Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Fan Fiction > Fic: Fairy Tale Ending?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

Fic: Fairy Tale Ending?

Just another AU Tale. One where Sha're didn't get killed by Teal'c.

Cheyenne Mountain:

As Dr. Janet Fraiser entered the commissary she noticed Daniel sitting alone, looking extremely depressed. Janet felt surprised at the sight. Since Sha?re?s rescue from Apophis and the removal of the symbiont three months earlier Daniel had been in a state of euphoria. For the first few weeks he had stayed by Sha?re?s side in the infirmary. Then after an extensive debriefing, they had visited Abydos, joyously reuniting with Kasuf and Skaara. When the celebrations had ended Daniel and Sha?re had returned to Earth, eager to resume their married life together.

Janet sat beside him, not speaking. Several moments later he realized he was no longer alone. Attempting a smile, Daniel said ?I?m afraid I?m not very good company right now Janet?.

?Do you want to talk about it?? the doctor asked.

?It?s Sha?re, things aren?t going too well. She?s having so much trouble getting used to everything ? he said.

?That?s not really surprising Daniel. After all Sha?re?s been through during the last four years it?s only natural that she?d have problems adjusting to a normal life again. Besides, Colorado Springs is completely different from Abydos? Janet said.

?Cassie adjusted to life on Earth? Daniel pointed out.

?Cassie was 12, not 25, she also hadn?t spent four years as a host? Janet responded.

?I?m trying Janet, it?s just that this isn?t anything like I thought it would be. I built up this fantasy over the last four years, and the reality is so different? Daniel said.

?What did you think it would be like?? she asked.

?I always pictured a happy reunion with Skaara, Kasuf, all our friends on Abydos gathered around to celebrate? he responded.

?And afterwards?? Janet said.

?I never really thought beyond that? he replied. ?I always just assumed we would live happily ever after?.

?Like a fairy tale. Did you really believe you could just pick up where you left off as if nothing had happened?? Janet asked.

?Sha?re wants to go back to Abydos permanently? Daniel stated.

?And you don?t?? Janet asked.

?Of course not Janet, not after all this time. I can?t give up my work, it?s too important, not just to me, but to the whole world. I can?t give up the SG1 knowing the Gou?ald are out there, ready to attack. It?s not like the first time I went there, when we had no idea how many worlds were inhabited, or what the dangers were. What am I supposed to do on Abydos anyway, herd mastedges, mine naquadah?? Daniel said. ?I don?t want to waste my life doing menial labor. Not when there?s so much to see, so much to learn.?

?Maybe you could get counseling, work out your problems? Janet suggested.

?I just don?t know, we?re not the same people, I can?t even talk to her anymore, we have nothing in common? he cried.

Janet gazed at Daniel, an expression of sympathy crossing her face. ?Do you still love her?? she asked.

"Of course I love Sha're, why else would I have been faithful to her all this time if I didn't love her" Daniel said. "Janet, I've never been good with people, it's not like I had a lot of experience with women before I went to Abydos. I only had one real relationship, and that was a disaster" he said.

"Daniel are you sure you haven't been using Sha're as an excuse to avoid getting involved with anyone else, to risk being hurt?" Janet asked.

Daniel stared at her, a shocked expression on his face. Making an excuse he left the commissary. Janet watched him leave. She turned around to see Colonel O?Neill gazing sadly at Daniel?s retreating figure.

Later, in Daniel?s apartment a scream suddenly shattered the quiet night, ?Help me, Danyell? Sha?re cried.

Daniel immediately awoke. ?I?m here, it?s all right? he said, trying to soothe her.

?Where were you, why did you let me be taken?? Sha?re sobbed.

Hearing those words, Daniel was filled with guilt. ?I?m so sorry, Sha?re, I didn?t know what would happen? he said.

?You have been nothing but a curse on my life. Before we were happy, there has been nothing but misery on Abydos since you came? she said.

Daniel flinched at her words, but he had to acknowledge their truth. The population of Abydos had known much suffering since the arrival of the first Stargate mission. //If it weren?t for us neither Sha?re or Skaara would have become hosts, all of those killed by Ra and Apophis would be alive today, their families spared so much agony// he thought.

??I was forced to bear that monster?s child? Sha?re whispered.

?I know? Daniel said. ?It doesn?t make any difference to me? he claimed. As he spoke those words Daniel knew they were a lie. Even though he knew intellectually that Sha?re was blameless, emotionally, it was different. He tried not to think that she should have resisted more, somehow defied the symbiont, but images of Sha?re swollen with Apophis? child tormented Daniel despite his efforts to control his thoughts.

Sha?re studied him carefully. Daniel had never been able to hide his feelings from her. The repulsion he felt clearly showed on his face. Unable to bear his presence she went out onto the balcony.

Standing alone, looking out over the alien city Sha?re smiled bitterly. Nothing was as she had expected. Throughout her captivity she longed to return to Abydos with her Daniel and resume their married life. Instead, she found herself living in this crowded, noisy, city, constantly surrounded by more people than she thought existed. Daniel was a stranger to her now, his experiences during their long separation had changed him from the shy young man she first met. He was now more soldier than scholar, a man of action, not a dreamer. It would never change she thought. If she stayed with Daniel she would spend the rest of her life living in this alien world.

Sha?re recalled the day she first met Daniel and the other members of his team. The Abydonians had believed they must be gods, these men with their magical devices and strange ways. With all wonders she had seen since then it was hard to remember the naive young girl who had been so impressed by Daniel.

Sha?re wondered what her life would have been like if Daniel had never discovered the secret of the stargate. Who would she have married? Surely she would have been a mother several times by now. Painful memories of the baby lost to her and the ordeal she had endured at Apophis? hands flooded her mind everytime she looked at Daniel. //It is his fault, he ruined my life.// she thought angrily. //I would have been content without him. The demon would never have touched me, so many of our people would still be alive, Skaara would never have suffered so, if it weren?t for him.//

She did not belong here on Daniel?s world, she would never belong here. Yes, it would have been better for her if they had never met. Coming to a decision, she returned to face her husband.

Cheyenne Mountain:

?So she?s really going back then?? Jack said.

?Yes, she?s leaving me again? Daniel replied. ?I don?t think she?s ever coming back.?

?Maybe it?s for the best? Jack said.

?I can?t let her go back to Abydos, she?s my wife? Daniel said.

//I?m not surprised that relationship hit the crapper//, Jack thought. ?I don?t think any marriage could survive what you two have been through? he said.

?What are you saying Jack, I should just give up, after all we?ve been through. It?s just, every time I look at Sha?re I keep seeing her and Apophis together. I know it wasn?t her fault, that it was really Amonet, but still, I can?t get that image out of my head? Daniel said. ?And, well, I don?t think Sha?re has really forgiven me for letting it happen? he continued.

"I'm just saying since you both obviously can't get past this maybe you should just call it quits" Jack said.

"I have to try" Daniel cried.

"Why?" Jack asked. "Face it Daniel, it's not like the two of you ever had a normal relationship".

"What do you mean by that" Daniel snapped.

"Look, you didn't even know you were married to her until the next day." Jack said. "It's not like you two dated, got to know each other first, and from what you said, you spent most of your time on Abydos studying their culture" Jack went on.

Daniel turned away, "I don't want to hear this" he said.

"Daniel listen to me, how much time did you and Sha're actually spend alone together?" Jack asked.

Daniel flushed, ?we spent time together? he protested.

"Did you ever really get to know her?" Jack continued.

Daniel glared at Jack. "I thought you liked Sha're", he said, his anger rising.

"I'm not saying I don't like her, I'm just saying that maybe she's not right for you. Sha're's a nice kid, but come on, Daniel, ya gotta admit she's not exactly your intellectual equal. What exactly is the big attraction here?" the colonel continued.

Daniel sank into a chair, placing his head in his hands. "What can I do?" he moaned. "I feel so guilty".

"Let her leave, trying to hold on is just gonna make both of you miserable. I know it's hard to let go, but sometimes it's better to end it. Believe me, I know" Jack said.

?Oh god you?re right, I should let her go? Daniel admitted.

Several days later:

Daniel watched Sha?re enter the wormhole, his mind filled with a mixture of regret, sadness and relief . Jack stood next to Daniel, remembering the end of his marriage to Sara.

Epilogue:

Daniel paused in the doorway. He watched Janet move briskly through the infirmary, exuding competence. Although there had always been an undercurrent of attraction between them Daniel had never seriously considered acting on his feelings. However, it was time to stop living in limbo. "Janet" he said, a shy smile lighting his face. "Do you have any plans for tonight?"

End

Last edited by JoJo on 12-31-2001 at 08:16 PM

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-31-2001 12:12 AM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schrodinger
the quantum leper

your my hero jojo

can you please sprinkle a bit of your magic onto my fan fics please ?

Old Post 02-14-2002 12:32 PM
schrodinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schrodinger Click here to Send schrodinger a Private Message Find more posts by schrodinger Add schrodinger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Axinne
Ya sure ya betcha

yeah, um...i know that some people liked this fic a lot, and you can totally shoot me, but I had to say this. KNOW THAT THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!!!!! well....gross.....Daniel and Janet is W-R-O-N-G. I am a die-hard Daniel/Sha're fan and I really didn't like the whole dissing of Sha're. She is absolutely awesome and the only one for Daniel. They totally loved each other and you cant just destroy that. I was sobbing at the end of Forever in a day. Why even bother saving her life in your story if you break up their realtionship????? They are MARRIED for Gods sake and are perfect together. All Daniel ever wanted to do was find her and you make him go to another woman right away?? Sorry, but no. I just dont see how you can see Janet and DAniel together, and no Sha're. Daniel and Sha're is the ultimate marriage for hopeless romantics and some of us never stopped hoping that they would get back together. I'm sorry if this offends you, but I cant just let you destroy DANIEL/SHA'RE!!!!!!!! Your story was soooo unhappy for us D/S fans.
So sue me if you want. Or report me. But I just had to say this. And I know that there are TONS more who support me. I'm sorry.

Old Post 04-10-2002 01:42 AM
Axinne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Axinne Click here to Send Axinne a Private Message Find more posts by Axinne Add Axinne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

Dear Axinne, why on earth would I report you. You're entitled to your feelings.

I feel that the SG1 universe is big enough to encompass all viewpoints. Personally, I'm not much of a romantic, so I wrote it to reflect my take on events. You obviously feel differently, so let's just agree to disagree.

Old Post 04-10-2002 03:11 AM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

So JoJo, are you a Daniel Janet shipper then??

Old Post 04-10-2002 11:46 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

Not really, I just thought I'd end the fic on a more upbeat note, especially since my other fics to date all were anti-romance. Although I could picture a Janet/Daniel or even a Janet/Jack a lot more easily that certain other pairings.

Old Post 04-10-2002 02:16 PM
Axinne
Ya sure ya betcha

I'm not a romantic per say, its just that some relationships are sooo wonderful that you just gotta love em! Jack/Sam and Daniel/Sah're are the best examples.
So do you really like Janet, then? I mean, shes an awesome char, but I don't think I'd pair her with anyone on the show. Maybe Sarge. Silar (JOKING!!!)

Old Post 05-12-2002 12:32 AM
Axinne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Axinne Click here to Send Axinne a Private Message Find more posts by Axinne Add Axinne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CyberTyger

I have to say you can call me a Daniel/Sha're and Jack/Sam Shipper. As for Janet I always thought Teal'c and her would be intresting. Any one else think so?

Old Post 05-14-2002 04:54 AM
CyberTyger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CyberTyger Click here to Send CyberTyger a Private Message Find more posts by CyberTyger Add CyberTyger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CyberTyger

Oh forgot to mention that the story was still good altough you could have let them work it out instead.

Old Post 05-14-2002 04:55 AM
CyberTyger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CyberTyger Click here to Send CyberTyger a Private Message Find more posts by CyberTyger Add CyberTyger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Axinne
Ya sure ya betcha

uh....Janet /Teal'c, I can honestly say, I have thought of every Janet ship BUT that one. I dunno, Teal'c seems to like her that much ( he can't stand those thermometers!!)

Old Post 05-15-2002 11:23 PM