Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Anubis
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

Location: USA!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!! I'm the biggest gater in NEW ENGLAND!

Anubis

What if Anubis is......

Apophis? The same host, Peter Williams as the actor.

ERIN

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 09-07-2002 04:43 PM
Erishian42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Erishian42 Click here to Send Erishian42 a Private Message Find more posts by Erishian42 Add Erishian42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

I would be shocked, since that host had a big giant spaceship crash on it and was at the epicentre of a thermonuclear explosion that was visible from space.

Old Post 09-07-2002 04:45 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

Yeah but Apophis seems to be able to die then come back, I mean he's done it a billion times!!! Couldn't he somehow, somewhere, he could have escaped. But who knows.

I'm just dying to know who Anubis really is!

ERIN

Old Post 09-07-2002 05:03 PM
Erishian42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Erishian42 Click here to Send Erishian42 a Private Message Find more posts by Erishian42 Add Erishian42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

maybe hes just anubis.. not a furling, not an asgaurd, not apophis and not the wizard of oz!
maybe just maybe!

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 09-07-2002 05:40 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Aha.. but we never saw apophis's flesh evaporate now did we?! hmm? I postulate that infact, the Apophis we saw was just a double like the many Sadaam husseins who walk around and swim in the rivers of Baghdad.
The real apophis was meanwhile consolidating power and is now ready to whoop some ass gard...AHAHAHAH

Old Post 09-07-2002 07:39 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guessed

quote:
Originally posted by puddykat
maybe hes just anubis.. not a furling, not an asgaurd, not apophis and not the wizard of oz!

for once i totally agree with puddy =)

i doubt there is any relation between anubis and recent gaoulds like aphophis and sokar and co because of the TIME discrepancy. anubis has clearly been out of the picture and assumed DEAD/MURDERED for thousands and thousands of years. the tok'ra weren't even aware of his existence. so HOW could he be someone we know????

Old Post 09-07-2002 07:57 PM
guessed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guessed Click here to Send guessed a Private Message Find more posts by guessed Add guessed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Uh, because of that precise reason?!
Anyway, we shall find out either way im sure.

Old Post 09-07-2002 08:01 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guessed

quote:
Originally posted by president doc
Uh, because of that precise reason?!

i don't understand. are you saying that apophis (or whichever gaould we say is anubis) was never actually aphophis - that this symbiote never existed and anubis-symbiote was pretending to be apophis all these years?!??!?!? sorry, very confused.

Old Post 09-07-2002 08:16 PM
guessed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guessed Click here to Send guessed a Private Message Find more posts by guessed Add guessed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

What im saying is that because the precise locale of anubis and the method of his apparant demise are unknown... I wouldnt put it past someone to step into this myths shoes for a variety of reasons.

Whether it would be good from a plot point or not isnt the issue im discussing... what I am saying is that it could be beneficial and quite possible for Apophis if he survived, to step into this "legends" shoes and impersonate him.

Old Post 09-07-2002 08:24 PM
guessed

thanks, i get it now... don't know why i never saw this before - ahhh it's early morning here and i haven't had caffeine hit yet

Old Post 09-07-2002 08:35 PM
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Anubis is Sokar. They are played by the same actor, they served many of the same purposes in mythology (Anubis actually took up Sokars mantle as lord of the Dead) and I read a quote in another forum that goes something like this Brad Wright: "Anubis is played by David Palffy who played the hooded Goa'uld Sokar in the Devil u no and Jolinars memories. Little more than coincidence there." What is his host!!!!!! I couldnt work out exactly waht it looked like, perhaps some sort of energy being, then how could the Goa'uld posses it?

Old Post 09-23-2002 04:25 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scarab19

Location: From the deepest inner mind to the Outer Limits. Please stand by.

Anubis' host is probably some weird new alien.

And Apophis has never returned from CERTAIN death. In Grasp/Lair, we saw him and Klorel beam out. We didn't see where they went, but we knew they got away. Then in Serpent's Song, it was said at least twice that Sokar would probably heal him with the sarcophagus in order to keep tormenting him.

Old Post 09-23-2002 07:18 AM
Scarab19 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scarab19 Click here to Send Scarab19 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarab19 Add Scarab19 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

This is stargate, anyone can come back from the dead if it suits the writers. So Apophis is entirely dead for the time being but if a writer gets an idea for a good storyline with him in it, poof, he's back.

Erishian, Peter Williams didn't play Anubis, David Palffy (who played Sokar) did.

It is extremely obvious who Anubis is guys!
He is so The Keeper.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 09-23-2002 12:06 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Why do you think they never showed Apophis die.

They showed Ra die, they showed him being physically torn apart in a split second by a face full of BMB MKV tactical nuke... all we saw was a ship crash into a planet when it came to Apophis.
Of course, there are other constraints such as corniness when briging him back, but he wasnt shown being killed.

Old Post 09-23-2002 12:43 PM
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

And why do I think Apophis never died??? BECAUSE he NEVER DOES DIE. It seems like he was always coming back. So, never be to sure.

ERIN

Old Post 09-23-2002 03:24 PM