Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > 608 - "The Other Guys" Synopsis (Spoilers Inside)
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Goa`uld
Descended God

you have to remember though that Amanda Tapping actually kissed that guy...

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 08-04-2002 12:09 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captn Carter
So I can do this....

I know.. my jaw is still on the floor.
And it also doesn't help with my 'Sam doesn't get with just anyone' argument.. regardless as to if it was real or not.
Hehe, but I LOVE this ep. It was one of those feel good, no other reason then a bit of fun eps, (like Window of Op) that we havn't had for a while.
Not being a Trek fan, can someone tell me who the guy was? And explain that red shirt joke? *feels stupid* And any other in-Trek jokes...

I'm going with just the end bit being a dream... but then you never know.. It all WAS very strange..
There was a bit.. Teal'c raises his eyebrown in the usual fasion, and then he does that quick, jerk of his head to the left with a half smile like he knows something.... *frowns* Don't ask me why I brought that up.

Must see again! hehe. I can forgive them for Shadow Play now.
(remindes me of Enigma.. I hated that ep so much and then they showed Solitudes. Forgave them instantly)

For a little bit of Aussie with your Sci-fi
Austr-alien.com

Old Post 08-04-2002 12:25 PM
Captn Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Captn Carter Click here to Send Captn Carter a Private Message Visit Captn Carter's homepage! Find more posts by Captn Carter Add Captn Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmg

quote:
Originally posted by Captn Carter
Not being a Trek fan, can someone tell me who the guy was? And explain that red shirt joke? *feels stupid* And any other in-Trek jokes...

Billingsley (Coombs) is the alien doctor on Enterprise the new Star Trek show.

In the old series, anyone wearing a red uniform shirt got killed. This is a classic joke carried throughout all of the series.

Several other SG eps have had Star Trek actors too. The actors that have played Quark (Shimerman ), Odo (Auberjonois ), Lt. Troy (Sirtis), and Q (DeLancie).

Old Post 08-04-2002 01:29 PM
kmg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kmg Click here to Send kmg a Private Message Find more posts by kmg Add kmg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmg

quote:
Originally posted by shiloh
Oh, this is interesting. A friend of mine e-mailed me that she spotted a Klingon blade amoung the daggers on the wall behind the throne.

Can some trek fan watch it again and confirm/deny?

'Cause if that is a Klingon blade, I'd interpert that as a big hint that the whole thing was a daydream.

I would agree if it is there. I haven't had a chance to rewatch it again.

I took this episode as more for the actors than a regular SG episode. The way they behaved and things said was like their version of the show "Wormhole eXtreme". When O'Neill asks the others about the interview line, I was expecting him to say "Amanda, Chris, Corin, what did you think?" instead of "Sam, Teal'c, Jonas". Much of Jack's reactions were "over acted".

Old Post 08-04-2002 01:40 PM
kmg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kmg Click here to Send kmg a Private Message Find more posts by kmg Add kmg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

quote:
Originally posted by kmg

Several other SG eps have had Star Trek actors too. The actors that have played Quark (Shimerman ), Odo (Auberjonois ), Lt. Troy (Sirtis), and Q (DeLancie).

dont forget A-Team superstar and trusty lieutenent Reg Barcly!

Old Post 08-04-2002 01:47 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

what???
i kinda feel sorry for poor amanda.... he wasnt the nicest looking of guys

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 08-04-2002 07:00 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

quote:
I know.. my jaw is still on the floor.
And it also doesn't help with my 'Sam doesn't get with just anyone' argument.. regardless as to if it was real or not.

Geez!

An "easy chick" with a Doctorate in Physics and Hand-to-Hand Combat Training?!?!?!?

And she's a blonde!!!

IF it weren't for the Black Widow curse...

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 08-04-2002 07:29 PM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captn Carter
So I can do this....

lol :P
Sad isn't it?

Hey, a question, or rather a statment (you decide)
How come it seems SG-1's mission reports are open to the public? EVERYONE seems to have read through them.
And Deathbunny, what exactly do MRE's stand for?

Austr-alien.com

Old Post 08-04-2002 09:34 PM
Captn Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Captn Carter Click here to Send Captn Carter a Private Message Visit Captn Carter's homepage! Find more posts by Captn Carter Add Captn Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Meal Rejected by Everyone...

...or Meals, Ready to Eat officially.

Pretty much everything's in the pouch (except water for some things, like the Heater or some of the fruit in old MRE's) for you to rip it open and eat it.

A link:

http://www.sbccom.army.mil/products/food/mre.htm

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

Old Post 08-04-2002 10:06 PM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

*shivers* yukky!!!!! they do not look at all nice!
brings to mind the eppy 'first commandment' when daniel said the macoroni cheese tasted like chicken....

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 08-05-2002 09:21 AM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captn Carter
So I can do this....

*laughs* I remember that. hehe, poor guy stuck in the military.
Omg.. it can last up to 3 years.. that's just icky. *shudder*

Anyways, watched the ep again, noticed a few things..

When they were sitting in the Goa'uld ship, and Sam asks Jonas why he's not smiling, that conversation afterwards just made me think Jonas didn't have a clue they were 'undercover'. The whole - what now, shouldn't we be trying to escape' questions were what gave it away.

EVERY SINGLE show I have watched... EVERYONE of them, has those stupid, ungarded, easy to access vents. It's THE oldest trick in the book.. you'd think someone would have caught on by now and DONE SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
Ahem.
Sorry.. just..yeah.

Was it just me, or was Hammond not overly concerned his 'best team' was captured, with their Tok'ra informat dead? Usually he's a bag of worry, but in this he's like. "Meh, let them sort it out themselves, I'm sick of saving their hides'

The thing with Amanda having to kiss that guy. They are probably 'really' good friends.. and I can just imagien they all cacking up laughing, seconds before she hadda kiss him. (oh my kingdom to see bloopers) But I SOOO wanted to see Jack's face!

I felt that Jack and Teal'c where taking over the military roles, and Sam had the 'Babysit Jonas' detail. The guy was hardly in it at all, but Sam was always with him..
And ooh! He killed someone! With a Zat mind you, but it's a start. In fact.. in that first fight scene, before they got captured, Sam was useing a Zat too... strange.

I just wanna comment about Jacks vanity. When the geek guy was saying to Jack - "Oh, dozen Jaffa, big guns, peice of cake' and Jacks goes, "oh great.." sorta that's huge.
Then Geek guys all, what? you are SG-1! It's what you do! Jack.. trying to show off? -"Alright." and they run off. hehe

And, 'cause of hard to see quality download, who was that standing at the gate at the end when they were being shot at? And he like, shrugs before diving thru the gate. That wasn't Jack was it? 'cause that's SOOOO something Jack wouldn't do....

Hmm, I've rattled on enough.....

Austr-alien.com

Old Post 08-05-2002 10:44 AM
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

If you mean me, I'm out now. And I was in for 2 years National Guard (part-time) and 5 years active duty...

The episode seemed almost like a caricture of SG-1, didn't it?

Old Post 08-05-2002 05:59 PM
shiloh
Radix lecti

quote:
Anyways, watched the ep again, noticed a few things..

When they were sitting in the Goa'uld ship, and Sam asks Jonas why he's not smiling, that conversation afterwards just made me think Jonas didn't have a clue they were 'undercover'. The whole - what now, shouldn't we be trying to escape' questions were what gave it away.

EVERY SINGLE show I have watched... EVERYONE of them, has those stupid, ungarded, easy to access vents. It's THE oldest trick in the book.. you'd think someone would have caught on by now and DONE SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Was it just me, or was Hammond not overly concerned his 'best team' was captured, with their Tok'ra informat dead? Usually he's a bag of worry, ..

And, 'cause of hard to see quality download, who was that standing at the gate at the end when they were being shot at? And he like, shrugs before diving thru the gate. That wasn't Jack was it? 'cause that's SOOOO something Jack wouldn't do....

Hmm, I've rattled on enough.....

and Deathbunny said:
quote:
"The episode almost seemed like a caricature of SG-1, didn't it?

For all those reason, I'm falling into "it was all a day dream" camp.

Old Post 08-05-2002 06:24 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SNY
De profesi?n barriobajera

Where Can i find a pictures of the end? the kiss and the funny scenes?

Ayuda

Old Post 08-05-2002 10:11 PM
SNY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SNY Click here to Send SNY a Private Message Visit SNY's homepage! Find more posts by SNY Add SNY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KMInfinity
Nereid

quote:

who was that standing at the gate at the end when they were being shot at? And he like, shrugs before diving thru the gate. That wasn't Jack was it?

I am 99% sure it was indeed Jack who stood at the gate, gave a little shrug, a kind of a taunt to the pursuers, before diving into the wormhole...

It was rather cute...

But was another example of the kind of thing Deathbunny meant calling it a caricature episode...... Makes me think it was a dream...

::: picking petals : It was a dream... It wasn't a dream.... It was a dream.... it wasn't a dream...... :::

What's remarkable about science fiction is that it's literature at its best. It doesn't exist because high schools require students to read it, or because grants are given out for it.... or because colleges have embedded it in their curriculum. It exists because it speaks to people. James Morrow

Old Post 08-05-2002 10:44 PM
KMInfinity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KMInfinity Click here to Send KMInfinity a Private Message Find more posts by KMInfinity Add KMInfinity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote