Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > Stargate Game is finally.....
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Roachie

Stargate Game is finally.....

Yup.

Today we got our very own lovely cease and desist order from MGM. After 3 years of doing ****all and not replying to my emails there suddenly noticing us and stopping us.

I should be flattered. But im anything but.

This is purely to protect there own Stargate game which has been a rumour for awhile but i believe it will happen. Why else would you suddenly care that people are promoting your show and making others interested in the Stargate idea.

So the question is whereto from here. In the document it mentions we are not allowed to create a game based of SG1. Yet all other stargate mods get no warnings e.t.c (Ive spoken to Elite Force Stargate mod who confirms he hasnt had any desist orders).

I must say i wasnt expecting MGM to be such arseholes about the whole thing. Maybe they feel threatened over there own Stargate game?

Do we change the name ?

Do we change the game ?

Whats your thoughts ?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-16-2002 10:40 PM
Roachie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roachie Click here to Send Roachie a Private Message Find more posts by Roachie Add Roachie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Isnt there some law on copyrights? change it by x percent and they cant do anything, like call it space gate sg2... change it by 10 percent and boom.

Old Post 12-16-2002 11:18 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roachie

copyrights
Im not sure on the laws.

But im definetely gonna be pursuing it.

What annoys me is what is the harm in releasing a free game that can only make the show and its rights more popular ?

And why target us and not others.

Anyway i will be looking into this more.

Old Post 12-16-2002 11:27 PM
Roachie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roachie Click here to Send Roachie a Private Message Find more posts by Roachie Add Roachie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

They probably dont realise what theyre doing, Startrek did this kinda thing a while back, still may be doing it, they hire people and those people become over zealous... well, keep us updated.

Old Post 12-16-2002 11:29 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c0nspire
sg1 game head modeller

anyways.. we have to change the game so much that it wouldnt be related to stargate at all.. they say we have to reply to that email.. ill reply alrite, but it wont be nice

yea...

Last edited by c0nspire on 12-17-2002 at 12:54 AM

Old Post 12-17-2002 12:22 AM
c0nspire is offline Click Here to See the Profile for c0nspire Click here to Send c0nspire a Private Message Visit c0nspire's homepage! Find more posts by c0nspire Add c0nspire to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roachie

Today our website as been pulled.

Does this seem like the actions of a company who made a mistake ?

More like a company trying to sweep us under the rug.

Old Post 12-17-2002 11:09 PM
president doc

Urm, got any pics? links?

Old Post 12-17-2002 11:12 PM
Roachie

We had a website

as for pics. Guess what. There on our website

Old Post 12-17-2002 11:19 PM
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

This has happened to a few people that i have heard of.......I read in a mag about it happeniung to little Harry potter fans that made websites about Harry potter..they were sent emails that told them to stop or action will be taken against them...most were only about 12. I think that its silly to make people shut down the sites but Docs idea does work change it a bit and they can't do anything.

Old Post 12-17-2002 11:39 PM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

I'm gonna start making budget sg games and say they're official and claim i'm making money off it just to annoy mgm

Old Post 12-18-2002 03:23 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
O'Neill
Spam King since 1983.

Im already doing it. SG1 The Game is hitting the shelves of your local pakistani on Monday.

Old Post 12-18-2002 06:05 AM
O'Neill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for O'Neill Click here to Send O'Neill a Private Message Find more posts by O'Neill Add O'Neill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote