Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Meridian (SPOILERS)
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Eeeeek. No it's for Jack not Danny. I bet it was in the brother sister way. (Well it had so better have been).
But when you think about it. All the guys that Sam likes dies, and all the girls that Danny goes for gets snakes in them. Bother of with the have done.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 05-13-2002 12:25 PM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MandaSue

I seen "movie" in a few posts, I was wondering what that was all about, is there going to be a stargate movie or what. Sorry I'm so behind everything that's going on (I didn't even know MS was leaving, making this episode that much more shocking) but I just (finally) found a forum that wasn't just episode downloads.

Old Post 05-13-2002 03:35 PM
MandaSue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MandaSue Click here to Send MandaSue a Private Message Find more posts by MandaSue Add MandaSue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MandaSue

Chamelelon: My thoughts exacly on the whole Carter's guys dying and Daniels Gouly girls

Old Post 05-13-2002 03:50 PM
MandaSue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MandaSue Click here to Send MandaSue a Private Message Find more posts by MandaSue Add MandaSue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam K
Ice Queen

My two cents...

I cried my eyes out in this episode, even though I knew what was going to happen. I loved the Sam/Daniel scene, and no, I don't think she is in love with him. Does every admission of feelings have to send the shippers into a frenzy?

Also, if RDA was any more wooden in this episode, he'd be Pinocchio. For crying out loud. "Hi Daniel! What's up?" He was dying. Not dropping in for a spot of tea.

And finally, Jonas. As I suspected, rumors of his evilness were greatly exaggerated. Sure he started out the episode badly, but I felt he redeemed himself in the end. He can't go back to his family, friends, or planet, for what he did to help the SGC. And Daniel was vindicated; he did not get the blame for what happened.

Mel Harris?! I thought she looked familiar.

Old Post 05-13-2002 04:19 PM
Sam K is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam K Click here to Send Sam K a Private Message Visit Sam K's homepage! Find more posts by Sam K Add Sam K to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Originally posted by Sam K
I loved the Sam/Daniel scene, and no, I don't think she is in love with him. Does every admission of feelings have to send the shippers into a frenzy?
Personally, I just go on about it to wind up the S/J shippers. I think they have about as much of a case as me.

Also, if RDA was any more wooden in this episode, he'd be Pinocchio. For crying out loud. "Hi Daniel! What's up?" He was dying. Not dropping in for a spot of tea.
I think that's how he is. He doesn't always express his emotions. A 'hardened soldier'.

He can't go back to his family, friends, or planet, for what he did to help the SGC. And Daniel was vindicated; he did not get the blame for what happened.
Thank you!!

Mel Harris?!
Who? But she bugged me too ... Who is she?

Old Post 05-13-2002 04:52 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

quote:
Originally posted by Sam K
My two cents...

And finally, Jonas. As I suspected, rumors of his evilness were greatly exaggerated. Sure he started out the episode badly, but I felt he redeemed himself in the end. He can't go back to his family, friends, or planet, for what he did to help the SGC. And Daniel was vindicated; he did not get the blame for what happened.

Mel Harris?! I thought she looked familiar.

Thanks, SamK. I agree -- it seems to me that some of the anti-Jonas want it both ways.... they're mad at him for not betraying his country & planet by supporting their versions of events, at least initially, AND they're mad at him for betraying his country and stealing the naquadaria, calling him a "thief".

Mel Harris - she was in Thirtysomething, right? Never watched that, but the name is familiar.

Old Post 05-13-2002 05:58 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CyberTyger

I thought most of the EP was well done. Altough MS's could have been given more airtime and a little after show show reminicing Daniel would have been nice. I cried several times and just want Daniel Back. I didn't think Jonas belonged in the EP at all. I thought the actor the played him sucked. The character seems at this point a Danny clone who is shallow and sickning. Maybe he'll grow on me I'll give him a few EP's anyway. But at this point he reminds me of nermal (sp?) that grey kitten from garfield.

Old Post 05-14-2002 05:46 AM
CyberTyger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CyberTyger Click here to Send CyberTyger a Private Message Find more posts by CyberTyger Add CyberTyger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
O'Neill
Spam King since 1983.

Yeah i know it would have been nice if Jack cried or something. But thats not the way he is. He dosent express much emotion any time. But i see hwere you're coming from its nice on the occasions that he does show a little heat of the moment. Like at the end of "The Serpents Lair" when he realises Daniel is alive and hugs him. Like that. Im not getting into the Jonas thing i think ive said to much on that subject.

Old Post 05-14-2002 06:29 AM
O'Neill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for O'Neill Click here to Send O'Neill a Private Message Find more posts by O'Neill Add O'Neill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

You gathered all this from a few scenes?
People say hes a Danny clone and yet the same people say hes a coward who let Danny boy die.
Oh well, whats happened has happened, its a TV show, its part of the story.

Old Post 05-14-2002 08:52 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

quote:
Originally posted by MandaSue
I think the reason Carter never actually said the words "I love you Daniel" is because they've all died or nearly died so many times that maybe she was expecting him to come through it... However, from what she did say, it sounded like she was confessing her love to me...

ah maybe, but love has many different forms..

As i've said in post earlier, a lot of what was said and the emotions that played out in that episode were the actors own.. Every tear on that set was real. And so, Amanda being married, and Michael having his own partner, you still dont think the scene between THEM would have played out that way...? If you're around someone who is dying, all sorts of emotional will come to the fore and are heightened - not 'passionate love' but love based on friendship.

Old Post 05-15-2002 03:28 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CyberTyger

Whoa I said I'd give Jonas a few EPs and I will. I was excited when I frist saw him it was like there's the new guy. Maybe the character will be pretty good. I was disappointed by his first EP and wanted to give you my opion based on it.

This is a little OT but I remembered hating the character of Blair Sandberg the first EP of The Sentinel. But trust me I'm a hardcore fan of the character now and I even like the first EP better now.

I don't think it will ever lessen the blow of Meridan though. Daniel was the perfect character for me personally to relate to. So I may like the six season but I don't think I'll be as attached to it as the others.

Old Post 05-15-2002 04:21 AM
CyberTyger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CyberTyger Click here to Send CyberTyger a Private Message Find more posts by CyberTyger Add CyberTyger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

I agree Cybertiger. I'm totally open to Jonas because, ultimately, he's there, he's part of the team. I think the show might be lessened because of the loss of the Daniel character, and the fact that there's no way in 22 episodes for the Jonas character to really get out from under the Daniel shadow. If this show ran for 2 or 3 more years, then we'd have a real chance to really get to know and explore him. Plenty of shows have sucsessfully replaced very popular cast members, but it usually took more than one season for the fans to get used to the new guy. Heck, over at Angel some folks still haven't gotten accepted Doyle being gone, and he was only in 9 episodes 3 years ago.

Old Post 05-15-2002 04:09 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rainbow

Hi watched Meridian for the first time last night, well it was quite frankly in my opinion very sad. Daniel Jackson is leaving. Jonas Quinn so fa a liar and then a coward come traitor is not very impresive as a member of SG1.
Maybe he gets better in the last ep of season 5 or during season 6 but he has very last shoes to fill. MS was very good good as the SG1 consious. He just comes across as wrong.
we shall see!!!

Old Post 06-02-2002 09:17 PM
rainbow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rainbow Click here to Send rainbow a Private Message Find more posts by rainbow Add rainbow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote