Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Upside Down Stargate
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gazmaster
Ass Man

quote:
Originally posted by Kamakazi Casper
Thanks. I really needed to know that, really.

ARGHHH!!!!!!!!!! i dont like snakes!!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-14-2001 08:38 AM
gazmaster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gazmaster Click here to Send gazmaster a Private Message Find more posts by gazmaster Add gazmaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

quote:
Originally posted by Venus
...Tell me about it.... (Psst, KC, I think we should lock puddy and gaz in a room together... look what happened in D&C with Anise and Jack!)

what the hell is that supposed to mean... the guy is a pain in the ass and his posts end up making no sense... how could you say that!!! that is a really nasty thing to say you two
apoligise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that has really peeved me off ...so not funny
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 12-14-2001 12:03 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Locutus
of Borg

The gate is pretty much round.. As is evidenced in "Exodus". (Won't say *how*, if you've seen the ep, you'll know.)

Old Post 12-14-2001 02:59 PM
Locutus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Locutus Click here to Send Locutus a Private Message Find more posts by Locutus Add Locutus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gazmaster
Ass Man

damnit, im sure in my fit of rage i posted some stuff that was sure to provoke the false god of this board into sending me a mail waring me that i will be kicked off.

my e-mail address is [email protected] if you wanna send me the mail about my excessive use of profanity and bad spelling/poor grammar.

Old Post 12-14-2001 03:19 PM
gazmaster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gazmaster Click here to Send gazmaster a Private Message Find more posts by gazmaster Add gazmaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

The people you should be apologising to are the ones you offended with your language. And the ones that have been asking you to stop swearing.

Old Post 12-14-2001 03:51 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Thank you nug. And gaz, it's OK, I don't wanna get personal, I'll just say it here, and see if anyone else supports me.

puddy, I was jooooking! But I'll take it back then... even if you do insist in continually posting sam and jack stuff....

Last edited by Venus on 12-14-2001 at 03:57 PM

Old Post 12-14-2001 03:54 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

Ok, I don't care for profanity. Exspecially when it comes to postes online and it's in every post nearly. You've got time when you type it up to censure yourself. If you need it Microsoft word has a thesaurous on it. Just keep it open while you type and use it when you need it. You don't have to say that stuff, search my posts, I don't.

Thanks for saying something nug.

Old Post 12-14-2001 08:07 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

ok, i've said pretty much everything on other threads. no swearing or language offends me, but i don't find it fun to read posts filled with swearing. as my dad would say "this is not a playground", so in posts, you're not talking with your mates, so why swear?

quote:
damnit, im sure in my fit of rage i posted some stuff that was sure to provoke the false god of this board into sending me a mail waring me that i will be kicked off.

and that's just asking to be kicked off

Old Post 12-15-2001 12:23 AM
The Ash Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Ash Man Click here to Send The Ash Man a Private Message Find more posts by The Ash Man Add The Ash Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

I'd kick 'em off for posting just that.

Old Post 12-15-2001 12:33 AM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mattz

To complicate matters we also have to think about when they enter the Stargate it shows the sequence before the matter reaches the other gate. One part it shows you spinning around. Is there a set number of spins it has for every world or is it different each time because of the distance...

Old Post 12-15-2001 11:45 PM
Mattz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mattz Click here to Send Mattz a Private Message Find more posts by Mattz Add Mattz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

quote:

If I had things going my way on the show, passing through the event horizon of an incoming Stargate wormhole wouldn't do anything to you at all. You'd simply walk through it and end up behind the gate as if the wormhole weren't even there?the logic being that you weren't "eventing" anything?the event horizon isn't supposed to be doing anything to you on the receiving end.

In "100 Days", my theory would hold water with the idea that the MALP, after shooting up and out of the Stargate in a vertical trajectory, fell through the event horizon and slammed into the dirt underneath it, smashing the MALP's camera and antenna. When the SGC re-activated the Stargate to let Teal'c go, the votrex then vaporized the probe.

It would also explain why the guy at the beginning of "New Ground" was able to dip his hand into the event horizon of the wormhole. His hand was simply passing unaffected through the opaque energy field and would have made contact with the rock behind it, but at that moment the MALP came rolling through and so he pulled it away.

The only possible "ouchie" situation that may pop up is if someone who was walking through the incoming event horizon happened to do so at the exact same instant an object offworld emerged through the Stargate. Their molecules would have merged with a most excruciating result.

Totally agree with this post. 100 days annoyed the crap outta me, because that just wouldn't happen.

Old Post 12-16-2001 01:28 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

I would love to have an episode just about wormhole physics written by, yea I'm going to mention him again, Michio Kaku. Atleast it would be pretty accurate and come up with some awsome theories.

Pretty much the reason I posted this is I noticed the newest person to this thread was into physics, and he mentioned Super-string theory in his bio or something.

Old Post 12-16-2001 02:54 AM
president doc

Yeah, but you see, the thing is.. NO!!!

itd be like...argh, hed just have to change everything! and make all the stargate episodes meaningless!

Old Post 12-16-2001 10:37 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

lol, and y'know, he probably has better things to do. Like work out some astrophysical formulae...

Old Post 12-16-2001 11:08 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Orientation is perhaps not something to care about, I mean, you guys in Australia are all upside down as fas as I am concerned. If I were to gate to Sydney, would I appear upside down. No. The very fact that we are able to think of this precludes the matter from Stargate Design. For example, when your web browser creates a connection between you and this message board it goes through "handshaking" so both it and you agree on a set of common protocols. It makes sense that a similar event occurs with Stargates.

Old Post 12-16-2001 03:04 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote