Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Fan Fiction > 'Piece and Wore'-TF
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jack's hat
other 1/2 of TeenBrigade

Location: Elven name: Merenwen Loss?helin So I live in the woods

'Piece and Wore'-TF

Hey guys the next Teen Brigade installment is here soz about any spelling mistakes for those picky few. Well here it is the one I started. ENJOY!!!

?Piece? and ?Wore?

?Those two are sooo boring.? Jack was trying to make small talk.
?Who are...oh.? Sam saw Jack?s face and guessed. Charlie and Jo had grown up a bit to fast for their liking. At the moment all they seemed to say to Sam and Jack were things like ?Mum! I can't wear that, I wore that yesterday!? and ?Dad, if I eat another piece of cake it will ruin my complexion!?
Little did they know that the best jokers around were taking them on a long ride.
?You just got bombarded by the teen brigade again,? sighed Sam. They both laughed very awkwardly.
Meanwhile, upstairs in their room, Charlie and Jo were in fits of laughter.
Finally Jo managed to stammer a sentence.
?Did you see his face?!??
?Yeah, I know. He is, like, the king of the my-I-am-so-confused look!?
Neither of them could say any more for laughing.

?DAD!? Jack ran up the stairs to answer Charlie?s panicked shout.
?What??
?How am I s?posed to wear this to the disco when it has been ironed?? Jack sighed. He should have known it would be this trivial. He left their room as Jo came up the stairs.
?You look nice,? he said. She stopped, turned to the door and ran in, desperate to get changed. Jack sighed again. Kids?

The SGC disco was a fairly grand affair, what with the mess hall being transformed into a dance hall. Jack accompanied Sam to the other side where seats and tables had been laid out, with a buffet on long tables set along the walls.
?Hey, guys.? It was Jonas.
?Hey, Jonas.?
?Hey, Daniel.?
?Where?re the teen brigade??
?Dunno.? Jack sat down next to Jonas as Sam went for food. ?Ya know, it?s hard being a dad. Harder than I thought. All they talk about is calories.?
?Well, that?s teenagers for you.?
?True.? Sam sat down with three plates of food. Jo sat next to Jonas.
?Hi, Jonas-Quinnus.? Jonas frowned. Charlie giggled, but offered an explanation.
?Blame him,? she said, pointing at Jack?s seat, which was now empty.

A few days later, Charlie was immersing herself in the latest shareware she?d downloaded from the Internet. EV Nova. Jack also played it, and Charlie thought that she might be able to register it because of that. She?d played it 42 times in 9 days. She was good.
?Hey hey!? Jo bounded into the room, but Charlie did nothing.
?I SAID hey hey!? No response. Jo looked over her shoulder at her adopted sister. ?Oooh, what a surprise, you?re on that EZ Coca thingamabob.?
?It?s EV Nova, Jo. You should try it.?
?Mm, maybe. Didja hear those two??
?Probably not. Why??
?They?re talking about sitting us down and having a ?talk? about us growing up too fast.? Charlie looked up, a huge grin on her face.
?Hey! Does this mean that we can ask about going on missions??
?Yup, totally!?
?Hey hey!?
?That?s my line.? They stared crossly at each other, but dissolved into a fit of giggles.

?Now listen. We know that you?re fifteen, but we feel that you?re considering things like cholesterol and stuff a little too early. You?re growing up, but you?re acting like you?re twenty. You get me?? asked Sam. Jack?s face was deadly serious. Jo and Charlie sighed.
?Loud and clear, but the thing is, we feel we?re responsible enough to be allowed on missions along with SG-1,? said Charlie. Sam and Jack glanced at each other.
?Well,? started Sam. ?I?m not sure. I?ll talk to Jack and the general about it, but I can?t promise anything, ?kay??
?Yep.? Jo left the room. Charlie got up.
?We get it.? She left. Sam and Jack sighed. Kids?

?YES!? Jo and Charlie leapt up into a victory dance. Jack?s eyebrows leapt with them.
?You have GOT to be kidding me!?
?No, Jack, I?m not.? General Hammond had given them the authorisation they needed to go on missions. Sam sat there, quietly smiling to herself.
?They?ll learn.?
?What??
?I said they?ll learn.?
?Oh.? Jack thought. ?Learn what??

?Do I look good or do I look good!? Jo jumped around in her new SG uniform. Charlie picked up a zat.
?Stylish.?
?Zat?s stylish!?
?Bad joke.? Sam walked in.
?Ready?? Charlie and Jo stood up.
?Yessir!? they replied. Sam led them to the gate room. Jack, Jonas and Teal?c were waiting.
?Love the hat, Jo.?
?Thanks, Dad.?
?Love the bandanna, Charlie.?
?Thanks.?
?SG-1, you have a go. Good luck,? said the general over the comm link. The new team strutted through the gate?
[GATE SEQUENCE!]
?into a forest. Jo surveyed the area.
?Cool.?

Movement in the bushes. Sam grabbed her zat, but she was unconscious a split second later. Jack and Teal?c followed suit.
Jonas, Charlie and Jo, meanwhile, were surveying the area around the gate. Movement again, but it was too slow for Jonas, who zatted it once. A flump. Charlie, the closest, took it upon herself to check it out.
?Ick.? It was a beast, very much like a tiger, but with a purple coat. It seemed to bee bleeding from an injury, caused by a staff weapon.
?Jaffa?? asked Jo. ?Or Teal?c?? Jonas shrugged. Charlie looked up into the end of a staff weapon.
?Jaffa,? she confirmed.

?Our first mission.? Jo paced the cell. ?The first.? Charlie sighed.
?Yes, so??
?So! Nobody should get captured by evil snake-controlled people on their FIRST mission!?
?Most SG teams do,? pointed out Jonas.
?That?s not the point!?
?Yes it is,? murmured Charlie, but their bickering came to an abrupt end when they heard a huge explosion. Jonas jumped up.
?C4!? Charlie leapt up too, but the ceiling fell around them and she had to hop to avoid a large piece. Jack came through the hole and grabbed Jo.
?C?mon!? he yelled, but another piece fell on Charlie and rendered her unconscious. Jonas stooped to pick her up as Jack and Jo ran.
Teal?c dialled up the gate as Sam typed in the GDO code. Jack and Jo ran through, followed closely by Sam and Teal?c.
[GATE SEQUENCE]
They fell through and then all they could do was wait for Jonas and Charlie.
?C?mon, Jonas,? muttered Sam. But to no avail. The gate shut down.

?Damn!?
Jonas propped Charlie up by the DHD and redialled. The explosions were bigger. And closer. The seventh chevron engaged and Jonas fumbled for Charlie?s GDO. But she woke up.
?GDO!?
?Right.? She produced it from her pocket and entered the code. Jonas couldn?t wait. He picked her up and ran through.

The gate reopened. Sam twisseled round to see Jonas and Charlie dash through before Jonas collapsed. He did. Sam hugged him and Charlie. Charlie sighed. Jack grinned.
?Rethinking the mission thing?? Jo and Charlie exchanged glances.
?NO WAY!?

The End!

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-08-2002 07:33 PM
jack's hat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jack's hat Click here to Send jack's hat a Private Message Find more posts by jack's hat Add jack's hat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

I have to say that this one wouldn't have happened if it hadn't been for Jack's Hat. She (smartass) started it off, and I merely continued. (Smartass)

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Old Post 12-10-2002 06:47 PM
Charlie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Carter Click here to Send Charlie Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie Carter Add Charlie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

cool. i liked it, expecially Jo and Charlie leading them on so much like a true teen.

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 12-10-2002 10:14 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jack's hat
other 1/2 of TeenBrigade

yay Someone finally replied This has been on here quite awhile and noone replied 4 ages I thought people were going off the Teen Brigade storys

Cheers 4 that (smartass) charlie carter this one would be pretty silly without u

Thanks M.S I'm glad u like it!!!

Old Post 12-11-2002 02:15 PM
jack's hat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jack's hat Click here to Send jack's hat a Private Message Find more posts by jack's hat Add jack's hat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

quote:
Originally posted by MajorSam
cool. i liked it, expecially Jo and Charlie leading them on so much like a true teen.

Thanks, MajorSam! We, of course, have the whole teen experience under our belts. Yay for your praise! Do ya want the next one???

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Old Post 12-11-2002 05:38 PM
Charlie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Carter Click here to Send Charlie Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie Carter Add Charlie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Um ... admittedly I haven't read it but care to explain the title? "wore"? Is that a deliberate pun, or just a typo?

Old Post 12-11-2002 05:57 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

It's the whole past tense of wear. It might make sense if you read it. I'm not sure if it will, so if it doesn't i'll explain after.

Old Post 12-11-2002 06:05 PM
Venus

Don't I have to read the two pre-quels first? And is it shippy? And is the title a pun on War and Peace?

Old Post 12-11-2002 06:09 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

One : Yes, it is a pun on 'Peace and War'

Two : three prequels: Breaking the Rules, The Next Best Thing, and I Do.

Three : Shippy. soz.

Old Post 12-11-2002 06:21 PM
Venus

I'll just settle on congratulating you on the witty title then.

Witty title!!

Old Post 12-11-2002 06:25 PM
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

You don't have to read the other ones but jkust liek harry potter there wouild be less questions is you read the other ones.......Ladies i loved this one as well.......Likd how the girls actted true teen style.....You should have had Jo start to (Fake) cry when jack said that she looked nice and her say you think i'm fat don't you you think this makes me lokk fat. Kekekeke...Anyways nice story...am awaiting the next installment

Old Post 12-11-2002 10:20 PM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

Thanks, cham, and also, thankyou for my fantabulous sig!!! I luv you forever!!!

BTW, Jack's hat, email me 'Beginnings' and 'Intentions', please!

Old Post 12-12-2002 05:40 PM
jack's hat
other 1/2 of TeenBrigade

Hey ok I'm workin on it I'll get em to u know I ain't been on here 4 ages anyway thanks 4 the praise everyone

Old Post 12-15-2002 03:51 PM
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

Yes thanks to all, Beginning and Ends is the next one, on now!

Old Post 12-17-2002 04:58 PM
Yessir!

Great-now I'll go and read beginnings and ends.
Nice to see you can pretend to be a girly girl!

Old Post 12-18-2002 02:16 PM
Yessir! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Yessir! Click here to Send Yessir! a Private Message Find more posts by Yessir! Add Yessir! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote