Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > SG-1 to return for season 7
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

you wernt reading were you
the info has been confirmed as false so we dont know yet

*love your sig though*

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 09-14-2002 07:15 AM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jules

I too will believe it when it comes from a more reliable source. As for the much loved Farscape, as far as I can tell it was doomed long b4 any rumours of SG1 running into season 7,,,,,

Old Post 09-17-2002 10:08 AM
jules is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jules Click here to Send jules a Private Message Find more posts by jules Add jules to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scarab19

Location: From the deepest inner mind to the Outer Limits. Please stand by.

I'm not too sad that there won't be an S7. I'm extremely disappointed with S6. I haven't seen much of it, but of the ten or so eps that I have seen, "The Other Guys" is the only one that didn't nearly put me to sleep. SG-1 used to be about exploration, adventure, and the occasional shootout with the Goa'uld. Now, it's just politics, investigations, and talking about what they're going to do and then catching up with them after it's already done, so we get all the talk and button-pushing but no more action, nothing else like the exciting episodes of the first two or three seasons. SG-1 became a 'pale shadow of itself' long before characters started leaving. Will CSpanGate SG-1 be renewed for another year of standing around and discussing? I don't really care. Full Circle and the movie sound like they'll be great, from what I've heard so far. I'm more interested that SG-1 end on a good note, and it sounds like it will.

As for a chance at renewal, keep in mind that this is the Sci-Fi channel we're talking about. What's the longest they've kept a show that didn't begin on their network? Sliders lasted two, most others last one. Once you see the Sci-Fi logo at the bottom of the screen, that should be the end of all questions as to how much longer the show has.

Old Post 09-19-2002 12:05 AM
Scarab19 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scarab19 Click here to Send Scarab19 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarab19 Add Scarab19 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColJ
Jack O'Neill's De-briefer

quote:
I'm extremely disappointed with S6. I haven't seen much of it, but of the ten or so eps that I have seen, "The Other Guys" is the only one that didn't nearly put me to sleep. SG-1 used to be about exploration, adventure, and the occasional shootout with the Goa'uld. Now, it's just politics, investigations, and talking about what they're going to do and then catching up with them after it's already done, so we get all the talk and button-pushing but no more action,

HUH ? You must be watching a different SG1 then I am.

I just wish they'd finally make up their minds re season 7 and let the cast and crew know once and for all. They all have their careers on hold until the decision is made.

Old Post 09-19-2002 05:56 AM
ColJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColJ Click here to Send ColJ a Private Message Find more posts by ColJ Add ColJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scarab19

Location: From the deepest inner mind to the Outer Limits. Please stand by.

I thought that the decision was already made, and it ends with the S6 finale, and then comes the movie, and then comes Atlantis.

Old Post 09-19-2002 06:49 AM
Scarab19 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scarab19 Click here to Send Scarab19 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarab19 Add Scarab19 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

Location: USA!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!! I'm the biggest gater in NEW ENGLAND!

I don't want Atlantis, but I've been reading that season 7 is on the way... Can't Brad Wright or one of those big shots just come out and say "yes" or "no"

At this point, I don't care either way.

Old Post 09-19-2002 03:42 PM
Erishian42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Erishian42 Click here to Send Erishian42 a Private Message Find more posts by Erishian42 Add Erishian42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

It's not Brad Wright, it's MGM/SciFi. The money has to be there to do it so they're the ones to make the initial decision.

But my understanding always was that BW was not that interested, he's tired and ready to move on to something new, and RDA isn't interested, he wants to semi-retire. Also there filming the last episode, aren't they, so someone has to decide really really soon or else the sets will start to get dismantled and people will be finding other jobs.

It's kind of like a dying relative who's death is long and painful - at some point you stop hoping for a miracle, and just want the uncertainty over with.

Old Post 09-19-2002 04:17 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColJ

The final decision is coming soon, possibly this week or next . Brad Wright said at gatecon that he will stay on as a consultant if there is a season 7. Hopefully they will be able to persuade RDA to do at least half the eps anyway. Corin N already has a 2 yr contract.

Old Post 09-20-2002 04:56 AM
ColJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColJ Click here to Send ColJ a Private Message Find more posts by ColJ Add ColJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tupat
Fruit Loop

I thought RDA had said he would only think about S7,
if it was made in L.A. I know that would push costs way higher so can't see how that would happen.

Old Post 09-20-2002 05:06 AM
Tupat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tupat Click here to Send Tupat a Private Message Find more posts by Tupat Add Tupat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

RDA said that season six was definitly his last. Or he did anyway.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 09-20-2002 12:46 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaijyu
Num Num, Birdy Num Num!!!

How much money do you think it would take to get RDA for one more season?

Old Post 09-20-2002 03:02 PM
Kaijyu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kaijyu Click here to Send Kaijyu a Private Message Find more posts by Kaijyu Add Kaijyu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

10 million.

Old Post 09-20-2002 03:03 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColJ

Well, considering what other stars of long running series get, I think he's worth at least one million an ep. There's no way they'd move production to LA, so they'd have to give him alot of time off.

Old Post 09-21-2002 03:00 AM