Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Spaceship class
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mister Oragahn

Ok, various quotes.

quote:
I think the writers made a mistake with the naming

because in The Thors Chariot

Tealc said "Hattak, a pyramid ship"

Hattak or Ha'tak ?
Are we sure he was refering to a class of ship ? Sounds weird to describe a class that way ("Death Star, a ball station").
If this is true, then we would have the reference Ha'tak used for two different ships, which would lead us to believe that Ha'tak has in fact nothing to do with a class.

quote:
In "Exodus", the helmsman on Apophis' ship IDs the ship the gang's been using as a Hatak.

That's a nice clue. Now, are we sure that Ha'tak refers to a class of ship ?

quote:
The Goa'uld have WHATSOEVER no four sided pyramid ships.

I think you wanted to say "no four sided pyramid motherships instead.

quote:
In Descent, the schamatic diagram of the Ha'tak had 4 sides, but the actual ship has 3. Never in tghe history of SG-1 have we seen a 4 sided Goa'uld mothership.

Well, sure, the triangle based pyramids with the sort of a ring that surrounds them have four faces (3 sides + the triangle base). But the question in fact is what are the Ha'tak and Cheops ?
I also remember the yellowish diagram you're talking about. Some time ago I was plannign to start some kind of blueprint of the ships and I was quite glad to see that but I wish I could have taken many shost. Now I think that there weren't that much information revealed, but along the dialogue, we still could locate various important rooms of the ship.

quote:
I cant remember in what episodes, but they refer to it as Hatak all the time. Most recent of which being The Other Guys.

Noted.

quote:
SG-1 Official Showtime Site

1. I can't have access to this site.
2. Official aren't reliable. This is the case for ALIEN and Star Wars. I think that the official site for stargate isn't even recognized as canon.

quote:
That and Teal'c doesnt really know all that much about Goa'uld tech.

Only about the newest tech.

quote:
The Apophis Super mothership (henceforth dubbed "Cheops" by myself, name procured from Official Site) is the only really different ship EVER. And since no ship is ever called Cheops, it seems certain that the Apophis SuperMothership was indeed a Cheops.

Makes sense. Then, wasn't there another name given to the experimental mothership (seen in Upgrades) with a ring surrounding it which was destroyed before it was even finished ?

quote:

Hmm methinks that ha'tak is not a class, rather a word that means: Mother Ship, tak meaning ship ie Peltak Teltac etc... However the goa'uld do have four sided and three sided, u can tell by the base of the pyramid eg in Pretense the two ships the Tollan dispensed had square bases, a triangular prism cannot have a square base otherwise it wouldn't be able to be what it is, and the anubis ha'tak are the coolest coz they have spunky colour instead of plain old Gold...

Well, if D?W?R is right, then Ha'tak would refer to a type of ship, which its MKI, known as the classic four sided pyramid, is able to land on gizeh-like pyramids, and its MKII can't, thus it's more orbital.
I dunno. Just thinking. Again, we have to be sure that in season2 Teal'c was clearly describing the nature of the ship and was pointing to a ship. I can't verify that myself since I don't have the possibility to do so.
Or maybe Ha'tak is just a kind of multi purpose ships, like some kind of Star Destroyer you know...

Various questions now :

1. What is the Pel'tak or Peltak or Pel'tac or Peltac ? Any pics ?

2. Do landers (seen in Last Stand I think and piloted by Tanith before he was... blasted by a heavy staff) have a technical name ?

3. I also heard that three sided ships could land on four sided classical ships. Is that true ? Did I miss an episode ?
My major problem with that is given the size of three sided Goa'uld ships, if such ships do have a void to be able to plug onto the top of other ships, then how can we make the deckplan we saw on the hologram or whatever display it was fit within the structure of those three sided ships ?
I have a few pics of both Tel'tak and three sided pyramids flying together, and without the somewhat circular structure, the three sided pyramid itself isn't very big at all.

4. Btw R?'s four sided ship seems to be way bigger than the three four-sided pyramids we saw being blasted by an asgard ship hovering above them. To know that, just compare the size of the death gliders coming out from R?'s ship and the size of the people seen in Thor's Chariot.

5. I read that there were two type of Tel'tak because of differencies in their bridge. Any more precisions on that ?

6. What are the exact differencies between the Tel'tak and the Tok'ra's scout ships (seems to be modified Tel'taks) ?

Last edited by Mister Oragahn on 12-06-2002 at 09:54 PM

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-06-2002 09:00 PM
Mister Oragahn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mister Oragahn Click here to Send Mister Oragahn a Private Message Find more posts by Mister Oragahn Add Mister Oragahn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

This is all prevalent on the assumption that the Goa'uld hold these ships to our concept of what a ship class is. Hell, even us humans on Earth haven't always done the "name the model of ship after the first one that gets launched". Various warship classes are identified merely by their Type number, not any particular name.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 12-06-2002 09:54 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

this thread is stupid

quote:
What is the Pel'tak or Peltak or Pel'tac or Peltac ? Any pics ?

This is the bridge of the ship. It's the one the goa'uld normally sits in on his throne, while there are a couple of jaffa standing at a view screen near the front with a control console infront of them.

Old Post 12-06-2002 10:48 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

this thread is stupid
So don't post here. You have one hell of a wierd sig.

1. What is the Pel'tak or Peltak or Pel'tac or Peltac ? Any pics ?
Peltak is the bridge of the ship. It consists of a golden platform with a touch pad, and a shelf above it with another. When the Peltak is activated, the sides of it move upwards to house the main platform.

The waepons Peltak is just behind the main one, and consists of two tranparent blue dishes rotating on top of a sensor, on either side of a console of buttons.

(seen in Last Stand I think and piloted by Tanith before he was... blasted by a heavy staff)
Tanith wasn't in Last Stand. The ep ure thinking of is 48 Hours, and that ship was an Alkesh. They dont land on pyramids, too small.

I also heard that three sided ships could land on four sided classical ships. Is that true ? Did I miss an episode ?
No Ha'tak has ever landed on a pyramid.

R?'s
R??

I read that there were two type of Tel'tak because of differencies in their bridge. Any more precisions on that ?
Yes I wrote all about it in another thread, ill try to link it later.

. What are the exact differencies between the Tel'tak and the Tok'ra's scout ships (seems to be modified Tel'taks) ?
Dunno.

Old Post 12-07-2002 12:26 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mister Oragahn

Thanks ?okar for your replies.

Err... btw, what do you mean by the quote about Ra ?

Old Post 12-07-2002 01:19 AM
Mister Oragahn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mister Oragahn Click here to Send Mister Oragahn a Private Message Find more posts by Mister Oragahn Add Mister Oragahn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

The funny

Old Post 12-07-2002 02:06 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mister Oragahn

Da mistake from me.

Anyway, don't you agree that Ra's four sided pyramid was bigger than the ones seen in Thor's Chariot ?

Oh, btw, when I was refering to Last Stand, it was about the Landers. I know, I messed a bit the things with the ( ), but... hey.

Old Post 12-07-2002 12:34 PM
HerbieZ

Someone want to explain ship classes to me cos if Ra was THE god then how come he only had one ship at Abydos.

Old Post 12-08-2002 08:22 PM
HerbieZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HerbieZ Click here to Send HerbieZ a Private Message Visit HerbieZ's homepage! Find more posts by HerbieZ Add HerbieZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Well, he couldnt exactly chop himself into 5 pieces and use one ship to fly his arm there, another for his leg, another for his head etc.

Old Post 12-08-2002 08:30 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

quote:
Originally posted by HerbieZ
Someone want to explain ship classes to me cos if Ra was THE god then how come he only had one ship at Abydos.

He was dropping in to snag some naq and scare the locals, not a full-fledged invasion of the planet. The world was already his for the taking. No need to bring backup on what was essentially a trot down to the corner market for a cookie and glance at the evening paper.

Come to think of it, Jack and Daniel sure gave him one hell of a mugging.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 12-08-2002 09:18 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mister Oragahn

Ra didn't except such a resistance.
Btw, I think that his ships is the biggest four sided pyramid-ship ever seen in the Stargate universe (after a comparison of the ones seen in the episode Thor's Chariot).

Old Post 12-09-2002 12:41 AM
HerbieZ

Well why didn't he frigging call for back-up if he knew he was dead.

Old Post 12-09-2002 05:42 AM
HerbieZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HerbieZ Click here to Send HerbieZ a Private Message Visit HerbieZ's homepage! Find more posts by HerbieZ Add HerbieZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

The ones in Thors Chariot were just landing pads for ships, I never wanted to believe it but im afriad they were.

Old Post 12-09-2002 07:28 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Well why didn't he frigging call for back-up if he knew he was dead.
What's the point of doing that?
1. He would have been dead anyway.
2. The assailants would have been long gone.

Ras ship was smaller than Apophis' Supermothership (Cheops)

Old Post 12-09-2002 10:13 AM
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Yes, u see the copmarison of it and a normal ha'tak when he drops out of hyperspace in the vorash system, and the ones in thors chariot were three sided which is strange considering all over ha'tak are four sided.

Old Post 12-09-2002 11:59 PM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote