Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > How many references to gaters.net can Stargate make?
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

Question How many references to gaters.net can Stargate make?

Welcome to the Spin off "How Amanda made my day" thread...How many references to gaters.net can Stargate make?

Original reference by Doc went like this:
"SG-1 go through the Stargate and on the other side they get caught up in a net. Carter says "Hmmm...this must be some type of gaters net" she turns and winks at the camera twice."

And here is one that i have came up with:
One day Doc Fraiser is mumbling to carter and she says "You know what? One day I think I'll become General and from there who knows what might happen? I may run for president. "

Carter states:
Or, we haven't approached the gate physics assuming a Bose-Einstein Condesnate frame of reference.... the answer was staring us in the face...

And Jack states on one occassion about doing something dangerous:
"Oh yeah, and who do you think I am, Indy? "

What can you come up with Kids? And remember to wink twice at teh camera afterwards

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-17-2002 07:46 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Ah yeah, something like this would be funny as a kind of Wormhole X-Treme episode. One of those nods to the fans. I'd be well pleased at something like that. Some silly reference to spam and certain members might be funny.

Old Post 11-17-2002 07:58 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Yeah, Like Teal'c in a dangerous situation saying:

"ooooh I wish that president doc who posts on gaters.net and lives in london and is a brown dude were here to save me"

Its often been said that theres disinformation about the gate on the web, and the NID communicates via the web, so maybe something to do with that, or maybe even just gaters.net on in the back ground somewhere.....

and then hammond walks into frame and goes...

EDIT:
Or perhaps Sam making a reference to bose einstein condensates, Jack commenting on how "this mr Bose Einstein must have been a smart guy"
Sam trying to explain that "sir, actually bose einstein is in reference to two leading minds in..."
and jack cutting her off and telling her to spare him the details....

Last edited by president doc on 11-17-2002 at 09:15 PM

Old Post 11-17-2002 08:58 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

Teal'c and Jack are having a conversation. Sam runs up and starts blabbing about some gate discovery she has had and Jack looks at her and tells her "excuse you, spamdinger".

Old Post 11-17-2002 11:10 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Red Spud
with a dislike for twats

The team step through the gate. Jack notices something odd growing in the ground.

Jack: What's that?
Carter: Looks like a Red Spud

Industrial Light & Magic jokingly created " The Stephen Sommers Scale" to measure the extent of digital effects used in a given movie scene: the upper end of the scale, called "What Steve Sommers Wants," comes right after "Oh God, The Computer's About To Crash!"

Old Post 11-17-2002 11:24 PM
Red Spud is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Red Spud Click here to Send Red Spud a Private Message Visit Red Spud's homepage! Find more posts by Red Spud Add Red Spud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

ummm... Apophis comes back and says, 'Jaffa, KREE!'

oh, er...

HAHAHHA i win.

Old Post 11-18-2002 12:48 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KMInfinity
Nereid

LOL--But you only win because your name is so.... uh.... omnipresent, not because it was origin... er, difficult to place in a scene.

Here's mine :

Sam to all during a briefing : "We've noted that calculations on the cartouche began with the symbol for omnipresence--a single red eye. Then came infinity*, represented by a snake looped over and swallowing its tail. Daniel and I have spent quite a lot of time analyzing ......"
Jack: Do I need to know any of this?"

*I cheated a bit-- came infinity has nearly the same phonemic sound as kminfinity when spoken aloud.

What's remarkable about science fiction is that it's literature at its best. It doesn't exist because high schools require students to read it, or because grants are given out for it.... or because colleges have embedded it in their curriculum. It exists because it speaks to people. James Morrow

Old Post 11-18-2002 01:24 AM
KMInfinity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KMInfinity Click here to Send KMInfinity a Private Message Find more posts by KMInfinity Add KMInfinity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

ok, i don't really have one to add, but i would just like to say that the day that they made an Wormhole X-treme episode to do with Gaters and the fans, would be one of the best days of my life!!! they'd probly never do that, but that would be soooooooooooooooo sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S, i'll think of one later!!!

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 11-18-2002 02:47 AM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

they DID do one for the fans!! it was called.... wait for it... WORMHOLE X TREME!....

Granted, for the fans and the crew, but really, they dont have that much time and money to dedicate one for each.. or indeed, another one at all (sorry to shatter the dream, but the best we can hope for is a reference in a normal episode..)

But still, even THAT would be cool there is still time for another 'Urgo' or 'WoO'

EDITED: actually, you know what would be really cool? A special little 'for the fans' 'home video', made after their final ep or something.. bloopers and other fun stuff and references for the fans, to be added as an extra on a DVD or something. X Files used to do them every now and then, they were HILARIOUS.

Last edited by Jaffa, Kree! on 11-18-2002 at 03:50 AM

Old Post 11-18-2002 03:48 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

Blooper reels are what I'd want more than anything. Can you imagine all the antics that go on back there? It's like they've got a mini comedy show they film for free...
want... now...

"That's Kazula Sagari."
"I didn't get his name, I was too busy getting my ass licked... Kicked! He kicked my ass! He didn't lick it... well, maybe he did."
Sorry, but you mentioned XF bloopers, and I couldn't resist...

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 11-18-2002 03:56 AM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

*dies from laughter*

(nothing more you can say, really..)

Old Post 11-18-2002 04:11 AM
TheOneKEA
You shot me! DIE!!

hahahahahahahahaha

I would kill for a SG-1 blooper DVD. heeheehee

No NUKAGE yet!

Old Post 11-18-2002 10:02 AM
TheOneKEA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheOneKEA Click here to Send TheOneKEA a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneKEA Add TheOneKEA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Bloopers just show how much the actor stuffs up I like the Gaters.net Idea even better.

Old Post 11-18-2002 10:26 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

You all have easy names to do, damn you all!

Well, most of you do.

I'd love to see them do both. I'd love to see the bloopers from Urgo (they're supposed to be great).

They could always go for the direct route. Have someone at the SGC wander across a message board for the show Wormhole X-treme. It worked for The West Wing.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 11-18-2002 10:32 AM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by Kamakazi Casper
It worked for The West Wing.

Were they alluding to an actual board and actual fans?!

Old Post 11-18-2002 10:49 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote