Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > tech chart(spoilers everywhere at least up til season six)
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

Well, a that's the one from the Enkaran planet. But then there's no way to say wheter or not they'll survive. And we'll probably never know for sure, since it's kinda hard to communicate with the non-carbon based species... Anyhow, since they where at least 5-8000 years ahead of the Tauri I would've put them in the first or second group.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-05-2002 04:08 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

i thought you said it was 'spirtually' based? we don't know anything about them, only the glimpse we got of their ship and from the human guy they made. We know they're technologicly advanced but we know nothing of their personality, thoughts beliefs etc.

Old Post 12-05-2002 04:41 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mister Oragahn

quote:
Originally posted by 320rwekfpl
Well, a that's the one from the Enkaran planet. But then there's no way to say wheter or not they'll survive. And we'll probably never know for sure, since it's kinda hard to communicate with the non-carbon based species...

Mmh... well, let's see. Humans could virtually live on the moon if they build appropriate bases, and yet the moon has no liveable biosphere by our standards. We can also live in orbiting station and yet space is absolutely deadly for us.
We have the technology to live on other worlds like the moon.

Now, the Gadmeer are thousand years more advanced than us.
They searched for a planet that would exactly correspond to more than 5000 necessary requirements.
They're terraforming a planet. It would be nonsense to suppose that their terraforming technology is flawed.
And even if the planet they terraformed doesn't match by 100% what they needed, they still have the knowledge and technology to build such a ship like the arch, to they still could build ecospheres and things like that if they really need to do so.

I'm 100% sure that they will live and prosper.

Old Post 12-05-2002 05:24 PM
Mister Oragahn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mister Oragahn Click here to Send Mister Oragahn a Private Message Find more posts by Mister Oragahn Add Mister Oragahn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

quote:
since it's kinda hard to communicate with the non-carbon based species...
Hmm, aside from this being wild speculation i must say this: U know this how??? Perhaps the Gadmir are capable of telepathic communication, perhaps not, but they were able to learn how to communicate with the tauri pretty quick didn't they? And the Gadmir may not survive, when the first generation are born they will be children, eventually they will learn how to use their old technology, but one faction might learn faster then the other, the faster faction may eventually take over and end up using their technology to wipe out themselves, therefore their chances of survival are reduced by the fact that there will be no one around to tell them what is right or wrong
In summary, the Gadmir may not survive, it is completely unknown.

Old Post 12-06-2002 12:02 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

?nubis: Since they don't seem to leave their planet much. That was the assumption I made. They endanger themselves a lot more than the Tauri when they go out in space(in the Stargate Universe at least). Most planets does only support carbon-based life. And in our atmosphere there's are highly toxic and such things. It's to complicated to make contact with other species for them I would say... I mean, they didn't even colonize a single planet before they were forced to...

Dr. Taz: Ok. Second. They seem to fit that description at least. We got to know a lot more of their culture than we have of any other culture save the Nox/Asgard/Gou'ald cultures. Look at the episode again, please... Anyway it doesn't seem like they were dependent on their bodies to survive. But we don't know. I could've been on last desperate thing to do... Anyway. I would've at least put them on par with the Asgard, the difference that they are non-violent.

Old Post 12-06-2002 04:26 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Anubis, it's more or less implied that it would be hard to communicate with them in the episode when they made a human to talk to SG-1. And it would be hard to communicate with any species where it's natural envoirment is poisonous to you and vice versa.

Also, kinda hard does not equal impossible.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-06-2002 08:59 AM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

you're only speculating and we don't know if they're not that violent. they were willing to wipe out the enkarrans remember. they could've been civil with SG-1 cos they figured there was nothing SG-1 could do anyway and might aswell just make someone to talk to them to find out what they're like. they could have been deceiving them into false securities. we klnow nothing about them for definate so you don't know where to put them in your chart thing.

Old Post 12-06-2002 09:57 AM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

Dr Taz: You're wrong and you know it. The Gadmeer didn't know that the Enkarans were on the planet until it was to late to stop the terraforming. That does not equal genocide.
Besides it would be kinda hard to develop a civilisation without hierarchial command structure if your species has a fetish for violence. So you're just speculating too. According to the "Guilty til proven innocene"-principle.

Old Post 12-06-2002 10:14 AM
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

quote:
Originally posted by 320rwekfpl
Besides it would be kinda hard to develop a civilisation without hierarchial command structure if your species has a fetish for violence. So you're just speculating too. According to the "Guilty til proven innocene"-principle.

one word. Goa'uld.

and i said i was speculating hence the word 'could'.

Old Post 12-07-2002 11:53 AM
Mister Oragahn

Well, dr.taz, you put some coulds in various sentences of your message, but the first sentence "they were willing to wipe out the enkarrans remember." showed no supposition at all but rather a fact. That's probably why 320 has been arguing... I guess...

Old Post 12-07-2002 12:38 PM
Mister Oragahn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mister Oragahn Click here to Send Mister Oragahn a Private Message Find more posts by Mister Oragahn Add Mister Oragahn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

what i was trying to say was that a more spirtually up there race might've been less willing to destroy an another race. They were never willing to compromise, i suppose they didn't really have a choice, but we don't know if they really cared or not.

Old Post 12-07-2002 04:33 PM
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Simmer down little dumplings, and communication is never impossible, if the gadmir can create a humanoid when they are insectoid that means they have experience with other types of life, on top of that they would have to had been able to communicate with the species who wiped them out, this other species by the way was also able to exist in a sulfur based atmosphere. And yes 320 is right, just because they would have killed them doesn't mean they actually wanted to kill them (them being the enkarrans)

Old Post 12-08-2002 12:55 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mister Oragahn

quote:
Originally posted by dr.taz
what i was trying to say was that a more spirtually up there race might've been less willing to destroy an another race. They were never willing to compromise, i suppose they didn't really have a choice, but we don't know if they really cared or not.

Well, they still prefered to sacrifice the Ekara... Ekrata... Eraket... the guys on the planet rather than sacrifice themselves.

Old Post 12-09-2002 12:39 AM
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

MO: Wasn't it stated that the process was irreverseble? They started before they knew that Enkarans were there. Anyhow, they were willing to listen to reason...

And yes. There would have to be a lot of fighting over the sulfur based atmosphereplanets since... Well let me put it this way... There doesn't seem to be a lot of them. But we don't know... Anyway. Most planets in the universe seems to be gas giants(discovered hundreds of them). Of those that are made of solid rock, the major part seem to have carbon-dioxide atmoshpere(Mars, Mercury and Venus), none yet proven to have a sulfur-based atmosphere, one proven to have a nitrogen-oxygen-mix(Earth) and two methane-based(Titan and Pluto)(of course I know that Titan is a moon of Saturn). Even if this isn't statistically correct, the case for a sulfur-based atmosphere seem to not be good. That was just what I was thinking...

Last edited by 320rwekfpl on 12-09-2002 at 04:22 AM

Old Post 12-09-2002 04:19 AM
HerbieZ

I think that thing in that temple with the crystal skull was an ancient.

Old Post 12-09-2002 05:37 AM
HerbieZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HerbieZ Click here to Send HerbieZ a Private Message Visit HerbieZ's homepage! Find more posts by HerbieZ Add HerbieZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote