Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > New Poll
Should there be a 7th season of SG-1?
Yes, I'm dying to see more! Anything for more SG-1
Yes, as long as no more characters quit.
They should leave it at season 6.
They should make a good spin off series.
They should make an SG-1 movie.
SG-1 sux already, I am an "Infinity" fan.
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tupat
Fruit Loop

Go to strange new worlds and force them to eat things that all,
taste like chicken ?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 09-21-2002 09:06 PM
Tupat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tupat Click here to Send Tupat a Private Message Find more posts by Tupat Add Tupat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otis
Egyptaholic

Yes, as long as no more characters quit. They should make a good spin off series. They should make an SG-1 movie.

My choice, also. I will admit Iwatched Infinity this morning. It was cute, but not SG-1 fulfilling.

What wold you think of a spin-off centering on Daniel in his ascended form?

Old Post 09-21-2002 11:37 PM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

Otis, anything from a different planet's POV. Maybe a show about the 4-race allience.

Or yeah, maybe Teal'C could do a cooking show with Martha Stewart.

Old Post 09-22-2002 02:28 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

And you can't forget the hats.

Old Post 09-22-2002 03:19 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xenia
Starsi

Daniel in his ascended form? serious wigging out!
not saying it's a bad idea tho.

hats. yes. must Have hats.
pink and green hats.

no i am NOT stoned. but that's what all stoned people say.

www.mysmilies.com

Old Post 09-22-2002 11:42 PM
Xenia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xenia Click here to Send Xenia a Private Message Find more posts by Xenia Add Xenia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

That they're not stoned?

And what is with the hats?

I don't really care either way as long as they concentrate on the movie and spin off and not have sucky storylines.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 09-23-2002 11:48 AM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marleen
Haai!

Anything, as long as O'Neill's (dry) humor stays in.
Nightwalkers IMHO just lacked O'Neillisms.

Old Post 09-23-2002 12:21 PM
Marleen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marleen Click here to Send Marleen a Private Message Find more posts by Marleen Add Marleen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bikemancs
See you in January

more...?!

ok, I think that SG-1 should continue for another season...but what about an SG-2 or SG-5...why not explore what some of the other teams have done (like the Marines, Medics, Diplomats Scientists Etc...) Personally I enjoyed "The other Guys" and I think it would be fun to see more of them.

We know other teams have had fun missions, maybe it could be the "missing missions" You know like when another SG Team comes through the gate and asks for SG-1s help, why not see what just happened to that other team? I mean that would be some pretty cool stuff, at least I think so...

I will see you next year because that's when I'll be back on. have a merry christmas a Happy New Year and a good holiday for those of you for whom the above does not apply.

ANUBIS you still have to send me your pic!!!!!!! :angry:

Old Post 09-23-2002 07:18 PM
bikemancs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bikemancs Click here to Send bikemancs a Private Message Visit bikemancs's homepage! Find more posts by bikemancs Add bikemancs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
webmouse
Fearless Mouse

RDA has made known his desire to spend more time with his family and work on environmental projects. Most of the concern about the loss of characters centers on RDA's participation or lack thereof in a 7th season.

I think I could tolerate the loss of O'Neill (retired from the military, make occasional guest appearances), a team headed by Carter, with Teal'c, Jonas, and -- well, I think Daniel would have to return in some capacity, if not as a full-team member. Somehow the connection to the original film needs to be maintained in one of the two main characters from the film.

Otherwise at some point it isn't SG1 anymore. If the focus becomes one of the other teams, then its a spin-off and not a 7th season at all.

Queen of De Nile

Old Post 09-23-2002 09:57 PM
webmouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for webmouse Click here to Send webmouse a Private Message Visit webmouse's homepage! Find more posts by webmouse Add webmouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

hmmm.. its interesting to look at the poll, and not be able to see any real clear winner, as most of these type of questions have in the past. Its my understanding that the entire fandom is pretty much split evenly. Shall be interesting to see the fall out whatever happens

Old Post 09-24-2002 02:52 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
webmouse
Fearless Mouse

I think the varied answers are based on the lack of knowledge of what is possible and what is being contemplated. So much of what people want or expect from a 7th season or a spin off or a feature film depends on factors beyond our control.

Will RDA leave? Will MS return? Will it stop being SG1 altogether and morph into something else? At what point does it cease to be 7th season of SG1 and become Season 1 of something else?

Some of the recent stories have gotten weak with plots nicked from other sources. If the writers can't produce interesting plots, then it doesn't really matter who's in the cast. Even a great actor cannot save a bad script.

If a 7th season can recapture the essence of what SG1 makes unique and give Jonas a chance to develop as a full character, then I'm all for it. If it is just going to limp along until oblivion begins to look attractive, then it is better to go out on top and focus on a great feature film for the original cast.

As for a spin-off, it doesn't really help just to recast and put SG5 out there instead of SG1. If the stories aren't there for SG1 then they won't be there for SG5 either. Having a team stranded off-world on an interesting, highly diverse planet, no gate access, but perhaps a sort of a space port where aliens come and go might be one thought. (Yep, sounds a little like DS9, I know)

And then there's the 'lost in space' angle -- been done, of course -- but could spend a season or two wandering in an alien ship on the far side of the galaxy, only finding planets where the gates have been de-activated or destroyed.

Theatre of all sorts (live, film, TV, etc.) requires but two things -- an actor and an audience. It is a symbiotic process where both parties give something of themselves to create the theatrical experience. If any show is going to work it is in the interests of the producers to know the mind of the intended audience and as long as the audience remains open-minded to a variety of possibilities, the interchange can produce a satisfying program for all involved.

It would help if some information from TPTB gave us some hints about what is being considered and if they are receptive to responsible feed-back.

Queen of De Nile

Old Post 09-24-2002 11:39 AM
webmouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for webmouse Click here to Send webmouse a Private Message Visit webmouse's homepage! Find more posts by webmouse Add webmouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tula
Gypsy

I dunno - its a great series, RDA humor really makes the shows, but, but....... look what happened to the X-files, it ran on and on and on and on.................... eventually all semblance to the really great and original show was gone.

what is the term they use, jumping the shark, fish, whale - whatever. I hope that TPTB do not go on too long and it looses all its street cred.

Still, I love the show at the moment.

I got a Noddy Badge for Being *Nuked*

Old Post 09-27-2002 05:25 PM
Tula is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tula Click here to Send Tula a Private Message Find more posts by Tula Add Tula to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmg

quote:
Originally posted by Queen Lou
I don't think SG1 should continue for much longer. They seem to be comming desperate for plot lines. They should end it with dignity while they can. I think they should leave it off at season 6 and finish it with a movie. Then if its still popular make an independant spin off series.

I whole-heartedly agree, but how did you vote since end at S6 and the movie are two separate choices?

I'm just going to choose the movie assuming it means no S7.

Old Post 09-29-2002 06:21 PM
kmg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kmg Click here to Send kmg a Private Message Find more posts by kmg Add kmg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmg

BTW, I hate polls outside of rating an episode.

Old Post 09-29-2002 06:24 PM
kmg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kmg Click here to Send kmg a Private Message Find more posts by kmg Add kmg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arrow
im thinkin,im thinkin!!

what is up with all the conundrums? hell, Sg1 has been running for, what, 6 years now? it's a great show granted, but with all that has already happened to SG1 itself, a spinoff series or in fact, too many further series' would have little or no plot lines to go on. whilst i would love for stargate to go on forever, one of these days we will have to concede to the series finishing for good.
with all the existing characters getting older and wishing to move on, or perhaps leave show-biz altogether, why should they not be allowed to do as such once their contracts expire. and whilst talks with MGM continue about the possibilty of a second SG movie, the original writers are still up in arms at the idea of integrating SG1 into that movie and wish to revert back to the "original" , and i use that term very loosely, actors portraying the different characters.
one by one we will have to realise that the greatness of the show as it is now will degrade and corrode until it becomes just a shadow of its former glory.
whilst i voted for SG1 to continue into a 7th season, i am not so naive not to realise that without DJ there will be no real SG1 feel, and if further actors leave...disaster will strike.
so i say, let sg1 continue for 1 or 2 more seasons, then finish our beloved baby up with a movie. who knows, maybe when we are all old and grey, a new SG series will be born, and like star trek before it, become the new sci-fi show that can never truly die.

Old Post 10-03-2002 10:59 PM
arrow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arrow Click here to Send arrow a Private Message Find more posts by arrow Add arrow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote