Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > HARRY POTTER and the Chamber of Secrets
Pages (19): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

hey books are always better than the movies! The first part of LOTR is the slowest, it begins to kick arse next.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-07-2002 08:15 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

next HP book due in 5 months.

draft finished, some 'tweaking' and editing, then to the publishers, hoorah!

Old Post 11-08-2002 02:14 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

cool, that sounds great, finally i'll have something to read

Albert Einstein

Old Post 11-08-2002 06:56 AM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

But I can't wait that long

Why didn't I start reading them when they were all finished!

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 11-08-2002 09:37 AM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

well i started after 4, and now i have the same problem, so if its any help ur not alone

Albert Einstein

Old Post 11-08-2002 09:39 AM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andrea-T
Chocaholic

We will have to ask JK Rowling to 'tweak' faster!!

One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Old Post 11-08-2002 12:37 PM
Andrea-T is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andrea-T Click here to Send Andrea-T a Private Message Find more posts by Andrea-T Add Andrea-T to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

She doesn't have to tweak, I'm fine with a rough book.

Damn smelly stupid cinema! They say there's a late showing for Harry Potter and we get the tickets and everything but is there a late showing? Is there? No! Can KC go to any other showing? Probably not til next week

How long is the film? If it's over two hours I will have to wait til next week *cries*

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 11-08-2002 06:12 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

its apparently one chapter longer than GoF.

bloody hell.. and they want to make films of these damn things????????

Old Post 11-08-2002 09:54 PM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

Ah darn, i have to go see HP2 twice now cos the cinema screwed up and my sis can't go until sunday so i'm gonna go saturday and again sunday with her. Amn't i a nice sis! (yeah like i need a reason to see it twice )

Can't wait!!!

I think they said they're gonna make two films of the goblet of fire.

Old Post 11-08-2002 10:03 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

.kjfgsda;fjhga;fkjsahf;ksahDAMN YOU PEOPLE!!! i still have 20 days to wait...

Old Post 11-08-2002 10:08 PM
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

Talking Happy Rotter

Ok, considering I've seen the first ever publich showing of Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets I'll give an unbiased review.

Not being a fan of the Harry Potter Movies, I toddled along to the first showing of this movie at my local UGC Cinema and sat down and thirly enjoyed this movie, but not in the way that I would enjoy something like the Lord of The Rings or Spider-Man. Of course Harry Potter's target audience is of a younger age so I can see how I might not have enjoyed it as much as a slightly younger audience, but to say the least it is a lot better than some of the crap that is fizzled out these days.

Crap this is not and a year on the main characters are a lot older, taller and voices broken. Many of the returning cast return and some dont. Kenneth Branagh plays a wonderful part of this cocky guy who seems to think he's adored and well he is. He was one of the better bits in the movie. I was sometimes phased by Rupert Grint's Ron. He isn't that great an actor, but he could play his part okish. I guess the scenes he played a scary person in weren't convincing enough for me, but kids should get a good laugh out of him more than I did. I suppose you can't hold it against the kids as they're just young and learning the actor trade.

The SFX were impressive, especally the character of Dobby. He was well great. I couldnt tell he was CG by his bad creation, but through the fact there was no way they could have done it otherwise. In fact the CG character of Dobby is very similar to the CG Asgard in Stargate (speaking of textures) was like which speaks well for Stargate. The CG Spiders were incredibly creepy. Not being too scared of Spiders, they kind of made me jump. I felt by body tense up as the gave case to Harry and Ron, which is a good thing because not often do I find myself doing this in movies. The person I had sat beside seemed pretty scared of the spiders as well.

John Williams score was very much like his original score with old themes returning and some of the music sounding like music from his Indiana Jones scores. I found myself whistling the main theme for most of the night and on occassion not realising I was doing it until someone else pointed out that was

This movie certainly had better action sequences and was a lot more action orientated I found myself clenching up at points as they were tense. The story wasn't too difficult to understand and the film was a lot shorter than I expected. I had thought it ran for three hours when it was more like 2 1/2. Although in some cases I found that you had to have seen the 1st movie to understand some of what was going on. The only thing that annoyed me was that the cues in the Foyer were too long and I couldnt get an ice cream and there was some little toddler crying down the front row for a few minutes mid-way. Why bring a toddler who's gonna forget about it the next day? You may ask this yourself.

I'd give it 8.5/10. But I am not a fan of these movies and am not the target audience.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 11-08-2002 10:27 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

sounds GREEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but then, what else could it be????????????

still 20 days. damnit days, go faster

Old Post 11-08-2002 10:40 PM
shiloh
Radix lecti

I've only got 8 days to wait, sympathies JK, but still! DAMN! I'm psyched now!! Thanks for the review Indy.

Old Post 11-08-2002 11:08 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

No bother. can't believe I am like the 1st to review this movie

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 11-08-2002 11:09 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andrea-T
Chocaholic

Movie was amazing! JUst been to see it with 15 of my friends.

The first 30 minutes were really funny but then the movie got darker and some scenes were downright scary.

SPIDERS!!!!!! Yuk!

Was sad to see Richard Harris in it. It must be hard for his family to watch.

The acting of the kids has improved greatly. Rupert Grint as Ron was standout and Daniel Radcliffe was great too- especially with his interactment with Dobby.

I loved Mark Williams as Mr Weasley he was good although I expected him to tap his nose and say "you ain't seen me-Right!"
-Thats a fast show thing for those who dont live in the UK.

I am gonna go see it again ASAP!

One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Old Post 11-08-2002 11:12 PM
Andrea-T is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andrea-T Click here to Send Andrea-T a Private Message Find more posts by Andrea-T Add Andrea-T to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote