Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Eye of Ra (minor full circle spoiler)
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Roy
Speaker-Second Foundation

quote:
Originally posted by Nekotime
From a brief googlism, I've basically identified that the Eye of Ra is a rather good looking piece of jewellery.

I think the idea of the "Eye of Ra" being jewelery is much more likely than the gong shaped thing that the Abydonians hung in their walled city. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be Catherine Langford's necklace.

I just don't think that Ra would let his super weapon be hung in the city of his slaves - especially if he's off planet. He'd have it at his disposal, at all times.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-29-2002 02:14 PM
Roy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Click here to Send Roy a Private Message Find more posts by Roy Add Roy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nekotime

From (very hazy) memory, wasn't Ra a touch on the arrogant side?

Would Ra be arrogant enough to think that he was the only one capable of using the super weapon, and therefore it didn't matter where it was, since he'd rarely need it (Ra believing he's that damn good) and even if someone found it, he was Ra, and only he was good enough to use it?

$
(speculating wildly)

Old Post 10-29-2002 10:34 PM
Nekotime is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nekotime Click here to Send Nekotime a Private Message Visit Nekotime's homepage! Find more posts by Nekotime Add Nekotime to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D?W?R
1st Prime of Apophis

I think that Catherine Langford's necklace.

is the key to the weapon "eye of ra"

and Ra lost it when he was run out of Egypt, Earth

at least I hope it is

and that the weapon is BIG

Old Post 10-30-2002 12:41 AM
D?W?R is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D?W?R Click here to Send D?W?R a Private Message Find more posts by D?W?R Add D?W?R to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

Agreed - and hey, whose to say Ra hadn't returned just to find out where he'd dropped the darn thing? hence blowing up the damn village? The Taur'i were just an excuse

The abydonians revered it as a sacred object - Ra putting the fear in them and all - maybe the village was the hiding place for it?

Old Post 10-30-2002 12:41 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy

quote:
Originally posted by dawar
I think that Catherine Langford's necklace is the key to the weapon "eye of ra"

Good speculation. That would be interesting!

Old Post 10-30-2002 02:02 PM
Roy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Click here to Send Roy a Private Message Find more posts by Roy Add Roy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

The necklace that Catherine Langford acquired was recovered at the same time the Stargate itself was excavated from Giza.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 10-30-2002 03:07 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy

Good point! I'm sure that there's some corelation. I also remember the intense look on Ra's face when he first saw it around Daniell's neck.

I still don't think that the 'gong' has anything to do with it though. It was most likely just a mystic idol designed for religious purposes. Wouldn't it have been funny though, if Ra's Jaffa went in blazzin their Deathglider cannon's at the city and accidentally hit the priceless gong weapon - blowing it to pieces?

Old Post 10-30-2002 08:18 PM
Mad

I was thinking that gong may have an inscription on it or it may have key to unlocking what-ever it was.

Old Post 10-30-2002 08:55 PM
Mad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad Click here to Send Mad a Private Message Find more posts by Mad Add Mad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D?W?R
1st Prime of Apophis

the gong is just a gong
ra has hundreds of them

they are just a symbol to mark his teritory

( hehe I can see it now Ra urinating on this land and all other goa'uld runing when they smell it )

its there in case some unwanted visitors visit Abydos. When they see the gong (sysmbol of Ra )they should get scared and run

but original sg-1 was not scared

Old Post 10-31-2002 05:36 PM
D?W?R is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D?W?R Click here to Send D?W?R a Private Message Find more posts by D?W?R Add D?W?R to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy

If it's Catherine's necklace, would it unlock something? If so, what? It couldn't have been on Ra's ship - kaboom! It's probably on Abydos, but Anubis can't know that humans have the key. What do you think?

Old Post 11-01-2002 02:55 PM
Jaffa, Kree!

I'm sure Anubis has ways of finding out these things. I'd actually be very surprised if that necklace makes it in to the episode - for one, i'm sure it got lost in the prop department aaaaages ago and two - it is much too obscure a reference (seen last in the film, no?) for people who haven't been watching from the beginning.

As a long time fan of the show, i would LOVE to see it being used again, but from a production level, i doubt it

Old Post 11-21-2002 03:53 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

The symbol on the necklace and the gong was actually the Eye of Horus. I know what they said but I am pretty sure that they are wrong about it.

Old Post 11-21-2002 04:23 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

Yea, i'm pretty sure too, if you read the thread...

Old Post 11-21-2002 04:28 AM
MajorCarter
Major Samantha Carter SG1

These are two pictures that I found of the Eye of Ra and the Eye of Horus:

Eye of Ra: http://www.madregrande.org/eyesm.gif
Eye of Horus: http://www.wsu.edu:8000/~dee/GRAPHI...S/EGYPT/EYE.GIF

(Just so people can see the difference).

DANIEL (stepping forward): Err?I do.
O?NEILL: Bad example.

Old Post 11-21-2002 05:10 AM
MajorCarter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorCarter Click here to Send MajorCarter a Private Message Find more posts by MajorCarter Add MajorCarter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mad

So the gong does look like the eye of Ra

Old Post 11-22-2002 12:52 AM
Mad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad Click here to Send Mad a Private Message Find more posts by Mad Add Mad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote