Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > 2010 theory (spoliers)
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
The Ash Man

2010 theory (spoliers)

THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE EPPY 2010 (and maybe 2001) READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

ok, so i saw 2010 at long last today, and was impressed.

but, it got me thinking about the theory of the good ol' parrelel universe malarkey.

so, what if SG-1 travelled forward in time (via solar flare or other type of wotsit) and then went through the parrelel universe mirror (forgot the proper term for it)?

would a universe exist where a small group of rebels are fighting the aschen? in this universe, the team have all been killed sending the note, but, as the fork in the road stuff happens, would that time line still exist, where frasier, joe and whoever else are fighting the aschen the "old fashioned way"?

this would make a pretty cool eppy, but would be far fetched that the team would go forward in time, and to a parrelel universe in the same eppy.

hmmm... i think i've just gone and confused myself

so, what y'all think?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-28-2001 01:29 AM
The Ash Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Ash Man Click here to Send The Ash Man a Private Message Find more posts by The Ash Man Add The Ash Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

Oooohhhhh, theoretical idea sounds cool.
Couldn't quite happen that way because something happened to the mirror. Read at your own risk...

Spoiler:
The mirror was ordered to be destroyed by Hammond in a episode. The one where the sam and kawalski come from the other demension.

You pobibly wouldn't have to go into the future to go to another diminsion though. Lets remember that in "There but for the Grace of God" Daniel went to another dimension that was under attack by the Goa'uld. This was a few days or weeks before anything happened on earth. So that being said, you could no doubt find a dimension that is fighting the ashen now or already had the events of "2010."

quote:
would a universe exist where a small group of rebels are fighting the aschen? in this universe, the team have all been killed sending the note, but, as the fork in the road stuff happens, would that time line still exist, where frasier, joe and whoever else are fighting the aschen the "old fashioned way"?

No doubt. For every action or decision another dimension exsists where you did the opposite. So one could exsist where the note never went through or it was disregarded when it was recieved on the other side in '01 so the events happened in "2010" didn't change anything in that dimension so, as you said, Joe and Janet maybe fighting for the human race.

Thanks for this thread ash, I love to talk theoretical stuff like alternate universes. That is untill I meet up with some one who knows more about it than I do.

Last edited by Lee on 11-28-2001 at 01:54 AM

Old Post 11-28-2001 01:51 AM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

How about... (this is gonna be really bizarre) the Aschen *are* the Goa'uld. Say they're fighting a terminal disease they haven't yet figured out how to cure, and they hit on the idea of using a ymbote, only it won't have a s much control as a Goa'uld but will enhance healing and stuff). So they go ahead, and turns out the symbiote is *worse* than the Goa'uld but they don't realise, so a lot of others get impanted, and then the Aschen becomes the Goa'uld, cept they don't realise, and y'know, try to take over the galaxy, and kinda blow up Earth, so that all is left is a primitive settlement. Then, the people on Earth evolve to become the SGC, and the Ashcen the Goa'ud...

Old Post 11-28-2001 06:36 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

Ash Man that is an interesting idea. You should write a fanfic.

Old Post 11-28-2001 02:16 PM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Couldn't quite happen that way because something happened to the mirror. Read at your own risk...

I won't post what was in the spoiler, and will try to write around it... but, we were only told of this, we did not see it happen, therefore the writers could say that Hammond changed his mind, or was ordered not to.

quote:
Originally posted by Lee
You pobibly wouldn't have to go into the future to go to another diminsion though. Lets remember that in "There but for the Grace of God" Daniel went to another dimension that was under attack by the Goa'uld. This was a few days or weeks before anything happened on earth. So that being said, you could no doubt find a dimension that is fighting the ashen now or already had the events of "2010."

Yes, but i mean that it would carry on the story from 2010, and allow SG-1 to use their experiances from 2001. in short, two sequels in one episode

quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Thanks for this thread ash

no problem, i aim to please

quote:
Originally posted by JoJo
Ash Man that is an interesting idea. You should write a fanfic.

thanks, i was thinking about it, but as i'm already writing one, i'll probably leave it until i've finished my current fic.

Old Post 11-29-2001 01:36 AM
The Ash Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Ash Man Click here to Send The Ash Man a Private Message Find more posts by The Ash Man Add The Ash Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

quote:
but, we were only told of this, we did not see it happen, therefore the writers could say that Hammond changed his mind, or was ordered not to.

AAAHHH, good point. Your starting to sound like a writer ash!

quote:
Yes, but i mean that it would carry on the story from 2010, and allow SG-1 to use their experiances from 2001. in short, two sequels in one episode

I see what your saying but couldn't you find a alternate universe that is taking off where "2010" left off, or am I still not getting it?

Old Post 11-29-2001 01:44 AM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

quote:
Originally posted by Lee

AAAHHH, good point. Your starting to sound like a writer ash!

I am (or will be... or am... depends which way you look at it )

quote:
Originally posted by Lee
I see what your saying but couldn't you find a alternate universe that is taking off where "2010" left off, or am I still not getting it?

i think you're still not getting it, so i'll write down a brief synopsis (or blurb) of an eppy which could be about this (takes large amounts of caffine)...

THIS IS A WARNING: FAR FETCHED PLOT OUTLINE AHEAD!!!
. (this also contains spoilers for the eppy Point of View)

Okay, so SG-1 are dispatched through that mirror type thingy to the alternate universe from Point of View, to find out how things are going. But they end up in a different reality, they go off-world for some reason, and get sling-shotted forward in time, to 2010.
They arrive in the middle of a fire-fight between the human resistance (led by Joe, Frasier and Walter - gotta have the guy in there ) and the Aschen.
SG-1 lend a hand, and go back to the resistance camp where they are told of the events in 2010, they also learn that as the stargate is under aschen control, they can't return home unless they help the resistance free earth of the aschen, and, as SG-1 are helpful little souls they are only too pleased to do so.

So, that'd be a basic plot outline... although i'm too tired to figure out the mechanics behind it, and, as there's no point, i don't think i'll bother

Last edited by The Ash Man on 11-29-2001 at 02:04 AM

Old Post 11-29-2001 01:56 AM
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

OK, I get it. I have some ideas but am going to keep my mouth shut before everyone thinks I'm a complete idiot. Woops, too late.

Old Post 11-29-2001 02:02 AM
The Ash Man

LOL lee, do tell

Old Post 11-29-2001 02:03 AM
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

quote:
LOL lee, do tell

Ok, but you asked...
I think you still could use your idea, but with out going to the future by using the gate. In other words, finding a alternate universe going on in the time period, and events you want to use with out going through the mirror and then the gate as well. Going to an alternate universe in the future, about 9 or so years. Man, I'm going to be misunderstood again...

Old Post 11-29-2001 02:11 AM
president doc

basically, you go into an alternate universe where events happen to be about 10 years ahead of our own.

Old Post 11-29-2001 05:44 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

yeah doc, i got what lee meant, just that i was talking about them going forward, to follow on what we saw in 2010... it was just a theory.

Old Post 11-29-2001 06:52 PM
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Inadvisable. To travel through time and into a parallel universe would separate us too far from familiar territory. In other words, who'd care what happens in an alternate reality in the future?it isn't our world, after all...There would be a definite lack of emotional attachment because we would know that even if that world turned into a big ball of flame, there would be another world (our "real" one) that will be all fine and dandy.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 11-29-2001 11:20 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

not a fan fic but put into the rpg

but then that would be a spoiler for some of the players

Old Post 11-30-2001 02:38 AM
DEATH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEATH Click here to Send DEATH a Private Message Find more posts by DEATH Add DEATH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

quote:
Originally posted by Rhydderch Hael
Inadvisable. To travel through time and into a parallel universe would separate us too far from familiar territory. In other words, who'd care what happens in an alternate reality in the future?it isn't our world, after all...There would be a definite lack of emotional attachment because we would know that even if that world turned into a big ball of flame, there would be another world (our "real" one) that will be all fine and dandy.

But I care about other worlds that the team visits. I don't want anything bad to happen to them unless they deserve it. Ofcoarse I do care more about our world than theirs though.

Old Post 12-09-2001 01:02 AM