Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > where'd the goa'uld get their tech from?
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

But, to adapt is to evolve. Any change in the genetic/biological/whatever make-up of an entity is an evolution.

Also, just because it takes a long time to evolve doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

She hitched a ride to misery

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-18-2002 12:36 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duke Enmes?rr
Renegade Serpent Guard!

Over millenia and millenia since the Universe was created the Goa'uld have been waiting in there swamps for inocent hosts to transport them to places where they can evolve their own technology. As less and less Ancients came to be posessed a wave of self preservation ignoted the evilness in all Goa'ulds to a point where they started to take control of all the planetary Governers. eventually not one one ancient was normal. Either hosting a Goa'uld or hosting a symbiote. After consuming all the available technology that was present at that time, the now Godlike hosts started to conquer and divide one another. This has been going on for millenia now and that is why the Goa'uld have not been able to advance very much. They have not had the time or resouces to. only recently since the fall of some of the more prominent System lords has there been time for research and development. Baal and his gravitic labs, Anubis and his many "advancements, Sheild modifications to Ribbbon devices, new battles against the lesser-now advanced species liek the Nox, Azgard, slaves (Tau'ri), Tok'ra (traitors) and more battles yet with their counter parts. I conclude!

Old Post 11-23-2002 08:45 AM
Duke Enmes?rr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duke Enmes?rr Click here to Send Duke Enmes?rr a Private Message Find more posts by Duke Enmes?rr Add Duke Enmes?rr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Jaffa, Kree! could you un-nuke my post second from the bottom on page 3 and I'll edit all the flame out of it please? It was key to the topic and I can't remember what I said.

Old Post 11-23-2002 09:59 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Sorry for double posting but I can't rebutt in the edit window, no previous posts.
What? (pm me, if you're gonna reply)

A statement without evidence is meaningless.
It's just his opinion, you don't have to ear it apart, be tolerant. God knows we are with you. If you're gonna quote so much, can you not just put it in bold or something, so it doesn't take up quite so much space?

Old Post 11-23-2002 10:16 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Rolling on floor laughing at venus,
He is however right, a statement without evidence is nigh on as useless if there isn't evidence, but evolution can mean many things, clearly i believe that the only evolution is when something takes leaps and bounds, however others may believe otherways.

Old Post 11-25-2002 05:03 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duke Enmes?rr
Renegade Serpent Guard!

Ok I just put that one in there to see the responce. But How long have the Goa'uld been around? Were they around in the time of the Ancients? Is it a possibility, that they havent changed at all?

Old Post 11-25-2002 05:44 AM
Duke Enmes?rr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duke Enmes?rr Click here to Send Duke Enmes?rr a Private Message Find more posts by Duke Enmes?rr Add Duke Enmes?rr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man of less sorrow

Not much, they are only parasites, the only reason they are even sentient is because they took unas hosts.

Old Post 11-25-2002 05:46 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

the only reason they are even sentient is because they took unas hosts.
How did you come to that conclusion?

Not much, they are only parasites
So what? Thay are alive, sentient and parasitic or not, that does not affect their evolutionary role. They evolve every generationjust like ever other species.

Old Post 11-25-2002 05:49 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man of less sorrow

When a parasite comes out of its gene pool it knows exactly zip, when the took the unas they learnt about their own existence through the eyes of the unas, as the evil beings they are. gtg to rocky's party chat u later.

Old Post 11-25-2002 05:51 AM
Duke Enmes?rr
Renegade Serpent Guard!

By "evolution" do you mean bodily parts (wings, legs) or do you mean chemicaly (smarter, more instincts, better sences)?

You have said something about this earlier, but say again. The whole thing, about evolution. Not Darwin or anything.

Old Post 11-25-2002 05:52 AM
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

When a parasite comes out of its gene pool it knows exactly zipWhen any other creature comes out of the gene pool (not quite getting that) it knows just as zip. They can develop just as effectively. The Goa'uld are no different. Parasitic or not. They function just like any other creature. They would require to become sentient before hopping into another species otherwise they would just roll around on the ground.

Old Post 11-25-2002 06:03 AM
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Angry

quote:
Originally posted by _.:?nubis:._
Adapt is not evolve, many evolutions do not think it is anyway. And as to this You aren't even done research on the subject, i on the other hand have done extensive research into genetic history of Animals and sometimes evolution goes backward after birth we call this Inbreeding

Adapt is not evolve,
On the contrary, that's exactly what evolve is, not to get better or worse, but simply adapt.

You aren't even done research on the subject
No not I, but my dad has. You know the PhD? His thesis was on this topic. I'm taking all my information from him (see bibliography)

i on the other hand have done extensive research into genetic history of Animals
Keep researching .

sometimes evolution goes backward after birth we call this Inbreeding Are you arguing for me or what? If anything this actually supports what I've been saying: that every generation is an evolution. And inbreeding is not a reverse of evolution. Just a narrowing of the gene pool so that there is a greater chance of bogus recessive genes surfacing in the feno-type.

BIBLIOGRAPHY
1. My father: Perry Caple, PhD: Veterinary Science, Bachelor of Science: Veterinary Science.

Last edited by Lord ?okar on 11-25-2002 at 06:17 AM

Old Post 11-25-2002 06:14 AM
Jaffa, Kree!

guess what guys! you're off topic and you dont look like getting back on it! PLUS - you cant seem to get along, so HAHAHA THREAD CLOSED.

Old Post 11-25-2002 08:50 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote