Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Shadow Play Discussed -- SPOILERS
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

The schizophrenic theme didnt atually trigger the memory of watching A beutiful Mind because that movie did not immediately impact in my mind, but rather when I think of Schizo's i think of [spoilers for a schizo movie]

Spoiler:
I think of fight Club because it had a real twist. it worked out better than the Schizo theme of A Beautiful Mind

The thing which reminded me of A beautiful Mind was the build up to an anti-climax. Like in A Beautiful mind, I thought it would have been better if they hadn't be Schizo and that what was transpiring was actually happening.

Note to Paul C: I think when you mentioned production design being bad and then gave an example you talked about clothing. Now if i a wrong you can correct me, but wouldnt that be a reference to costume design? I would have thought production design would have been related more along the lines of the design of the sets such as the sets used, how the set was dressed, props used within the set and the actual design of the set.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-02-2002 12:21 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul C

To quote Homer & Jack O'Neill. D'OH. Of course it is costume design!

Old Post 11-02-2002 07:54 PM
Paul C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul C Click here to Send Paul C a Private Message Visit Paul C's homepage! Find more posts by Paul C Add Paul C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tina_als_girl
Calavicci's Girl

I personally thought the costume design in "Shadow Play" was quite good. It helped to give the audience a tangible indicator of what point of advancement Kelowna was at as opposed to Earth.

Joy

Old Post 11-11-2002 01:22 AM
tina_als_girl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tina_als_girl Click here to Send tina_als_girl a Private Message Visit tina_als_girl's homepage! Find more posts by tina_als_girl Add tina_als_girl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by Indiana
Like in A Beautiful mind, I thought it would have been better if they hadn't be Schizo and that what was transpiring was actually happening.

Well, I suppose the plot was slightly inflexible, due to it being a true story and all.

I liked the different approach, it's nice to have the opccasional episode that shows it from someone else's point of view than SG1, and the 'normal' way of filming an ep. Though there was something up with Jonas' acting (and I'm assuming it was deliberate seeing as it was only in the hallucinating scenes), it was good, made you question what you were actually seeing, how much was real, divided point of view (some from the Ziggy guy, can't remember his name, and some from SG1 etc). Minor spoiler for some S6 eps:
Spoiler:
Like Forever In a Day, Proving Ground, The Other Guys etc. You're not sure whether you're seeing what's actually happening, or if the audience is being duped, or if you're seeing it from the point of view of a character who's... mistaken...

So yeah, liked it.

btw... what is costume design?

Old Post 11-11-2002 09:34 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul C

quote:
btw... what is costume design?

Someone comes up with all the designs and looks of the clothes that the cast wear each episode.

Old Post 11-11-2002 08:32 PM
Paul C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul C Click here to Send Paul C a Private Message Visit Paul C's homepage! Find more posts by Paul C Add Paul C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote