Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > ALLEGIANCE-(speculation/spoilers)
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

Great ep! I loved O'Neill's one-liner's - it's good to see him a funny smart-ass again. I also loved to see Bratac and Jacob/Selmak working side by side - my favorite Jaffa master and my favorite Tok'ra.
Didn't see any sparkage between Carter and that Tok'ra dude, though. If spouting off technobabble constitutes flirting in the galaxy, scientists beware!
Anyhoo, enjoyed the ep and the nice inspirational speech at the end. Can't wait until next week!

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 08-10-2002 04:04 AM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Way enjoyed this one. The Tok'ra / Tauri / Jaffa uneasy alliance bordering on outright hostility made for a wonderful context for the usual invisible enemy plot. I was pretty sure Bra'tac wasn't dead but I was really going to lose it if he was.

Loved the scene of Teal'c choking the life out of Malek (and he was really going at it) and Jack's casual, monotoned "Teal'c, don't". The unspoken communication between Sam and Jack (not shippy, sorry puddy) during that scene was great. And that look that Teal'c gave Malek after he let Malek go and Malek was walking away should've killed Malek in his tracks.

Other cool stuff not mentioned yet: Janet got to go off world again! At first I didn't recognize her 'cause it was so surprising to see her in BDU's and off world. And it wasn't SG11 that got wiped out, it was SG12 - maybe SG11 has finally overcome their curse!

But yeah, hands down the best line was jack's "when are we going to see some progress from that", and Malek's inability to come up with a retort.

I want to see a lot more of Malek.

(PS , U.S. folk, I need help, please see the thread in schedules and air dates... thanks)

Last edited by shiloh on 08-10-2002 at 05:56 AM

Old Post 08-10-2002 05:35 AM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Like, WOW!

Way cool episode!

(And not only because of the nifty new hardware).

Nifty, tense, good action scenes, a worthwhile change in the story line...

...Cool!

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 08-10-2002 06:08 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KMInfinity
Nereid

I loved this episode... Ties with Abyss as my fav this season so far.

Everyone has already mentioned some of the key elements that made the episode great. Overall, what makes this episode work is that it makes sense that the Jaffa and Tok'ra are uneasy in their alliance, and the progression from suspicion to cooperation to "brotherhood" was very well plotted...

Some other nice touches :

~We get a bit of backstory concerning Jack's experience with the symbiote. I need to rewatch to read between the lines for more info, but Jacob makes it clear that Jack's experience as a Tok'ra was atypical and that Kanan used Jack---the classic case of someone trying to have the end justify the means.

~The fight scenes, especially Bra'tac's, were great.

~Malleck (sp?) is a very intriguing character. He was well able to spar with Jack verbally, "flirt" with Sam (or at least, communicate scientifically... ), and generate some nice tension with Teal'c.. Dare I say it? Maybe Jonas could, um... ascend next week and Malleck could join SG1. Makes more sense to have a Tok'ra on board with a Jaffa instead of a representation from Kellownan or whatever the name is for that alien backwater Jonas sprung from.

~There was a teeny tiny bit of S-J ship, IMO. When the Tok'ra "lie detector" was being used, Sam and Jack exchange glances when they explain that the machine can give a false positive.. They specifically note that they have experience with that situation.... and it's Jack who looks a bit "shippy"... Sam just looks reserved and factual.....

What's remarkable about science fiction is that it's literature at its best. It doesn't exist because high schools require students to read it, or because grants are given out for it.... or because colleges have embedded it in their curriculum. It exists because it speaks to people. James Morrow

Old Post 08-10-2002 06:49 AM
KMInfinity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KMInfinity Click here to Send KMInfinity a Private Message Find more posts by KMInfinity Add KMInfinity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

wow... cant wait...its alot better then the reaction we got from shadow play

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 08-10-2002 09:04 AM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiMoNz19

who was the invisable enemy taking out the Tok'ra and Rebel Jaffa one by one, was it the Reetou?

Old Post 08-10-2002 10:04 AM
TiMoNz19 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TiMoNz19 Click here to Send TiMoNz19 a Private Message Find more posts by TiMoNz19 Add TiMoNz19 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

nope it was a goa'uld assassin ....dont ask how i know

Old Post 08-10-2002 10:10 AM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiMoNz19

Unhappy

COOL! a Goa'uld Assassin ,

Old Post 08-10-2002 10:12 AM
TiMoNz19 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TiMoNz19 Click here to Send TiMoNz19 a Private Message Find more posts by TiMoNz19 Add TiMoNz19 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiMoNz19

i've just found the site where i downloaded the 1st half of Season 6 then they moved it so now i have to download Abyss, Shadow Play, The Other Guys and Allegiance , i'll probably download Abyss 1st seen i've been hearing Great things about this episode, then i'll go for Allegiance and then The other Guys, i wasn't going to download them , i was going to wait until they aired in NZ, but i can't wait, hehe.

Old Post 08-10-2002 10:20 AM
nug
Melon

Weeeeeee. Excellent ep *nods*Great tension, action, storyline. It was all good.

Jack's "Teal'c.....stop...." was classic. And the "No I like it, it's good" re: the energy field *giggles*

Wondering why Jack took out his knife though at the end to fight the ashrak, what, out of ammo?
And Jack's big gun hehe.....firing in circles - was a bit silly, seeing how all the ashrak had to do to avoid it was duck like everyone else

Basically, the ep was good in the first place. What made it great, imo was Jacob and Brat'ac in the same episode, and the references to past episodes.

Old Post 08-10-2002 10:40 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmg

quote:
Originally posted by nug
And Jack's big gun hehe.....firing in circles - was a bit silly, seeing how all the ashrak had to do to avoid it was duck like everyone else

YES! Thank you! I thought the same thing. Jack yells "Everybody down!" before firing. Wellllll, doesn't that give you a heads up on what he's about to do.

Did you notice how the ashrak hit Carter, and afterwards Jack said nothing to how she was? Not even are you all right! He did for Teal'c!

Why didn't the ashrak kill Carter to prevent her from fixing the machine again?

Did anyone see PDL? He wrote and directed this one.

There was something I noticed in this episode. To me, some of the actors seemed a bit off. I noticed this with CA and AT. It seemed like AT would be either stepping into a scene or stepping out of a scene or she was off camera. CA seemed to keep the same reaction throughout the show. I'm not sure, but something felt off.

Last edited by kmg on 08-10-2002 at 11:11 AM

Old Post 08-10-2002 11:08 AM
kmg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kmg Click here to Send kmg a Private Message Find more posts by kmg Add kmg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

well jacob was in pain and carter was stuck on a planet with no doohickeys.. did you see her face light up when she knew she could do something to help.
jack was so funny in this ep
i almost cried when i saw bra'tac being dragged off.. the look on his face . i had tears in my eyes! what a dam good actor!
and jack with his gun!!! oh yeah baby!

Old Post 08-10-2002 01:21 PM
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

I noticed the scene where they turned on the reactor and the ashkrak was right next to Carter. It was really cool because the ashrak raised his knife to hit Carter, but she blocked it at the last moment with her P-90 then dropped to the ground to safety so that everyone else could shoot it. I did't notice this until I'd watched the encore ep, but I thought it was really sweet.

Hmmm... I suppose that the part where Jack shoots that really big gun was pointless, but damn, it was really cool! Jack O'Neill + big gun = sweetness.

Loved the Jack quotes, and he seemed so honest when he said, "No, I like it." Tee hee.

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 08-10-2002 01:34 PM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

quote:
There was something I noticed in this episode. To me, some of the actors seemed a bit off. I noticed this with CA and AT. It seemed like AT would be either stepping into a scene or stepping out of a scene or she was off camera. CA seemed to keep the same reaction throughout the show. I'm not sure, but something felt off.

I didn't notice it, but perhaps it's due to editting?

quote:
Did you notice how the ashrak hit Carter, and afterwards Jack said nothing to how she was? Not even are you all right! He did for Teal'c!

Well obviously, Carter can take a hit better
Either that or Jack likes T better....teehee.

I question the title of this episode though. Allegiance...is, appropriate enough I suppose. But this ep should have been called Divide & Conquer. D&C should have been called Useless Piece of Crap With No Point

Old Post 08-10-2002 01:57 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent

No one should doubt Jacks fighting ability anymore

I just loved how he first pulled that huge gun and said everyone get down! and started raining bullets in a circucular patern, then towards the end how he pulled that knife ready for a hand to hand fight, he's still got some kick left in him

and at the very end, did that speech just not bring a tear to our eye! we are united, fighting against one cause, Tok'ra, Jaffa, and Tauri

Old Post 08-10-2002 02:26 PM
Brent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent Click here to Send Brent a Private Message Visit Brent's homepage! Find more posts by Brent Add Brent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote