Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Fan Fiction > Fic: Here I Am (Teasers_)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Blue Genes

Fic: Here I Am (Teasers)

Snippet 1//
~*~
?Admit it,? Isabel said between gasps for air. ?That was fun.?

?Okay,? Daniel admitted. ?That was... fun.?

Isabel looked up at Daniel as he stood before her and couldn?t help the slight gasp that escaped her lips. She couldn?t help it. She was keenly aware that she found Daniel cute at the best of times, but as he stood before her now, soaked through, he looked much more appealing than usual. She had to pause to wonder if that was possible.

Daniel was soaked through completely. His glasses were spattered with rain and much of his field of view obscured by the longer strands of hair that hung limply over his eyes and clung to his forehead. From what he could see, Isabel was in much the same state. Her usually golden hair fell about her shoulders in much darker blonde strands, some of which clung to her face and hung in her eyes.

Isabel looked him over slowly as she brushed her hair back from her eyes. Even the clothes Daniel had been wearing were now seductively clingy. His blue jeans were now dark with water. The dark green shirt he was wearing over a simple white T-shirt hung against him, framing every underlying curve and contour with perfect definition. Her eyes travelled back up to his and she felt drawn to act in the silence surrounding them, for the storm was long forgotten.

Against the deafening downpour which cast them into a bubble of imagined silence and serenity, they gazed at each other. Isabel smiled the smile that Daniel found himself thinking of when she wasn?t around before it slipped from her features altogether. An inquisitive look of exploration took over her features as she reached up to brush the sodden hair from his eyes. Before she made contact, she hesitated momentarily, but Daniel mirrored her actions, pushing both their hesitations aside.

Daniel stood still as he felt her fingers slide gently through his hair. Being much taller than her, he unconsciously leaned closer. As he felt her fingertips brush against his forehead when she swept the wet strands of hair back from his eyes. He was powerless to move, his focus caught completely on the rain trailing over her cheeks, her mouth and her lips. They had him hypnotised and without being fully aware of it, he gently brushed a strand of hair back from her cheek and let his fingertips rest there.

Isabel stared at him indirectly, his eyes still hidden from view behind streaked and spattered glasses. She watched the rain water ebb and flow over his features, gently down his cheeks, over his jawline and down his neck to where it met the cotton of his T-shirt. She let her fingertips trace the outline of his jaw in much the same way he had just done with hers and felt herself leaning towards him as her eyes began to drift closed.

Seeing Isabel cross a little more of the distance between them, Daniel finally closed it completely. His lips crossed hers gently in a tender kiss, their first. He was curious, his inquisitive nature still managing to get the best of him even in what had been their present situation. Now their situation was different from that of thirty seconds previous. A kiss could change everything...
~*~

Snippet 2//
~*~
Slowly she slid her hands from his and stood up. Her fingertips laced through the strands of hair covering his forehead and brushed them aside. Gently clutching his head to her, she leaned down and placed a soft kiss on his forehead.

"You're very brave," he said quietly after the moment of tenderness was over.

"What should I be afraid of?"

"I'll infect you."

"Oh," she said feining realisation.

"I'll make you sick, you'll feel awful..."

"I'm taking a big risk just being here," she continued their light banter.

"Huge," he replied looking up at her.

"Touching you..."

"Very risky..."

"I should probably..."

"Do it again," Daniel finished.

Isabel smiled at his boldness and leaned over him, pressing a gentle kiss to his lips...
~*~

Call it a teaser of things to come. If it sucks, well... sorry! Lol, it's my first attempt at an SG-1 fic and trust me, although this seems highly sappy and Daniel-oriented, the story WILL actually be more show-like than you think. *Whispers: these are only flashbacks* Still, comments always appreciated cause well, if SG1 fans don't like it, I'm doin' something wrong.

Oh and it's an AU fic... just for those who'll start yelling 'What about Sarah?!' at me later Teasers in the strictest sense, they hopefully won't give away that much plot till it's done. Suppose I'm just lookin' for the odd bit of feedback to help me out . Anything'd be appreciated

Blue Genes' Blog

Last edited by Blue Genes on 08-11-2002 at 09:08 PM

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 08-11-2002 08:53 PM
Blue Genes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Genes Click here to Send Blue Genes a Private Message Visit Blue Genes's homepage! Find more posts by Blue Genes Add Blue Genes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by Blue Genes
Oh and it's an AU fic... just for those who'll start yelling 'What about Sarah?!' at me later

WHAT ABOUT SHA'RE?!

Heh, I can see I'm gonna be your worst critic.

Having said that.... Not bad. Once you get past my first objection.

Old Post 08-11-2002 09:20 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

What? Teasers? That's worse than WIP you meanie!

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 08-11-2002 09:38 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Genes

Lol, well I've got most of the angst-ridden parts done, I'm just sorta filling in the story now but it's always nice to know that the way you're writing something for a new fandom isn't totally out there.

And Isabel is my own creation...! hehe, thought it'd be nice to have somethin' new to work with, plus there's a reason as you'll soon see.

Blue Genes' Blog

Old Post 08-11-2002 09:42 PM
Blue Genes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Genes Click here to Send Blue Genes a Private Message Visit Blue Genes's homepage! Find more posts by Blue Genes Add Blue Genes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

Ugh. The idea of Daniel kissing anyone (hmm...except for Sha're) for some reason disturbs me. I'm not to big on the ship, but the writing itself isn't bad.

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 08-11-2002 10:24 PM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Genes

Why is everyone so shippy sensitive? Hasn't anyone ever heard of appreciating a story for a story? Hmm, anyway... for those that can get past the issues of involving another character (before Sha're was ever introduced btw... these are flashbacks y'know... it says so above), I'm still writing so I'll post up the first chapter when it's been completed.

(Note: Problems arise when you end up writing the turning points of the story and most of the middle without a beginning, lol)

Blue Genes' Blog

Old Post 08-12-2002 03:27 PM
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

You go, girl.

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 08-12-2002 03:30 PM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote