Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Cure (synopsis and spoilers)
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TiMoNz19

Didn't really like this episode, it would have been better if SG-1 along with their new friends went on a joint mission to one of the Goa'uld planets to steal a queen, anyway the only thing i really liked about this episode was mentioning a few things about Ra, hope nexted weeks episode is better.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 08-18-2002 06:06 AM
TiMoNz19 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TiMoNz19 Click here to Send TiMoNz19 a Private Message Find more posts by TiMoNz19 Add TiMoNz19 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry
A big honking space gun!

Start of a two parter so it should be.

Old Post 08-18-2002 12:00 PM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otis
Egyptaholic

quote:
Originally posted by kmg
I liked it too, but had a few comments.

What was with Teal'c smiling almost laughing during his and Jonas' tour? At first I thought that female archeologist was interested in him, but then it was Jonas. I think it's a little too early to get Jonas a girlfriend.

Poor Janet had another bad hair day.

Indeed she did, in spades.

I thought CJ & CN were laughing about something during this take. CN finally had to turn around to get himself under control.

Puddykat, as you've mentioned before, Teal' was even more human in this one!

Old Post 08-18-2002 03:25 PM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otis
Egyptaholic

Re: Cure *Spoilers*

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
[
[/b]
Since the Tok'ra queen symbiote is dead there are not going to be anymore Tok'ra. But what if they cloned her just like they did on earth in "Nightwalkers". They could have a wueen again and make more tok'ra. Or use the symbiotes that the queen already made with the genetic flaw and fix that flaw maybe with the antidont that the Tok'ra well make for the pangeans or make another antidont for the symbitoes so they can get back their queens genetic memory or inject the symbiotes with the queens genetic memory or one of the Tok'ra's.

[/B]

I thought the same thing about the symbiotes. Maybe the cure she is giving them will have the same efect on the little buggers. I thought maybe they just left this out "on purpose" an would try to throw it in on some later ep.

Old Post 08-18-2002 10:44 PM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captn Carter
So I can do this....

Am I the only one who noticed an extra patch on their left arm? It's black, and I can't quite figure out what's on it, but it's just under the SG-1 symbole.
I saw it in Alligance too...

For a little bit of Aussie with your Sci-fi
Austr-alien.com

Old Post 08-19-2002 11:43 AM
Captn Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Captn Carter Click here to Send Captn Carter a Private Message Visit Captn Carter's homepage! Find more posts by Captn Carter Add Captn Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

There's a thread about that extra patch somewhere here....

I just kept expecting Jack to look at the actor who played Rigar in "New Ground" and say "haven't we met before?"..... I mean, jeez, he looked exactly the same, same hair cut, same costume practically, exactly the same type of character - couldn't they have tried to disguise him somehow - like a mustache or something?

Old Post 08-19-2002 04:19 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry
A big honking space gun!

Go here http://archive.gaters.net/2001-2003...15&pagenumber=5 Five or so posts down. Your answers lie there.

Old Post 08-19-2002 04:20 PM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tiger

The patch is the Air Force badge, someone mentioned it another thread and supplied pictures.

Re: the ep.

Ok not great not holrrid. at least they were off world. Only a little action. I liked the fact Jon'ass called to Teal'c for help when he landed in the pool. yes he smiles too much and yes, he is not a good actor.
Nice to Melmak or whatever his name was again.
My main complaint was the tok'ra host dying. Uh excuse me, the host lived after the first symbiot "bought the biscuit', Carter lived after Jolinar died, why the hell did the Tok'ra woman die?

It would hvae been cool had the Queen survived for an ep or two back at the Tok'ra base. produced a few offspring etc.

As pointe dout before, Hathor and reproduction, Danny's DNA, etc all seemed necessary to get the little wormies. I guess things change quickly.

Jon'ass smiles way too much. teal'c loosening up didn't bother me. I actually thought the Archilogist was interested in him first. Thought it would bve a cool element. But them they made the subplot Jon'ass'. Anyway, his translation practice was ok, but I think they should have made the guy an earthling. He is way to integrated in Earth slang, habits etc. I don't mind the Teal'c pairing.
Thought both Janets and AT hair looked better than previous eps.

Old Post 08-19-2002 04:24 PM
Tiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tiger Click here to Send Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Add Tiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam K
Ice Queen

I don't understand why Egeria didn't jump into any of the humans at any point in her 50 year captivity. I know that she is the origin of the Tok'ra, and as such would be against taking over a host, but still... she could have hopped in long enough to communicate with them, and then some sort of arrangement could have been made. Heck, they might even have agreed to willingly let her progeny take over select members of the society, thus making even more Tok'ra to aid the fight against the Goa'uld.

Instead, she chose to remain in captivity until the point of near death, and to give her own children genetic anomalies? Ew.

Old Post 08-19-2002 05:56 PM
Sam K is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam K Click here to Send Sam K a Private Message Visit Sam K's homepage! Find more posts by Sam K Add Sam K to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guessed

maybe it was actually CAPTIVE - i mean that tank thing maybe it couldn't get out of. too fat/old to fly through the air, and basically don't symbiotes need a guiding hand to the back of the neck (or whereever)? but i get the impression this story line wasn't a long time coming - i think it will lead somewhere, but wasn't planned =)

Old Post 08-19-2002 08:45 PM
guessed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guessed Click here to Send guessed a Private Message Find more posts by guessed Add guessed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmg

Didn't anyone notice that the actor playing the military guy was the same one who played Commander Rigar in New Ground?

Old Post 08-20-2002 01:20 AM
kmg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kmg Click here to Send kmg a Private Message Find more posts by kmg Add kmg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Uh, I did.... look up about 6 posts................

Old Post 08-20-2002 03:02 AM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmg

To Shiloh

Oops. Sorry. hee hee, hee hee.

Old Post 08-20-2002 04:20 AM
kmg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kmg Click here to Send kmg a Private Message Find more posts by kmg Add kmg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

'S ok . But at first I was thinking we were back on Bedrosia -- which could have been interesting.

Old Post 08-20-2002 05:21 AM
Barry
A big honking space gun!

quote:
Originally posted by shiloh
Uh, I did.... look up about 6 posts................

quote:
Originally posted by Barry
Five or so posts down

Old Post 08-20-2002 11:19 AM