Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Fan Fiction > How many fanfic writers are on here?
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Blooded
God Of All Beings

How many fanfic writers are on here?

I am from the Trek BBS and found out about this site today and was curious as to how many fanfic writers have registered on here so far.

Also, how much fan-fiction used to get posted on the last BBS?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-21-2001 03:11 PM
Blooded is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blooded Click here to Send Blooded a Private Message Find more posts by Blooded Add Blooded to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

I don't think we had too much Fan-Fic before but it only takes one person to get an individual forum going. Perhaps you would honour us by posting one of your own fics if you have one.

Old Post 10-21-2001 03:15 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blooded
God Of All Beings

Well, I myself have not got any Stargate fan fics written yet but I am currently in the planning stage of one.

But i am finding it hard to decide whether to use the SG-1 characters or use my own.

Decisions Decisions.

Old Post 10-21-2001 03:35 PM
Blooded is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blooded Click here to Send Blooded a Private Message Find more posts by Blooded Add Blooded to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

What's this about registering?

I write fanfic, usually long and serious, but rarely post it on the net.

Old Post 10-21-2001 03:36 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blooded
God Of All Beings

Venus, why dont you post your fan fics on here? I enjoy posting Trek stories on the Trek BBS and I hope to do the same here.

Old Post 10-21-2001 03:39 PM
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

yeah Venus. We'd love to read them. Should post them here. if they're long, chapter by chapter.

Old Post 10-21-2001 03:47 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Well, they're not that long. 20 pages or so.

Old Post 10-21-2001 03:53 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Then post them up here and we'll have a read of them. We need to get the forums running with life again.

Old Post 10-21-2001 03:58 PM
Titan
Miaouw...grrrrr....purrrr

Cool

I don't write fanfic per se... but I am writing a Stargate novel which various people in the Ascifi forum get regular updates on. But since it's currently 37 chapters long.... I don't think I would post it...

It's a bit of a Frankenstein's monster really, I think about concluding it and then it spews out a few more chapters. And I do mean 'it', because it appears to write itself.

Old Post 10-21-2001 04:52 PM
Titan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Titan Click here to Send Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Titan Add Titan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry
A big honking space gun!

Hi I'm Nav on the TrekBBS the one that gave you the link to this site.

Old Post 10-21-2001 05:16 PM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

quote:
Originally posted by Barry

Eh? Whadaya mean by that Barry?

Titan, was what you were doing a kind of Roun Robin thing or your own work? Ever read any of Skips Chicken Fan Fics?

Old Post 10-21-2001 05:32 PM
Titan
Miaouw...grrrrr....purrrr

Cool

Not a round robin.... my own work... a novel. And yes.... Skippety's chicken fics regularly have me in stitches.... She is something else that lil lady... and doesn't think she has any talent, but she's loaded with it really. Very clever young lady!

She and I IM regularly....

Old Post 10-21-2001 05:40 PM
Titan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Titan Click here to Send Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Titan Add Titan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

I don't have a clue as to where the chicken thing started. I just remember that we were messing about with an idea on the Chappa'ai list called, "The Chicken that crossed the wormhole". Skip must have had the idea in her head way back then as well.

Old Post 10-21-2001 05:48 PM
Blooded
God Of All Beings

quote:
Originally posted by Barry

Hey Barry, thanks for the link.

Indiana, whats your ruling regarding non-Stargate fan fics being posted here because I have a Star Trek one which could help to get things started on here.

Old Post 10-21-2001 05:50 PM
Skip
VAE VICTIS

EEP! Already my name is mentioned in vain!

Titan! Indie! So odd to call you both that!

Yeah OK I write allegedly. Some of my sily stuff is up at the link in my profile and it's all my dire early stuff with a few attempted serious bits. Here

Woods and Vinum both are at Helio and the Stargate Novel Archive and Vinum's at Stargate Fan.

In fact, I don't have all of mine archived. Mostly just at Ascifi. If you folks want I can dig em out. Mainly Stargate, with one Voyager that you need to email me for and I do either humour or A/A H/C Angst stuff.

*Vinum got nommed for the SG FF awards 2001* Brag brag!

If you guys want I can post my past stuff if you ain't already read it. HAHAH who wants it LOL.

Hi to all yaz,
Skippity, Skippy, Skip Skip Skip!

Old Post 10-21-2001 05:54 PM
Skip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skip Click here to Send Skip a Private Message Visit Skip's homepage! Find more posts by Skip Add Skip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote