Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Anubis
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Anubis - how could a species not evolve?

And besides, evolution doesn;t have to do with what technology they have.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-30-2002 05:49 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Roy and Sokar - We know the sarcouphagus has long term effects mentally, it might do physically as well, and alter physiology (or either Goa'uld or host), which would eventually lead to some kind of evolution??

Old Post 10-30-2002 10:32 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy
Speaker-Second Foundation

I'm sure that the sarcauphagus could change physiology if it was designed to do so, however, I'm still pondering the idea of how the goa'uld got to their present form. The idea of simple evolution doesn't solve it since evolution's premise is that a previous evolutionary stage has INTELLIGENCE - knows what it needs in the next stage (why would a fish even need to develop legs to escape water - why not stay in the water and evolve). So, i'm wondering how the goa'uld's "chemistry" knew it needed naquida in it's blood.

I don't think that evolution had anything to do with that. They must have modified themselves - which implies that that wasn't the only thing they modified.

What do you think?

Old Post 10-30-2002 03:16 PM
Roy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Click here to Send Roy a Private Message Find more posts by Roy Add Roy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

I was talking to Anubis when i said the tech thing.

The sarcoghogus can lead to addiction which is a mental and physical dependency on a certain condition, so if it can alter you in one way, I think it would also be possible to do so in another if it was programmed to. It would provide certain advantages to them but I'm sure there are better ways for activation of a ribbon device.

But why am I debating, I agree with you. My last post was to Anubis' last post.

Old Post 10-30-2002 07:24 PM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

The goa'uld are not effected by addiction, they are affected by dependency :Serpents venom:

Old Post 10-31-2002 10:11 PM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Surely that's cause and effect? They're dependent on the sarc because they're addicted?

Old Post 11-01-2002 10:23 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy

quote:
Originally posted by _.:?nubis:._
The goa'uld are not effected by addiction, they are affected by dependency :Serpents venom:

I'm sure you're dying to have someone ask this... Please explain the difference, as you see it, between addiction and dependency.

Old Post 11-01-2002 05:31 PM
Roy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Click here to Send Roy a Private Message Find more posts by Roy Add Roy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Ignore it, there is no difference.

Old Post 11-02-2002 09:09 AM
*NUKED* *
Roy

quote:
Originally posted by Lord ?okar
Ignore it, there is no difference.

I agree. The same thing!

Old Post 11-04-2002 02:52 PM
Roy

There are couple of threads now relating to evolution, and it's really very interesting to think about Goa'uld evolution. My take, I think the Goa'uld, with naquada in their blood, we're originally 'created' by someone/thing. Then as the Goa'uld we're artificially 'evolved', they became smarter and smarter (with help) until they came to the point of... 'evolving' themselves. It seems logical. For example, I doubt that the Asgard are really 'evolving' naturally. They are artificially in control of their genetic future - according to their desires for themselves. Same with the Goa'uld.

Old Post 11-04-2002 03:07 PM
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

See, it depends on how u determine evolution, there is how a species uses energy: Class One-Class four, physically, mentally, or in the case of the asgard technologically, who nuked my post? i was trying to explain the difference to Roy and had u read my post before it was nuked u would know the difference.

Old Post 11-09-2002 02:18 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

i warned you that if you flamed in your post, the whole thing would be Nuked. its your own fault.

Old Post 11-09-2002 09:19 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

Evolution is the same to everyone. It's the advancement of a race in *any* way. even if they did do it themselves.

Old Post 11-09-2002 02:51 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote