Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > What happened...
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
The Keeper
Administrator

What happened...

The reason for all those mySQL errors over the past couple of days was because the server administrator decided to change my ftp password to make the account more secure. I didn't get his email about it, so didn't know what to change the mySQL password to, for the forum to work.
I have had a new collection of images I've been wanting to upload for the site since last week, but I'm having problems with the ftp directory listing not showing up, so I can't make any changes to the site.
I will try to resolve this problem soon.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-29-2001 03:49 AM
The Keeper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Keeper Click here to Send The Keeper a Private Message Visit The Keeper's homepage! Find more posts by The Keeper Add The Keeper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Keeper
Administrator

Red face

FTP problem solved! You'll slowly start to notice the dark blue images appearing now. As well as colored smilies.

Hopefully.

Old Post 10-29-2001 04:21 AM
The Keeper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Keeper Click here to Send The Keeper a Private Message Visit The Keeper's homepage! Find more posts by The Keeper Add The Keeper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Keeper
Administrator

I've added some avatars, but am not sure if they work.

Old Post 10-29-2001 04:29 AM
The Keeper
Administrator

Just a test

Old Post 10-29-2001 04:30 AM
The Keeper
Administrator

The images that are available for avatars are some of the ones that used to be at the top of the gaters.net site.
I plan to add better and better ones for people with higher posts, perhaps to encourage people to post more.
Maybe I should get those ranks going again, what do you think?

Old Post 10-29-2001 04:33 AM
Naquada
Ugly Bloke

you mean the military ranks or jaffa, yeah it's a bit more interesting than simply junior and senior member

Old Post 10-29-2001 04:53 AM
Naquada is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Naquada Click here to Send Naquada a Private Message Find more posts by Naquada Add Naquada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Keeper
Administrator

another test

Attachment: versions.txt
This has been downloaded 361 time(s).

Old Post 10-29-2001 04:59 AM
The Keeper
Administrator

No more attatchments. They just didn't work properly.

Old Post 10-29-2001 05:03 AM
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

I eagerly await the day that it becomes possible for us to link our own little avatar. Then I'd be able to use this:

A Terran Marine in a CMC-400 Powered Combat Suit

(cropped and crimped, of course)

As of now, I must contend with Mr. Big Red X

Last edited by Rhydderch Hael on 10-29-2001 at 05:11 AM

Old Post 10-29-2001 05:07 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Keeper
Administrator

The size of that image would mess up the forum layout.

Old Post 10-29-2001 05:11 AM
The Keeper
Administrator

Gah, you editted your post, now I look like a fool

Old Post 10-29-2001 05:12 AM
Naquada
Ugly Bloke

lol

Old Post 10-29-2001 05:13 AM
Naquada is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Naquada Click here to Send Naquada a Private Message Find more posts by Naquada Add Naquada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Cool

Old Post 10-29-2001 05:14 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Well done for the changes, they look great!! I love having coloured smilies *and* blue ones!

Old Post 10-29-2001 07:38 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

okaaaay.. so how do i post a piccie..?

http://www.geocities.com/littlenell.geo/death.html

Old Post 10-29-2001 07:58 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote