Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Gate Builders
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Thor Jr
Live Long and don't die

quote:
Originally posted by shellz
I thought it was funny!
Anyway back on topic... sort of

Could the Goa'uld handle all that stuff in their brains cos that could be where Anubis is getting all his new technology from. Then the ancients could come back to sort it all out or something.

Well, remember what each of these 'Gods' are, they are just snakys in bodys, I recon Anubis is in the body of an Azgaard, or something that creepy, the fact they have kept him so covered up so far, either that or its Hitler.

Thor Jr

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 05-02-2002 11:26 PM
Thor Jr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thor Jr Click here to Send Thor Jr a Private Message Find more posts by Thor Jr Add Thor Jr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thor Jr
Live Long and don't die

I think the Gate Creators where probably more a Ship flying race, since they would have had to fly to all of these worlds at least once to drop off a Stargate. Just like in Lost in Space, where they are building the two gateways, one at each end.

Thor Jr

Old Post 05-02-2002 11:29 PM
Thor Jr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thor Jr Click here to Send Thor Jr a Private Message Find more posts by Thor Jr Add Thor Jr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thor Jr
Live Long and don't die

quote:
Originally posted by president doc
A race such as the Ancients would have colonies on Thousands of planets.

I think we can assume that the Ancients occupied every planet that had a stargate, since I assume they flew to that planet in the first place to put a Gate their, and there are a 'few' gates, Plus the Gou'ld have knicked quite a few and put onto motherships.

I think the program has been ever so slightly spoiled by the fact the Tolen could build a gate themselves, I think it would have been better if the story said they just took one off another planet.

Old Post 05-02-2002 11:33 PM
Thor Jr
Live Long and don't die

quote:
Originally posted by Jaffa, Kree!
since when have fans ever taken anything at face value....?

I wonder, when the Ancients were testing their time machine in the past, if it went screwy with time back then, too? Like, surrounding planets to the world they came from, and it went on for hundreds of years, and no-one knew about it? That might explain why some worlds seem so primative - they could have been developing at a similar rate to ours, but got caught in this loop, and because there was no third party to witness the event, they didn't even realise - and hence, were 'set back' a hundred years in development? Maybe it's happened to our planet before too???? (see the other thread about there being few planets with similar tech to ours..)

HEY! heres a great twist off that idea.. MAYBE WE ARE THE GATE CREATORS!

and as above, a time machine from that world set us back millions of years, which is why we are so primative.

Old Post 05-02-2002 11:35 PM
Jaffa, Kree!

which is the exact same point i have been arguing for years!!

Old Post 05-03-2002 01:28 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote