Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Fail Safe(possible spoilies!)
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
president doc

Fail Safe(possible spoilies!)

what did yall think? APART FROM THE BLOODY FACT THAT SKY ONE PUT IT EARLY... probably so that they could put the big two parter next week, when weekdays showings catch up, in time for the christmas break, when it will restart along with enterprise early january, along with skyones big new image and relaunch!

but by putting it early, some parts didnt make sense, and some parts just BLATENTLY GAVE AWAY the plot and spoiled the big two parter! SIGH SIGH SIGH SIGH (then again, i already know the plot so..HAHA

and yeah, I thought this was a prety good eppy, id like to see what happens when the asgard find out about the broken treatamijigger!

Last edited by president doc on 12-12-2001 at 08:37 PM

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-12-2001 08:34 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

I thought it was good. Not for the first time this season, the plot seemed crap, but they managed to turn it around, and it wasn't bad. Also not for the first time this season, it had good suspense. Anyone recognise the Tok'ra woman from Exodus? (she was sitting in on the meeting I think)

Was the attack they kept referring to the one in Exodus?!

The Goa'uld will probably deny the attack.

Last edited by Venus on 12-12-2001 at 08:41 PM

Old Post 12-12-2001 08:39 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul C

The episode was shown in the correct order. I also can't remember anything spoiling the two parter, there was mention of Between Two Fires and Exodus but that was all I can remember, but I did miss a few minutes. Quick question, where did they get that cargo ship from?

Not bad episode, average but definetly watchable, even though when those black vans turned up at the start I was thinking not NID again! At the moment I would give it 3 stars.

Old Post 12-12-2001 08:55 PM
Paul C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul C Click here to Send Paul C a Private Message Visit Paul C's homepage! Find more posts by Paul C Add Paul C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

They looked so cocky in the beginning, ha, I knew nobody was going to help! Yeah, of course their 'allies' would help, like they did before. I don't think so!

I wish Daniel flew the ship more, I like him flying ships. Hell, I'd like him to do anything in the episode except sit there and act funny.

I was quite shocked, they actually went offworld! We didn't see much of any planet, but it's a start. And there was continuity! OMG!

The 'deepest crater we can find' very scientific and exact. They're not going to save the world with that attitude (OK, they did but that's beside the point). Sam sounded so knowledgeable reading the information off the screen, don't you think

The spacesuits were so stupid looking!

Knew it was a goa'uld ploy the minute they crashed on the asteroid. Sam's little "We shouldn't have landed at that velocity" (paraphrasing here) made it kinda blatantly obvious! I also figure the NID made that bomb, incase SG-1 'changed their minds'. Time will tell.

Great ending, not! Ok, well it was a good ending but they should have shown SG-1 returning to Earth (darn money hungry execs!)

And to summarise, good episode but I still want them to go offworld, to an actual planet, and stay on it for a while. That would be nice for a change. Or, they could actually use the Stargate for once, but I digress. Also, I don't think Thor (et al) are to impressed with Jack anymore, lol!

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-12-2001 09:05 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

well, seeing as this is a spoily thread

Spoiler:
it said they couldnt get help from the tollan as they were destroyed and the ship was also crahsed, one assumes in the 2 parter, which will be really odd as theyll crash it in their future

Old Post 12-12-2001 09:14 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeeMarie

Yes, the whole crashed cargo ship thing confused me too I don't recall it from an earlier episode...

Having said that, I thought this was a good one, with lots of funny dialogue to break up the naff plot.

I loved Teal'c's 'As am I' comments that ran through the eppy, and that guy, Spellman?, who didn't want to go through the gate at the start, then needed the toilet. And then they found out the three engineers fixing the cargo ship were the same guys who modified the flyer in Point of No Return lol.

Some great quotes from O'Neill:

As the engineers leave - "I'm gonna want to talk to you later."

When told they can't detonate the bomb - "We came, we saw, we planted a bomb, we had a little fun with a meteor shower, we went home. It's a great story."

When trying to decide which of the last two, all-yellow wires to cut - "You know, I'd like to take this opportunity to say, that this a really poorly designed bomb and I think we should say something to somebody when we get back."

After Carter's dodgy Choice 3 - "Is there a four?"

Looking out of the cargo ship's window at Earth - "Carter, I can see my house."

Old Post 12-12-2001 10:34 PM
DeeMarie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DeeMarie Click here to Send DeeMarie a Private Message Find more posts by DeeMarie Add DeeMarie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

Wow, eversince the UK got new episodes, I feel so left out...

Old Post 12-12-2001 10:38 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

yeah, were really kicking your arses arent we

Old Post 12-12-2001 10:45 PM
ColJ
Jack O'Neill's De-briefer

According to Joe Mallozi on the Starguide board;

"The reason the cargo ship didn't make any sense (and I've noticed a lot of confusion on other newsgroups along the lines of "If they've had that cargo ship sitting around for so long, why didn't they fix it sooner?")is because this episode was aired out of sequence. Fail Safe should have aired after the two-parter (Summit/Last Stand), which will explain what a downed cargo ship was doing on that planet. In reality, it hadn't been sitting there for months - more like days. "

Old Post 12-13-2001 05:17 AM
ColJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColJ Click here to Send ColJ a Private Message Find more posts by ColJ Add ColJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

Armageddon! Lots of cheap ass TV Special Effects. There were lots of great Effects. Armageddon. Deep Impact. Did I think hte metorite would hit? No. Did I mention Armageddon? Ok does anyone else her think that they tried to do a story that was way over their head? *Indi raises his hand* Sorry, but I kept thinking, "Armageddon!" throughout this entire episode. Even the music sounded like "AR-MA-GED-DON". Lol. I never knew that Fail safe ws supposed to Air after the two parter. However, I don't think it was Sky One's decision to show them out of order. Starguide and myself have officially listed Fail safe in that order as well. The funny thing was that I thought to myself, "The only thing this episode does is lead nicely into the big two parter of Summit and Last Stand" Because they have put Fail Safe in first it means that Sky One can play Summit next week and then stop for the christmas break. And then play Last Stand after christmas. It makes it that more intense knowing you'll have to wait a few weeks to find out what will happen in the second part. And besides, Sky stopped around this time last year for the christmas break.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 12-13-2001 09:46 AM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

i liked the eppy ..... definatly watch it again.... but those space suits were appaling..you could not see jacks nice shaped ass in them.... i think it started off like armegeddon but then gradually went on a stargate course... oooooh and i recognised the tok'ra lady....... good team eppy i think ... good to see teal'c has picked up a sense of humour.
i got really sad when i saw poor old hammy on his own to die...... i thought doc fraiser would of at least giving him a hug !!!!

when i heard daniel say he crashed the cargo ship i to was thinking...wtf!! but who was it who crashed it with him...i didnt hear the name so could some kind soul tell me!

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 12-13-2001 12:07 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andrea-T
Chocaholic

I am sooo annoyed!!!!
I forgot to set the video tape last night berofe I went out and completely missed the episode!! Damn, damn, damn, damn!!!!!

One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Old Post 12-13-2001 03:15 PM
Andrea-T is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andrea-T Click here to Send Andrea-T a Private Message Find more posts by Andrea-T Add Andrea-T to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Hmm, so Jacob and Daniel crash a ship in the near future. Interesting, very interesting.

I agree with you Indiana, was thinking Armageddon and Deep Impact the entire way through but hey, it was ok anyway.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-13-2001 03:50 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

In erm... DI, was the guy in that Frodo from LOTR / Elijah Wood, or am I thinking of something else?! The ending was different, I liked that.

Old Post 12-13-2001 04:26 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

This episode was crap. Of course that doesn't mean I didn't like it. Actually if it didn't have funny Jack lines I'd probably not like it a whole lot. I was groaning by the opening credits thanks to the first scene which set the whole thing up.
It was too easy. There was no tension....I mean everyone knows Jack was gonna cut the right wire, and that SG-1 would survive and that earth wouldn't get hit. This would have made for a good episode had they not done the 'saving the world' thing. I think if they'd not done the whole impending doom thing, and used something a little more insignificant, it'd have been better.

Stupidest bit was the 5hr scene where Jack and Teal'c 'drove' the bomb. Surely a few seconds of footage of walking in a spacesuit is enough.

I forget what else I had to b**** about but fave lines in the ep (all Jack of course)

"I've seen this movie, it hits Paris."
"Carter, I can see my house!!!!"

That running joke about being confident was good for a giggle too.

Oh yes I remember....when the cargo ship is about to hit head on with the asteroid and it all of a sudden stops and rights itself at the last moment. I snorted so hard lemonade came out my nose
Anyone keeping a tally of episodes Daniel is useless in? Add another 1 to it

Old Post 12-13-2001 04:59 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote