Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > ALLEGIANCE-(speculation/spoilers)
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Majson
The Quantum Leaper

i liked this ep, well rounded and solidly written..and off world...wowsers....

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 08-14-2002 03:30 PM
Majson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majson Click here to Send Majson a Private Message Visit Majson's homepage! Find more posts by Majson Add Majson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

yeah the off world part really nailed it

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 08-14-2002 05:01 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

quote:
Originally posted by webmouse
... once they could actually see this blue glowing figure that they have all wanted to kill, did these mighty warriors stand there like ninnies and not fire until Bra'tac showed up?!

Nice for Bra'tac to save the day, but I just don't see why it was necessary with all that firepower amongst all those hyped-up fighters. Hell, even Daniel could have fired faster.

It's simple. They're Jaffa.

Even when on the good-guy side, they fight like your typical action-movie goons. You know, the sort who will circle around the hero and proceed to fight him one-on-one instead of the more reasonable gang-rush that gets the job done.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 08-14-2002 05:11 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
webmouse
Fearless Mouse

So what's the excuse then for the Tok'ra and the SGC failing to fire? All of these guys are combat trained and in danger. The long hang before Bra'tac showed up just didn't work for me. "Come on, guys, fire already!" should not have been my first thought.

I'm ok with a certain amount of dramatic licence, but if the show wants my "willing suspension of disbelief" they have got to stop asking my disbelief to take a hike whenever they have something implausible happen.

Queen of De Nile

Old Post 08-14-2002 06:42 PM
webmouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for webmouse Click here to Send webmouse a Private Message Visit webmouse's homepage! Find more posts by webmouse Add webmouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tiger

I am with you Webmouse

Old Post 08-14-2002 07:23 PM
Tiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tiger Click here to Send Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Add Tiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Hey, don't look at me, I made my suggestion "why not" (blocked LOS) and my solution might not even have needed anyone to fire...

"Where's the Ashrak?"
"Still bouncing around the minefield..."

Oh, and a .50 with the right ammo can take out light armored vehicles...

...Ashrak? Unas? Goa'uld? Jaffa? Elephant? No problem!

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 08-14-2002 07:37 PM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry
A big honking space gun!

Hey was that a new badge underneath the Sg team badge on the right shoulder?

Old Post 08-14-2002 10:29 PM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

Well, new since season six. That smaller patch underneath the larger one (can't remember which one that is at the moment) is the United States Air Force Symbol. You gotta love free advertising!

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 08-14-2002 10:33 PM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

These:

These are the new USAF Symbol...

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 08-15-2002 01:33 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
webmouse
Fearless Mouse

way cool

Queen of De Nile

Old Post 08-15-2002 02:02 AM
webmouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for webmouse Click here to Send webmouse a Private Message Visit webmouse's homepage! Find more posts by webmouse Add webmouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captn Carter
So I can do this....

Jack's whole fireing episode, I reckon was to buy time for Carter to finnish bringing the machine 'back online'. If he goes off like a madman, it's gonna discourage anyone for just those few extra seconds Sam needed.
It wasn't 'meant' to hit the Ashrak... but it went to hide behind the boxes - instead prehaps of going after Cater again and this time actually killing her.

For a little bit of Aussie with your Sci-fi
Austr-alien.com

Old Post 08-15-2002 07:04 AM
Captn Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Captn Carter Click here to Send Captn Carter a Private Message Visit Captn Carter's homepage! Find more posts by Captn Carter Add Captn Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiMoNz19

I agree with you Captn Carter about the whole firing thing, it was to buy time for Carter to finnish bringing the machine 'back online'

Old Post 08-23-2002 10:10 AM
TiMoNz19 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TiMoNz19 Click here to Send TiMoNz19 a Private Message Find more posts by TiMoNz19 Add TiMoNz19 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote