Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Ages of the Chraracters.
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Ages of the Characters.

Simply put, what do you guess the ages of the characters of SG-1 to be. This doesn't neccessarily mean the actors' ages, who may very well be playing a charcter much older or younger than themselves.

We have some definite clues to certain character's ages. Daniel was a certain age when his parents (at least one set of them) were killed. And he said something about being a certain age in 1969. Teal'c clearly states his age in "The Light" (eighty-something years old). But what about Jack, Sam, Hammond, Doc Frasier, Walter, Siler, Major Davis, etc?

One would have to consider physical appearance and their military rank (there's no such thing as a 25-year old Major. Is there?). So, what are your best estimated ages of:

Colonel Jack O'Neill:
Major Sam Carter:
Major General Hammond:
Doctor Frasier (what rank does she hold?):
MSgt. Walter Davis:
Sergeant Siler:
Major Davis:
Jacob Carter:
...and anyone else you're interested in.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Last edited by Rhydderch Hael on 03-29-2002 at 03:05 AM

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 03-28-2002 11:06 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

Colonel Jack O'Neill: Old, no, 50
Major Sam Carter: 30
Major General Hammond: 54
Doctor Frasier (Doctor): 32

Old Post 03-28-2002 11:17 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Re: Ages of the Chraracters.

quote:
Originally posted by Rhydderch Hael

Colonel Jack O'Neill: 45-50
Major Sam Carter: 32
Major General Hammond: 52
Doctor (Major) Frasier: 35

+ 4 Premed
+ 4 Med School
+ 3 Residency
------
29 Basic Minimum

MSgt. Walter Davis: 37-40
Sergeant Siler: 30
Jacob Carter: 55-60

2LT Haley: 21 or 22

Considering a Major would require at least a 4-year degree, a rough minimum of about 5 years to make Major if he/she walked on water... Not likely.

No more George Armstrong Custer's these days...

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 03-28-2002 11:51 PM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

well thats says it all theres not much more left for us would you look at that they whole thing is answered in 3 posts thats good very good i' so proud of you

Old Post 03-29-2002 02:17 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CynVision
SF TV kid

four posts. I just put up the start of a table of the supposed character ages by season on my site.
http://www.cynvision.com/silverdreams/castages.asp

Teal'c states in "The Light" that he's forty-seven days from turning 102.

"Brief Candle" has Jack going on about how he's seen forty years. (He might be fudging, leaving out the forty-what part.)

Daniel gets a birthday of July 8, 1965 in some episode. In "1969" he states he'd be about four years of age.

I've seen someting about Sam Carter, but my note is lost somewhere.

Hammond said in "COTG" the SGC baby-sitting job was his last tour of duty. So, what age do you retire at after having a long AF career? How young do you have to be to be still running the place six years later?

Last edited by CynVision on 03-29-2002 at 02:51 AM

Old Post 03-29-2002 02:40 AM
CynVision is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CynVision Click here to Send CynVision a Private Message Visit CynVision's homepage! Find more posts by CynVision Add CynVision to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

wasn't he like 20 something in 1969 anyways?

Old Post 03-29-2002 03:16 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

i don't think that there is an age stop on desk jobs

Old Post 03-29-2002 03:16 AM
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

quote:
Originally posted by CynVision
Hammond said in "COTG" the SGC baby-sitting job was his last tour of duty. So, what age do you retire at after having a long AF career? How young do you have to be to be still running the place six years later?

According to a pretty good reference, Generals can be pretty open-ended... 60 is generally the mandatory retirement except in certain cases where it's 62.

The current Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff USAF General Richard B. Myers (Bio Page ) Entered Service in 1965... a current span of 37 years and making him roughly 57-60.

Couldn't find USAF info, but the US Army says most of it's officers retire after average 22 years at average 43 years (Enlisted: 22 years, 41 years old, SFC).

Mandatory Retirement (Whichever is later...)

Major General 35 Years 5 Years
Brigadier General 30 Years 5 Years
Colonels 28 Years 5 Years
Lieutenant Colonels 28 Years

Can't find info on Lieutenant Generals and Generals yet...

Some general answers to basic military questions: GENERAL INFO

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

Old Post 03-29-2002 03:41 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CynVision
SF TV kid

quote:
Originally posted by chameleon
wasn't he like 20 something in 1969 anyways?

Darn if that "1969" is one I don't have on tape! And if Jack said anything to that effect, I can't check

I think that got perpetuated by an incorrect service pin in a first or second season episode. Other military people I chatted with say that for him to be where he is in the series, it's not likely Jack would have been old enough in the 60's to have legally gone to Vietnam. He might have been almost old enough, but somehow the pin the nit pickers pick on has some term of service associated with it.

Old Post 03-29-2002 03:59 AM
CynVision is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CynVision Click here to Send CynVision a Private Message Visit CynVision's homepage! Find more posts by CynVision Add CynVision to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

i'm talking about hamond sorry

Old Post 03-29-2002 04:10 AM
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

quote:
Originally posted by CynVision

Darn if that "1969" is one I don't have on tape! And if Jack said anything to that effect, I can't check

I think that got perpetuated by an incorrect service pin in a first or second season episode. Other military people I chatted with say that for him to be where he is in the series, it's not likely Jack would have been old enough in the 60's to have legally gone to Vietnam. He might have been almost old enough, but somehow the pin the nit pickers pick on has some term of service associated with it.

You're right, he does have a Vietnam Service Ribbon, making him at least 17 (The youngest you can be in the US Military... legally) in, at the most recent, 1975 for the last US presense...

Minimum, he'd be...44.

If he went as an officer, 48.

Deathbunny's Ribbon Thingie

Old Post 03-29-2002 10:19 AM
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

jack-44
sam-36
daniel-32
teal'c-101
janet-40
hammond-60
jacob-60
walter-45
major davis-35
sgt siler-40
oh and janet is a major

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 03-29-2002 12:45 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoauldGods

yeah thanks for this puddykat its really helpful

Old Post 03-29-2002 01:04 PM
GoauldGods is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoauldGods Click here to Send GoauldGods a Private Message Visit GoauldGods's homepage! Find more posts by GoauldGods Add GoauldGods to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam K
Ice Queen

Actually, AT is 36 in real life, but I believe Sam is actually supposed to be around 34. There was a discussion of this on another site, of an episode where her birthday is shown written down on something.

Old Post 03-29-2002 03:47 PM
Sam K is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam K Click here to Send Sam K a Private Message Visit Sam K's homepage! Find more posts by Sam K Add Sam K to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

Jack said he was 40 years old in Brief Candle. But we could go back to the book (Stargate -1994) because Jack's age was mentioned in the book. He was 18 when he enlisted in the army. So if we know when he enlisted in the army then we may have his age. I don't think Jack went to Vietnam did he? He apparantly thought 1969 was a good year. I don't think he would have thought it to be great if he was sent to 'Nam.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 03-29-2002 05:11 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote