Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > tech chart(spoilers everywhere at least up til season six)
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Replicators are not a species, they are a plague, and the az'gard don't use biological weapons like the Ashen do, and 320 did it occur to you that quite a number of Tollan were on the Nox homewolrd when Tanith attacked? Did it occur to you that Tanith didn't have time to wipe out every last one? You made an assumption based on too many 'ifs'

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-28-2002 03:14 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

10-20 persons isn't what I call a civilisation. If you excuse me(if that isn't the case, then you did post a spoiler...). Below is a s5 spoiler...

Spoiler:

BTW, don't you remember the quantum mirror people, and yes, the civilisation from which that guy in "Wormhole Xtreme" did come. Not much left of them after the Gou'ald attack was it? Also, the gou'ald used something really heavy since they did destroy the stargate after all... So I don't think there's much hope for any surviving Tollans...

I say that by what we've seen so far, the gou'ald doesn't leave anything left of civs they plan to destroy. There is also no difference between biological and conventional weapons in my eyes since they are both made to kill. Like asking me if I wan't to be stabbed to death or shot to death should make any difference what-so-ever...

BTW, why does everybody spell Asgard that funny way? And I'm sorry, but the replicators can also cross galaxies in short time. Does that make them advanced?

Kamakazi, I did no such thing. Most advanced where the term I used. But lets see if I can edit it... Yes I were able edit it. But hey, welcome to make your own grouping...

Last edited by 320rwekfpl on 11-28-2002 at 04:27 AM

Old Post 11-28-2002 04:19 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man of less sorrow

I said evolved, not that they were a species. and the replicators can because they stole az'gard tech.

Old Post 11-28-2002 05:16 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

no they didn't... they modified gou'ald tech, even though that tech was probably stolen from someone else in the first place...
now explain to me what's with the funny spelling...

Old Post 11-28-2002 06:20 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man of less sorrow

i spell how it pleases me. And the replicators are not a species, the az'gardare one of the four. and therefore belong in the first group, unlike the poisonous ashen who couldn't even master the gate system!

Old Post 11-28-2002 06:36 AM
Anudist
*nuked*

quote:
Originally posted by _.:?nubis:._
i spell how it pleases me. And the replicators are not a species, the az'gardare one of the four. and therefore belong in the first group, unlike the poisonous ashen who couldn't even master the gate system!

The replicators eat, reproduce, think and preserve themselves. By all definitions of life and being a species they are a lifeform, just not organic. Dont be ignorant.

I agree with the list, the Asgard may be advanced but they arent exactly on the same level as the Nox or the Ancients.

Old Post 11-28-2002 06:18 PM
Anudist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anudist Click here to Send Anudist a Private Message Find more posts by Anudist Add Anudist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

I agree with Anudist, the Asgard aren't on their level, just as the Tauri aren't on the same level as the Asgard, as said by themselves in the eppy wher Jack gets the Ancients downloaded into his brain.

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Old Post 11-28-2002 06:29 PM
Charlie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Carter Click here to Send Charlie Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie Carter Add Charlie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

quote:
Originally posted by _.:?nubis:._

One could say that the Aschen were only doing what the Nox and the Ancients are doing. Proctecting more primitive species from a gruesome fate. Besides that... Look at the gate system and look at the series. Then you'll find out that it's impossible to master the gate system to all cordinates in case you don't;
a/ Got lucky as the the Tauri
b/ Have been allies with Ancients(as the Asgard and the Nox)
c/ Stole the information as the Gou'ald
d/ Been in contact with Ancients(which is probably the case with the Tollans, even though they're truly an enigma(much as ever, since they don't seem to be natural explorers either))
Without something to work from(like the Abydos chart) I would say that the chance is almost zero to decipher the gate-system. First you would have to find a path to another planet(and yet again, if you got lucky you might find the planet in "Fifth Race" or the planet in "Torment of Tantalus" or a planet some gou'ald has left behind with all the info on). Then you would have to reason out that the markings are actual coordinates. Then you would have to calculate for stellar drift. I mean, without a DHD and a planet nearby like Abydos, the chances are ZERO to decipher it... So please... Deciphering the gate system doesn't have anything to do with advancement, it merely aquires luck(otherwise the Tauri wouldn't have done it)... I mean look at it, and you see that noone has figured that gate system out without help or theft from the ancients(except the Tollan(eventhough nothings is known)) so why should it have something to do with advancement?

Regarding the Asgard spelling I just wanted to know why you do spell it that way... I didn't mean to attack your spelling. I can't remember seing that spelling in the series, and it doesn't occur in nordic mythology...

Last edited by 320rwekfpl on 11-29-2002 at 04:20 AM

Old Post 11-29-2002 04:15 AM
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

quote:
Originally posted by 320rwekfpl
BTW, why does everybody spell Asgard that funny way? And I'm sorry, but the replicators can also cross galaxies in short time. Does that make them advanced?

Kamakazi, I did no such thing. Most advanced where the term I used. But lets see if I can edit it... Yes I were able edit it. But hey, welcome to make your own grouping...

not everyone does, only anubis. don't know why, just know it's beginning to bug the hell out of me so i just skip most of his posts

and 320, check out the name of the thread.

Old Post 11-29-2002 09:40 AM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

I tried to change afterwards but I couldn't. Look at it this way, I dont know if I explain enough that didn't find the correct phrase in a language which isn't my native language enough.

Look at the subject of the first post and you'll see what I meant. I just cannot sit with a theasaurus in my knee everytime I'm in the front of a computer. That's not possible.

Old Post 11-29-2002 10:43 AM
Man of less sorrow

Hey i spell 'em how i see 'em.
The replicators aren't a species, they don't reproduce in any known fashion, and are u saying that a group of androids can be classed as a species? The replicators are a plague that absorbs everything they touch, clearly the are advanced, they are according to Thor capable of thinking individually, but, they don't the act toward the hive, The nox are not advancing technologically, they are advancing through study of the mind, the ancients plain old stopped when the reached a point they couldn't surpass and became ascended (imho anyway)

Old Post 11-30-2002 11:50 PM
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

The replicators are not androids. aAndroid suggests some kind of transferred intelligence.

Which would make tru androids a species. But not reps.

Old Post 12-01-2002 10:51 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

I seems to me that the fact that the replicators are reproducing is the big issue for the Asgards at the moment. And what would they be doing if they're not reproducing... I mean they aren't cloning each others. The construction of new replicators from tiny little bits is, in a way the same process that takes part in the human body. So. They're reproducing. And since intelligence(in a human fashion) doesn't seem to be a requirement from being a species, one would in fact have to say that the replicators are a species(though with an artificial origin). I mean just as replicators cannot surivive without technology, we cannot survive without oxygen. Basically the same thing...

Old Post 12-02-2002 04:09 AM
Man of less sorrow

Interesting however the replicators have shown no advanced intellect as much as they have shown advanced survival instinct, however i shall submit that the replicators are a species because there are different varieties of them, however they have multiple levels of advancement: Eg. The replicators that absorbed normal metal were so non advanced they would rust, but the ones made out of Az'gard metal are so advanced that it could with stand atmospheric re-entry where the entiritey of the ship could not. As well the ones made out of goa'uld alloys were unable to reconstruct themselves like the ones on thor's ship could after being shot.

Old Post 12-03-2002 12:00 AM
Mister Oragahn

First, Hi everyone !

Secondly, I may have put the Gadmeer but I know that since they're between death and life, it's a bit tedious.

Old Post 12-05-2002 01:09 AM
Mister Oragahn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mister Oragahn Click here to Send Mister Oragahn a Private Message Find more posts by Mister Oragahn Add Mister Oragahn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote