those who can not keep up will watch from behind. Those who stand in our way shall watch at all......

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 02-26-2002 12:04 PM
In 2 Deep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for In 2 Deep Click here to Send In 2 Deep a Private Message Find more posts by In 2 Deep Add In 2 Deep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

I can't really remember the episode but I'm pretty sure that Osiris/Sarah caused the exploision and that Osiris took over Sarah when she opened the jar, pretty much from the get-go.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 02-26-2002 02:56 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

But the 2nd is a really good question, only in that if Osiris was in Sarah from the start of the episode, Osiris is one sneaky goa'uld, because 'he' pulled it off sounding and acting like the Sarah that Daniel knew.

Old Post 02-26-2002 05:00 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

It would have been easy because Osiris had all of Sarah's thoughts and memories.
That's one of the reasons I like Osiris so much, any other goa'uld would have just ordered Daniel to take him/her/it to the Stargate etc.

Old Post 02-26-2002 08:05 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

How did Osiris know it was called a Stargate? They would have called it a Chaapa' ai (or however it is spelled).

Old Post 02-26-2002 08:13 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Tomato, Tomahto

Old Post 02-26-2002 08:31 PM
shiloh
Radix lecti

And Osiris did a really good job of impersonating Sarah - most goa'uld would not bother, but he knew he had to be undercover. So he's smart and sneaky, not just arrogant.

Stargate vs Chappa'ai. Hmm. Well if 'Chappa'ai' translates literally as "star gate", then he was just translating --- whattaya think? Works for me.

Old Post 02-26-2002 09:09 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

I think Stargate is Chappa'ai, being Goa'uld seem to speak both English and ancient dialects, both would/could be used by Osiris. Yes Shiloh, I believe you are correct.

Old Post 02-26-2002 10:43 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
In 2 Deep
Warmaster

But why did sarah open the jar in the first place? I doubt it was curiosity....

History is on the move. Those who can not keep up will watch from behind. Those who stand in our way shall watch at all......

Old Post 02-27-2002 08:17 AM
In 2 Deep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for In 2 Deep Click here to Send In 2 Deep a Private Message Find more posts by In 2 Deep Add In 2 Deep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

i don't know i'll have to watch it again but yes why did she?

Old Post 02-27-2002 11:00 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
In 2 Deep
Warmaster

Being an archeology type person I would have thought she would have respect for the museum/who ever it belonged to not to open it.

And why would Osiris need to ask where the stargate was, becasue Hathor could sense where the Stargate was and automatically went there.

Too many questions.....

Old Post 02-27-2002 05:33 PM
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

I think one is following the wrong stereotype if anyone thinks an archeologist wouldn't want to know what's inside a jar. Archeologists aren't by default ardent preservationists who'd want to keep things sealed up and buried. They open things up, prod the contents, take notes and samples, then restores the artifact.

The Osiris Jar would almost certainly be presumed to be a canopic jar containing a dessicated organ from a mummified body or some items of household life like spices or cloth. The last thing an Earth archeologist (aside from Doc Jackson) would think was inside was a living alien organism with a penchant for taking over a human being's body.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Last edited by Rhydderch Hael on 02-27-2002 at 06:10 PM

Old Post 02-27-2002 06:02 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Stargate is an Earth term, in the film it translated as something silly like "Gate that leads to the stars", well, not that, but at least not "Stargate". Osiris had no contact with modern day humans and no knowledge of the SGC etc, he/she only knew about Egypt a few thousand years ago, when Earth under the Goa'uld would have called it the Chaapa'ai or however you spell it.

Old Post 02-27-2002 06:04 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Osiris, once in control of Sarah and attaining knowledge of modern Earth society, may have secretly enacted a search to determine whether or not modern humans knew of the Stargate system. One method of search would have to be the Internet. Maybe Osiris read one or two of those conspiracy theory websites talking about a "Star Gate" that the military was using to make contact with alien worlds, and ol' Osiris assumed that there may be a bit of truth behind these tales.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 02-27-2002 06:09 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus
Common Sense-less

I completely missed the beginning of Season 4, still haven't seen the conclusion to the replicators incident on Thor's ship or The Curse either . Although I do know what has happened (so dont worry about spoilers ), i'm just waiting for Sky One to repeat them!

Old Post 02-28-2002 12:53 PM
Deus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deus Click here to Send Deus a Private Message Find more posts by Deus Add Deus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote