Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Anubis is NOT SOKAR!!! Anubis is NOT WEARING A MASK!!!
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

They probley just used him cause his been on set before, knows the people and is a good actor he went for the role and got it.
Thats like with Jag, Mac played a dead lady in a ep then she lands the role of mac.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 09-24-2002 12:09 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

and RatBoy-Kychek was actually seduced by the armish before he became an FBI agent....

Goa;uld - i never thought of that before. Thats damn funny

Old Post 09-24-2002 03:10 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
O'Neill
Spam King since 1983.

For some reason in SG-1 when they use an actor which they have used previously for another character it is more noticable. Take Star Trek for example since TNG they have had Vaughn Armstrong play over 20 different chracters and no-one seems to mind yet when SG-1 attempt to use a veteran actor such as David Palffy again it is described by some fans as 'Lame'. Interesting.

Old Post 09-24-2002 06:39 AM
O'Neill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for O'Neill Click here to Send O'Neill a Private Message Find more posts by O'Neill Add O'Neill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

the whole anubis concept is lame. just to voice my opinion. such things can trash a good show... i mean... why open for such a lame cyclic thing like anubis. now there's probably no end to the amount of previously hidden but once powerful gou'alds that longs to reappear type of storyline. it's quite like the 'evil twin' thing in soaps like sunset beach and melrose place...

Old Post 09-24-2002 10:01 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

So what exactly do you propose?
Why does it open the door to countless long lost Goa'uld?
People complain about the replicators, they complain about ressurecting Apophis, they complain about boring normal Goa'uld, and then bringing back a long in hiding powerful Goa'uld.
In the end and enemy is an enemy. bah. He wants to blow good shit up, were the good shit, thats the bottom line

Old Post 09-24-2002 10:13 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

quote:
He wants to blow good shit up, were the good shit, thats the bottom line

Hear here.

Old Post 09-24-2002 09:00 PM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

Completely agree! with u president doc.! There's no point arguing about what goa'uld was resurected and is now Anubis. it's not gonna change anything, and i think this of lots of threads like this. just accept that he's the big new bad guy, who cares who he's played by! And i think that that 'oily' thing is just his face. He was pretty hated by all the other goa'ulds, so who;s to say he didn't get hurt one time, in a huge battle or something, like what we saw happened to Apophis in jolinar's mem. and stuff, just got a big oily lookin thing (or in my opinion, 'black hole face to Fix his deformed-ness.

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 09-24-2002 09:51 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Moral: Anubis is cool.

Old Post 09-24-2002 10:17 PM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

I agree completely with sam most major, Anubis is Anubis, many poeple have said now that the technology used by Anubis is not Goa'uld (Thor in Revelations), but quite frankly who cares? Not I. Everyone has different theories on different things, we call that Pluralism, that is the formation of democracy to do anything to supress any one else's idea is unconstitutional.

In conclusion i leave u with this quote ARHCER IN COLD FRONT 'Mr Reid, assign new quarters to Daniel's roommate and seal of cabin E14, its off limits till i say otherwise. God knows what else is in there.' (i will have new and better quotes for each post.)

Old Post 09-25-2002 02:44 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

quote:
Originally posted by president doc
So what exactly do you propose?
Why does it open the door to countless long lost Goa'uld?
People complain about the replicators, they complain about ressurecting Apophis, they complain about boring normal Goa'uld, and then bringing back a long in hiding powerful Goa'uld.
In the end and enemy is an enemy. bah. He wants to blow good shit up, were the good shit, thats the bottom line

Excuse me! Have I said any of those other things??? I can't remember it... I have no complains about the replicators, resurrecting Apophis or the normal Gou'ald. Those story twists aren't nowhere near the lameness of Anubis.

Why it opens for countless long lost Gou'ald? Once they've used a trick that they get away with they're more likely to use it again, instead of exploring other story line. Anubis is the reason that I actually hope that one of my favourite shows will not continue... But then again, I wasn't watching the show for the sake of exploding objects either...

Old Post 09-25-2002 05:00 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Well, its not like theyre going to use this story line over and over again because there are only 6 seasons.
Im not going to say that I dont like a particular plot point because the writers could replicate it at some future date.
What Im saying is that each of these points have been criticised by fans... there isnt really anything they can do without being criticised so they just go with what they think will work.
What would you propose though?

Old Post 09-25-2002 09:38 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

I would like a follow up to bedrosian story.

BTW, my main problem with Anubis is the way his appearance and other things is the 5th and 6th season paints a black and white picture of the universe in the series.

Old Post 09-25-2002 11:49 AM
Jaffa, Kree!

i see what you mean.. there are few 'dodgy yet helpfull' characters like the tollans or even the aschen anymore... Even the NID and maybourne stuff has dissapted, or has shown its true colours.

The charcter of Anubis does interest me though, merely for the 'what the hell is he' factor..

Old Post 09-25-2002 12:25 PM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

quote:
Anubis is NOT SOKAR!!!

Most likely. David palffy was hired because had a good voice and he walked really great.

quote:
Anubis is NOT WEARING A MASK!!!

Well technically he is...kinda. It isnt his real face anyway, or so did the guys on the commentary for Revelations revealed.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 09-28-2002 12:13 AM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry
A big honking space gun!

Indy stop it I have no money and I`ll never be able to buy that Dvd now.

Last edited by Barry on 09-28-2002 at 09:03 AM

Old Post 09-28-2002 08:52 AM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote