Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Fan Fiction > The third STARG/\TE on planet earth: in Germany!
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Thor Jr
Live Long and don't die

ohhhh, that makes sense, I dont remember hearing that bit, I will have to listen out for them to say it one day.

I understand the blooper, I think they needed to find a way of cutting the russians stargate out of the story without having another 'the russians started using it again' episode, so they just found a way of blowing up the russians DHD, although, as you stated correctly, the SGC does have a DHD which has been seen in use in a US storage facility.

thor jr

Last edited by Thor Jr on 05-05-2002 at 11:12 AM

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 05-05-2002 11:10 AM
Thor Jr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thor Jr Click here to Send Thor Jr a Private Message Find more posts by Thor Jr Add Thor Jr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaila
Humor me.

I wonder what the Nazis thought of the DHD?

Old Post 05-05-2002 11:35 AM
Kaila is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kaila Click here to Send Kaila a Private Message Find more posts by Kaila Add Kaila to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaila
Humor me.

And the third Stargate is in Australia!! So NEENER!!!!

Old Post 05-05-2002 11:36 AM
Kaila is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kaila Click here to Send Kaila a Private Message Find more posts by Kaila Add Kaila to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dAWiDi
trace-a-holic

i think this thread is getting a bit too far away from its topic, so here's another pic... not with a gate, but still it's kinda cool i think...

(the original wall picture is from a 13th century monastery where i lived until i was 4 years old - no, not as a monk)

Old Post 05-14-2002 08:15 AM
dAWiDi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dAWiDi Click here to Send dAWiDi a Private Message Visit dAWiDi's homepage! Find more posts by dAWiDi Add dAWiDi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Was that from when you were mad? You know, Machellos hand device?!

Old Post 05-14-2002 08:48 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

That is soo kewl!! And I like the way you did the reflection thingy on the ground ...

Old Post 05-14-2002 10:45 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dAWiDi
trace-a-holic

the reflections were rather stupid to create... usually i would have taken the time to come up with a 3D environment in which the lights would be calculated and then superimpose the result with the photograph... but this time i just used a paint program's "spray pen" tool and did it the simple way... it probably looks even better this way, but it's not my normal approach.

Old Post 05-14-2002 01:09 PM
dAWiDi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dAWiDi Click here to Send dAWiDi a Private Message Visit dAWiDi's homepage! Find more posts by dAWiDi Add dAWiDi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mysterious1

I just wanted to add aomething to the DHD thing. The reason they didn't use the DHD in the storage facility is because it ran out of energy sortly after they recovered it. They mentioned that somewhere in the season six episode Frozen.

Old Post 07-13-2002 10:08 PM
Mysterious1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mysterious1 Click here to Send Mysterious1 a Private Message Visit Mysterious1's homepage! Find more posts by Mysterious1 Add Mysterious1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

urm...wrong thread

so dawidi...anymore of these if you still come to the site?

Old Post 07-13-2002 10:46 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Well, his email is on at least that last image, so you could always email him.

Old Post 07-13-2002 11:16 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dAWiDi
trace-a-holic

hmm.. yeah... somehow i finished school and now i'm doing a six-weeks practical (at www.iaag.net) and don't have much time left for being creative... anyway i'm still alive and I put HQ versions of the above images on my home page, http://www.xxs-swp.de .

in case you visit the site, please tell me whether the menu "tree" at the left looks strange in your browser (like too much left-margin for the first element in each folder).

So, I still have some ideas and I'll certainly bring them to disk (and the web) as soon as possible, but I'm just busy these days.

Old Post 07-14-2002 03:11 PM
dAWiDi
trace-a-holic

finally I got some time to be creative, and here you get the result: a background picture that makes your desktop look like the SGC.

this is just a preview - the full-res version (1024x768, or higher if requested) will be available on my home page within the next few days. - www.xxs-swp.de

Old Post 07-20-2002 08:46 PM
dAWiDi
trace-a-holic

i uploaded it now - get it in the "pictures/stargate" section of www.xxs-swp.de

Old Post 07-21-2002 07:30 PM
dAWiDi
trace-a-holic

and another picture... remember the moon (not a planet ) from "prodigy"? that's where the idea of those energy dots comes from. of course those would never be able to cross the event horizon...

Old Post 07-25-2002 07:40 PM