Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Schedules and Air Dates > what are the chances....?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jaffa, Kree!

what are the chances....?

If channel 7 keeps going the way they are, AUSTRALIA might actually catch up to the US for season 5... or at least, be only 4-5 eps behind, and not a whole year or something...

do you think they'll continue with season 5 after a SHORT break over christmas, or will we have tol hold our breath until october or something..?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-24-2001 03:35 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Depends on whetther or not Channel 7 has bought the rights to air those episodes in Season 5. If they haven't, they'll re-run the ones they already have.

At least, that is what happens here in the States. In syndication, they run a season once through, then re-run in the middle of the same season again. Once the second run is complete, they pick up on the new season.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 11-24-2001 04:20 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

i would have just assumed that they buy the whole season at once... or maybe MGM put a hold on what episodes a network can buy, depending on where the world they are..? So that other countries are deliberatly behind...? But then, how does that explain Sky-one? and isn't there a seperate agreement in regards to being to re-run episodes (ie: buy the right to that aswell)?

FYI - channel 7 doesn't show re-runs. At least not of Sg-1. They haven't even shown re-runs of Buffy, one of it's most popular series, for over a year, IIRC

Old Post 11-24-2001 05:13 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oFFaL
You Spam - You Die

Well all the other shows are starting to wrap up this week and there is no indication that Stargate is so HOPEFULLY we'll see up to Wormhole X-Treme but it probably won't happen knowing Channel 7.

At the least, we'll see up to about Episode 6 or 7 I think. If if they stop showing it, it won't be coming back for a while, you know what they're like.

Old Post 11-25-2001 09:59 AM
oFFaL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oFFaL Click here to Send oFFaL a Private Message Visit oFFaL's homepage! Find more posts by oFFaL Add oFFaL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by Jaffa, Kree!
So that other countries are deliberatly behind...? But then, how does that explain Sky-one?

Sky One is just a great channel! Maybe it's just really rich, and can afford to have everything first... I know they get stuff like Buffy, Mutant X, X-Files and Voyager pretty quickly as well. OK, I'm not really helping here....

Old Post 11-25-2001 10:21 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

sky one is the home of sky fi, i mean sci fi, and besides, rupert murdoch owns it, so that should answer your q's.

Old Post 11-25-2001 10:35 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

OK, here's another one...

quote:
Originally posted by president doc
rupert murdoch owns it

Who?

Old Post 11-25-2001 11:17 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

rupert murdoch (or "miserable bastard" as we call him at college, as when we were doing a project on him we couldn't find a picture of him smiling).

he's really rich, owns sky, 20th Century Fox and was what Jonathon Price's character in Tomorrow Never Dies was based on.

That help?

Old Post 11-25-2001 02:32 PM
The Ash Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Ash Man Click here to Send The Ash Man a Private Message Find more posts by The Ash Man Add The Ash Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

he also owns star tv, which is indias and asias sky tv... he gets the fun poked out of him by one of his many networks most popular programmes the Simpsons...teeheehee

Old Post 11-25-2001 03:41 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Thanx guys. Although I'll have to watch Tomorrow Never dies again....

Old Post 11-25-2001 04:44 PM
Jaffa, Kree!

he also owns about half of Australia.. (the asians own the other half)

Old Post 11-26-2001 03:59 AM
oFFaL
You Spam - You Die

Well, I just checked the new TV Week.

After this weeks episode (Ascension) we will be going back to repeats (something unexpected) starting with Bloodlines on the 6th December.

Wish they would of shown Season 1... grrrr I really want Politics on tape, only one I don't have (that and the 45 seconds of The Torment of Tantalus that I accidently taped over with an SG-1 ad I was trying to get)

Old Post 11-26-2001 05:59 AM
oFFaL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oFFaL Click here to Send oFFaL a Private Message Visit oFFaL's homepage! Find more posts by oFFaL Add oFFaL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

lol @ oFFal.

So this rupert guy is like a Bill Gates then? Or better?! Why does he own half of Oz?

Last edited by Venus on 11-26-2001 at 06:32 AM

Old Post 11-26-2001 06:20 AM
oFFaL
You Spam - You Die

Oh bah, Bloodlines is S1... I always get it and Family mixed up. So looks like I might get Politics after all! Yay! Annoyed now though that Torment of Tantalus is the episode BEFORE Bloodlines.... grrrr... oh well, it is at least still down at the Video Shop (I think) where as I can't find Politics anywhere.

Old Post 11-26-2001 10:52 AM
Venus

lol @ oFFal (again)... no pleasing some people....!

OK, well, one of my friends is like a total Bill Gates fanatic, and he reckons you're wrong and that Rupert Murdoch doesn't own Oz, but he owns some of Man U or soemthing?

Old Post 11-26-2001 06:01 PM