Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > A few ideas/theories - And a hello :)
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Anudist
*nuked*

Exclamation A few ideas/theories - And a hello :)

**POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW DRAWING ON EPISODES ALL THE WAY TILL FROZEN, READ IF YOU WISH**

The Hello Part

I'm somewhat of an obsessed (its true) Stargate fan, but fairly new on the stargate online community. I have peeked at forums from time to time but never made myself known. I must say sorry in advance if I raise any points here that have been raised by others before, altho I did check pretty thoroughly

The confusing DHD part

This could be a loophole in the show or it coule be a part of the show yet to be explained. I'll try to explain this without confusion. In one episode we see Jack creating a device with the aid of the Ancients knowledge so he can dial direct to the Asgard homeworld. And in turn he is sent home thru their gate. How is this possible?

We know that an 8th Chevron is used as a "dialing code" to allow the stargate to locate another Gate in another Galaxy, thats cool. But isn't each Chevron a depiction of a constalation, and 6 chevrons/constelations are used to locate a single point which is connected to via the point of orgin otherwise known as the 7th chevron. Well wouldnt the constelations be different in a distant Galaxy? So we would in fact need another set of unique chevrons to create another Gate network?

Obviously Earths DHD must have 6 Chevrons unique to the Asgard home Galaxy and vice versa, but it's impossible for the Asgard DHD's to be able to dial to all the Gates in our Galaxies networks because it would make it impossible for them to maintain a network in their own Galaxy. (as they need as many unique chevrons as possible for their own network) Which makes me think that there is an important link between the Asgard homeworld and Earth, adding more strength to the theory that the Ancients are in fact humans.

As for the 9th Chevron, that baffles me I'm guessing it's another distance calculation to travel to yet another Galaxy.

The Atlantis Bit

I know this has been discussed a lot, but what I dont know is whether it was proposed that the Antarctic is actually the frozen land of Atlantis. And that the Gate found there and also the woman in "Frozen" - who is assumed to be an Ancient - may actually be the first of the soon to be discovered frozen world of the Ancients. With perhaps thousands or millions more Ancients buried deep beneath the ice along with their technology and cities. We already know the gate found there was possibly the oldest and therefore first Gate built. The disease the Ancient carried may also be a disease all the Ancients had before they moved on. Some may have beaten the disease and evolved onto another plane of existance like the being who inhabits keb. Some created the time machine in order to avert their races disaster as we saw in an episode that I cant remember the name of! And also the 9th Chevron may indeed be another distance calculation that leads to another Galaxy where the surviving Ancients now reside.

The Lord Yu bit

I remember reading an interview with someone in the SG-1 Production team claiming that Lord Yu would have some big roles to play in season 6. Now call me mad but I think he is going to defect. We have already seen signs of his disapproval of the System Lords and indeed the Goa'uld way. He was the only one to reject the request of Osiris to be part of the system lords, and later began battling direct with hers and therfore Anubis's fleet. Also let's not forget his unusual treatment of Teal'c. He let Teal'c live and gave him pretty much enough time to escape with the rebel Jaffa. Surely the more evil Goa'uld method would be to tell Teal'c about the coming attack on the rebels and also about the rebel leader actually being a Goa'uld then simply proclaim the Goa'uld as a superior race and execute Teal'c? I deffinatly think there is more going on with Lord Yu than meets the eye. If he doesn't defect I certainly think he may offer a temporary alliance to Earth or something along those lines. I think that would be pretty interesting.

Anyway, let me know what you think, add your own ideas and explain away mine. Print this stuff off people it will make interesting toilet reading!

Last edited by Anudist on 07-12-2002 at 03:47 PM

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 07-12-2002 02:10 PM
Anudist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anudist Click here to Send Anudist a Private Message Find more posts by Anudist Add Anudist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhemagirl
bendecida

How long did it take to type all that?

Interesting theory about Lord Yu! Would be pretty fun if it happened!

Aiya elenion ancalima!

Old Post 07-12-2002 02:17 PM
rhemagirl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rhemagirl Click here to Send rhemagirl a Private Message Visit rhemagirl's homepage! Find more posts by rhemagirl Add rhemagirl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anudist
*nuked*

I must admit my hands are deffinatly not going to recover after typing so much. I found it difficult to stop once started

The lord Yu part is just a wild guess, I just wondered what a lot of Yu thought *chuckle*

Old Post 07-12-2002 02:26 PM
Anudist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anudist Click here to Send Anudist a Private Message Find more posts by Anudist Add Anudist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhemagirl
bendecida

Welcome welcome. I am kinda new here too! Haven't loads of time to post. Actually have a life. Hee hee!

Aiya elenion ancalima!

Old Post 07-12-2002 02:44 PM
rhemagirl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rhemagirl Click here to Send rhemagirl a Private Message Visit rhemagirl's homepage! Find more posts by rhemagirl Add rhemagirl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anudist
*nuked*

Oh I have a life trust me, I do however make the time to follow the show and dont mind making the time to voice a few ideas.

Besides, it only takes about a minute more to write than it does to read :P

Old Post 07-12-2002 02:56 PM
rhemagirl
bendecida

True-But you have only posted 3 times! I don't know how these people that like join and in a few weeks have posted hundreds do it! I have research to do and ugh-responsibilites!

Aiya elenion ancalima!

Old Post 07-12-2002 02:59 PM
Venus

Hi, welcome etc.

Firstly, please watch spoiler warnings: if you're talking about eps from Season 6 some people haven't seen it, so please say before hand you're gonna go on about Season 6, and which ep.

Secondly, I'm not the most sciency person evar, so forgive me for not reading through your DHD para without intense concentration , but there might be some threads around at the bottom of indepth discussion or something that help? Though yes, did read that you'd looked, just thought I'd mention it.

Thirdly, I'll wait a while and see if any scientific (or speculative) discussion blossoms before interrogating you and stuff.

Old Post 07-12-2002 03:02 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent

Welcome and hello! I'm not real new here, just haven't posted much.... But I read the forums a lot, and am really into SG head one now that Season 6 is underway, it's so much fun!

I'll try to answer your questions as best as I know:

CONTAINS SPOILERS BELOW

DHD Stuff

Jack doesn't create a Dialing Device, all he creates is a Power Generator that is powerfull enough to power our stargate to dial out to another galaxy. Remember, a DHD powers a stargate, and normally this would be enough power to dial that eith chevron to another galaxy. But we don't have a DHD, we are pulling from a nuclear reactor with our own Dialing computer. It just isn't powerfull enough to dial out to another galaxy. With all the knowledge Jack had in his brain he was 'compelled' to dial the Asguard home world cause in the back of his brain he knew only they could help him, so with the knowledge he had he constructed the power generator they needed.

Who's to say the constellations aren't stored in the stargate already? This area is grey for me too actually. In a different galaxy yes the constellations would be different. Maybe by locking in the eigth chevron tells the gate to translate the cooridinates into the other galaxy's cooridinats without us actually see that happening, something internal. ???? That's my best guess with what I know

I think of it kinda like this, there are x amount of worlds we can go to in our galaxy with the 7 cheverons. When you enabled the 8th cheveron there is x more worlds you can go to in another galaxy.

The 9th cheveron, who knows. Another galaxy? or another Set of Galaxys? Maybe even farther. And within each galaxy is a set of worlds you can go to with the gate.

I'd like to learn more about it myself.

Atlantis

They NEVER mentioned in Frozen that Antartica could be the frozen Atlantis. I wish they had though, they theorized about everything else, why not that lol. I was waiting for them to say it, but they never did I totally agree with your other theories here as well. We are definitely related to the Ancients in some major way.

Lord Yu

I love your theories about Lord Yu! Would be awesome to have an alliance with him helping to fight Anubis.

Last edited by Brent on 07-12-2002 at 03:06 PM

Old Post 07-12-2002 03:04 PM
Brent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent Click here to Send Brent a Private Message Visit Brent's homepage! Find more posts by Brent Add Brent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anudist
*nuked*

Venus apologies for the possible spoilers. The majority of people I have seen on the board are US/Canadian thefore way ahead of UK Stargate airings. My posts were aimed at people who were up to date with the series. I'll edit that to warn those who arent

Brent I realise Jack never created a DHD, but I'm 99% sure once he created the device and placed it in the power core of the mountain the gate began to dial itself? I like your explanations of how the Chevrons could have multiple destinations based on which "area code" is used. Then again perhaps the Asgard Gate is the only one in their Galaxy?

Old Post 07-12-2002 03:45 PM
Brent

quote:
Originally posted by Anudist
Brent I realise Jack never created a DHD, but I'm 99% sure once he created the device and placed it in the power core of the mountain the gate began to dial itself? I like your explanations of how the Chevrons could have multiple destinations based on which "area code" is used. Then again perhaps the Asgard Gate is the only one in their Galaxy?

I'm not quite sure, i'll have to watch that episode again when I get home and see how it actually dials when he does that.

Maybe that gate is the only one in the asgard galaxy, who knows. You would think the Asgard might put more througout their galaxy to get to where they wanted to go faster, a stargate will get you there faster then a ship would. It's just a big unknown, we know so little about it.

Old Post 07-12-2002 03:49 PM
Brent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent Click here to Send Brent a Private Message Visit Brent's homepage! Find more posts by Brent Add Brent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Regards the DHD, there is no problem with him being sent back. If it takes 8 chevrons of 39 glyphs to dial out, it can take 8 chevrons of 39 glyphs to dial back? Where's the problem in that?

Old Post 07-12-2002 03:50 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anudist
*nuked*

Bose: It's not so much how he got there and back, that was explained in the ep. What I'm saying is that there appears to be a gate network in Thors Galaxy and one in ours.

Remember 6 glyph/constelations to locate a single point in the middle of those constelations and a 7th glyph as a point of origin. And an 8th to get to the new Galaxy. New Galaxy = New Constelations and the need for new Glyph's to represent them.

Old Post 07-12-2002 04:09 PM
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

They're all the same network, just different parts.

Old Post 07-12-2002 04:54 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Please let us not get into the glyph debate let us just say that its all magical and nice and fun and let us relax and pretend it all makes sense and isnt a blooper.
Let us all believe that they do find a point in 3d space using 6 constellations and a point of origin and let us believe constellations are the same across the universe no matter where you are.

Old Post 07-12-2002 05:23 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otis
Egyptaholic

Welcome! I too agree with your ideas about Yu. But I think that Yu, who has already voiced his displeasure against Anubis and the Anubis System Lords glee club, is simply looking for short-term allies. From the beginning we heard that Yu was the most impartial of the System Lords because he had no connection with worlds in this part of the Galaxy. He does show a duality with goodness that is lacking in all the others.

Old Post 07-12-2002 05:26 PM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote