Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Daniel in season 7 (spoilers)
Daniel coming back................
THE BEST POSSIBLE THING!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooooo happy now!!!!1
I don't really care either way
NO! NO! NO! JONAS will be lessened!
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

Location: USA!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!! I'm the biggest gater in NEW ENGLAND!

Daniel Coming Back

Okay, i've been reading other forums about Daniel's return and it seems like lots of fans DON'T LIKE THE IDEA. I guess some of us think it's NOT A GOOD MOVE FOR THE SHOW.

What do we think??

Personally, I GLAD Daniel's coming back and I think it's the best move for the show. Daniel's departure for me made me not like the show as much, even Jonas couldn't fit the shoes, but now that I know he's coming back I can be happy.

Michael Shanks is a great actor too! Probably the best. He decision to come back is a good one and I hope the fans don't go crazy and say he SHOULDN'T have.

What do you guys think???

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-19-2002 11:59 AM
Erishian42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Erishian42 Click here to Send Erishian42 a Private Message Find more posts by Erishian42 Add Erishian42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shaneo

Well i wouldn't say it's THE BEST POSSIBLE THING!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooooo happy now!!!!1 but i do thing it is a good move him returning to the show. His return will most like lessen Joans role which kinda sucks cause he was startin to grow on me but it will be good to see Daniel return once again ..

Old Post 12-19-2002 01:35 PM
Shaneo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shaneo Click here to Send Shaneo a Private Message Visit Shaneo's homepage! Find more posts by Shaneo Add Shaneo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

Jonas doesn't strike me as a MAIN CHARACTER type.............like JAck, Daniel, Carter and Teal'c. I think he's be better in a recurring role, like Fraiser or something any way

Old Post 12-19-2002 01:51 PM
Erishian42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Erishian42 Click here to Send Erishian42 a Private Message Find more posts by Erishian42 Add Erishian42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

With RDA's role on the show decreasing, imo they needed Daniel back. I agree with Erishian42 in a way. They can only centre so many episodes on Carter - she's a great character but not a leading one imho. Of course there's always been the few obligatory Teal'c episodes a season, but again they can't focus most the shows on him. So that leaves us with Jonas, a new character, and he is very much the '4th member of sg1'. Jack has always basically been the glue in sg-1.
So come season7, and even less Jack, they needed Shanks' return...

Old Post 12-19-2002 04:21 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

I am kinda on the fine line here.

I think that, yes, okay, we do need MS back for episodes (something tells me we will have flashback eppys for a while) and yes, we all love Danny, hurrah, hurrah.

But Jonas is here, and I still (after many a discussion) don't see a five-man SG-1. And I don't see how they are going to reintroduce Danny, either. The only thing I can think of is de-ascending, but that just sounds plain dumbass to me.

So as I said, I'm borderline.

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Old Post 12-19-2002 06:29 PM
Charlie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Carter Click here to Send Charlie Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie Carter Add Charlie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wingless Flyer

I am ok with it as long as they do a good job at writing, if they fluff it up and make it lame I would have to have said no, but I guess we'll wait and see..

Old Post 12-19-2002 08:15 PM
Wingless Flyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wingless Flyer Click here to Send Wingless Flyer a Private Message Find more posts by Wingless Flyer Add Wingless Flyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

i dont want him back, i think that since MS decided he should move on, that he should not be brought back, yeah ok so is loved by so many, and Jonas wasnt that great, i think that MS should be in a background role and that Jonas should be used more

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-19-2002 08:27 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
<\?KULA/>

Location: its a bit further than the second lift in the Whitehouse

Daniel was a very solid member of SG1, but its better for the show if he only comes back intermitently, and Jonas has a go at the hot-seat. Daniel can help them more if he stays ascended.

Hi, y'all im new here!

Edit: Double Post

Last edited by chameleon on 12-20-2002 at 01:46 AM

Old Post 12-19-2002 10:05 PM
<\?KULA/> is offline Click Here to See the Profile for <\?KULA/> Click here to Send <\?KULA/> a Private Message Find more posts by <\?KULA/> Add <\?KULA/> to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

Akula, don't DOUBLE POST!!!!!!!!

Jaffa, you think Daniel should be in the BACKGROUND???

Old Post 12-20-2002 01:30 AM
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Jonas joined sg-1 to replace DJ, will he be kicked out when daniel comes back?

Old Post 12-20-2002 01:34 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
<\?KULA/>

Location: its a bit further than the second lift in the Whitehouse

oh sorry im a newby. its Jonas all the way.

Old Post 12-20-2002 05:02 AM
<\?KULA/> is offline Click Here to See the Profile for <\?KULA/> Click here to Send <\?KULA/> a Private Message Find more posts by <\?KULA/> Add <\?KULA/> to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex8472
dead and loving it

Thumbs up

i have got nothing against jonas but

he is a thick no good sly son of a bitch that none likes and her should just die . he should of died in that explosion in meridian not jackson
that would of made it so much better

Old Post 12-20-2002 09:56 AM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

It's possible that when Daniel returns we may see a lot of changes in the structure of the series.
I'm hoping SG-1 will more or less be disbanded towards teh end of the series, and thus we won't have to worry about whether there's n members or n+1 members or whatever...

Old Post 12-20-2002 11:11 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

How about the relationship between Jonas and Daniel???? when Daniel comes back and everything do you think Jonas will be like.......mad...........at Daniel for coming back and taking his place on SG-1.................ok, that sounds kind of childish, but that's the way i see jonas actuallly

Old Post 12-20-2002 12:47 PM
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

quote:
Originally posted by Erishian42

Jaffa, you think Daniel should be in the BACKGROUND???

yes Erishian i do, MS left and CN took his place, now he comes crawling back asking for his old role, and so they just kick CN to the side, and say yeah welcome back MS.

sorry i see something wrong with this

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-20-2002 02:26 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote