Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Ep:605 Night Walkers (SPOILERS)
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nug
Melon

well that would be just about everyone but you, seeing as it's a season 6 episode

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 07-30-2002 10:53 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

we're up to season 6 already? holy crap - that's like the last season!

Old Post 07-30-2002 11:02 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radiosity

Uhm....season six you mean.

Old Post 07-30-2002 01:30 PM
Radiosity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radiosity Click here to Send Radiosity a Private Message Visit Radiosity's homepage! Find more posts by Radiosity Add Radiosity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent

quote:
Originally posted by Goa`uld
we're up to season 6 already? holy crap - that's like the last season!

um, yeah we are so far 7 episodes into Season 6 already...

Old Post 07-30-2002 04:36 PM
Brent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent Click here to Send Brent a Private Message Visit Brent's homepage! Find more posts by Brent Add Brent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Here's something else to mull over: what exactly prevents the townspeople from ever leaking the news out about an invasion of Earth by alien snakes that control the minds of people?

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 08-01-2002 10:33 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmg

quote:
Originally posted by Rhydderch Hael
Here's something else to mull over: what exactly prevents the townspeople from ever leaking the news out about an invasion of Earth by alien snakes that control the minds of people?

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we see "Town Folk Possessed by Snake Creatures" as a headline on one of Teal'c's tabloids.

Old Post 08-01-2002 11:51 PM
kmg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kmg Click here to Send kmg a Private Message Find more posts by kmg Add kmg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry
A big honking space gun!

quote:
Originally posted by Rhydderch Hael

I thought they couldn`t remember anything they done at night?

Old Post 08-02-2002 10:42 AM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Which is the whole kicker about my argument.

The host of Apophis was able to recall the things he did while possessed by Apophis.

Skarra could remember the things Klorel did.

Shau're remembered the things Amohtet saw and heard.

Ironically, Kowalsky?who was infested with an infant Goa'uld?would black out and be unaware of what was going on when the Goa'uld took over.

So what we get where is a play against logic: infantile Goa'uld?who are not strong enough to maintain control of the host at all times?are yet capable enough of preventing the host from remembering what they do, yet a mature, fully developed Goa'uld who can maintain perpetual control of a human host, cannot prevent their knowledge and experience from being observed by the host's mind.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 08-02-2002 02:33 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam K
Ice Queen

Perhaps because a larval goa'uld isn't fully melded with its host? It's quite possible (within the realm of suspension of disbelief) that memories wouldn't be shared in this instance.

Old Post 08-02-2002 06:55 PM
Sam K is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam K Click here to Send Sam K a Private Message Visit Sam K's homepage! Find more posts by Sam K Add Sam K to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry
A big honking space gun!

Well they are meant to be sleeping so maybe they stay asleep I guess. The larval goa'uld might not be able to stop them remembering but they might be able to stop them from waking up when they are already asleep. I`m going to think this one over a bit.

Old Post 08-02-2002 08:00 PM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

I liked it. Loved sam. love te Jonas/Teal' banter. Story line was fab, even if twas played out a little slow some times. I love the idea of there being goa'uld clones: even if i didn't quiteunderstnd how the memories were passed on... sure, they are genetic.. but only from areproductive POV.. guess there really hasn't been a situation like this before....

The blending: yeah, i thought it would be a bigger deal... had i NOT known before hand tha sam DOES get implanted, i would have fallen out of my seat in shock. The whole concept is kinda scary. As i said, and have others - the sory was brilliant, bu the pacing... maybe a little off? not quite the 'shock-horror' it really should have been. cant pinpoint why.. direction? acting? (by the extras, that is - i loved the main cast).

anyway, still liked it, as much or more than abyss. and i didn't miss jack for one second.

GO SAM!

Old Post 08-04-2002 05:44 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Barry and Sam K's separate explanations to carry merit. It may be a matter of timing the moment of control while the host is unconscious (we get a hint of it in "Seth" when Jacob/Selmak is hit by Setesh's hand weapon, and in the moments after it is Selmak talking to Sam, stating that he'll heal Jacob and she should go after Seth. My take on it was that Jacob was knocked out by the hit, but Semak remained conscious.)

Another way to tackle it: analogize it to that of rattlesnakes. Lore around here in the western US is that it's far worse to be bitten by a very young rattlesnake rather than a fully mature one, because the young ones haven't developed their ability to regulate the amount of venom they secrete in a bite. Mature rattlers can produce "dry" bites with comparatively less venom, while the young'uns do a bit of overkill.

An infantile Goa'uld may, in their temporary bouts of control, lash out with excessive psionic force, subjugating their host completely, but the effort to do so may be so taxing that the Goa'uld "tires out", thus making the control all the more temporary.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 08-04-2002 07:48 AM
Goa`uld
Descended God

OR THE INFANT GOA'ULD ISN'T STRONG ENOUGH TO OFFLOAD IT'S MEMORY INTO THE HOST'S BRAIN... HMMM??? CLEARLY THE GOA'ULD IN THIS EPISODE WE'RE STUPID, JUST AS THE ONE THAT TOOK OVER ROTHMAN THAT TIME, THEY OBVIOUSLY HADN'T LEARNT TO USE THE HUMAN BRAIN AS PART OF THEIR OWN NEUROSYSTEM.

Old Post 08-04-2002 12:07 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

i agree, and find it totally plausable that these Goa'uld - not only infant, but clones, were unable to share memory space in the host brain.
Forget the infant stuff - there is no way to be able to justify a clone holding genetic memory. forget the name 'genetic', as that is *passed on* to a new infant... The Goa'uld aren't all knowing. Sure they have the memory of those that came before it, but what about those it was 'produced' with. If a Goa'uld is 1000 years old, it doesn't know what happened in the last 500 years to a symbiote that took off to the other side of the galaxy x-number of years ago...
Replicators have the right idea on shared memory..

Old Post 08-04-2002 09:43 PM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

However, my issue isn't about the transference of Goa'uld knowledge or memory to the host. It's about the host's own level of awareness while the Goa'uld controlled them.

Sam was aware of everything Jolinar did while she possessed her. Skarra was able to recount his attack on Daniel. Shau're recalled the times Apophis cursed Teal'c's name.

Those instances imply that while the Goa'uld was in control, the human mind they dominated could still be aware of what was happening. This condition was described by Apophis' host and the woman in "Thor's Hammer" as well.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 08-05-2002 12:46 AM