Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > The Two Towers is coming! When are u seeing it?
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Vern
ADSL Pirate

fasttrackmovies.com Take your pick doc
I may go see it at the cinema if i find someone else that wants too... or i'll just aquire it somehow.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-17-2002 12:08 PM
Vern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vern Click here to Send Vern a Private Message Visit Vern's homepage! Find more posts by Vern Add Vern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

god i cant wait until tonight, im going stir crazy just waiting, i am gonna see it tonight with like 5 freinds and then tommorow 2 more times, and i went and got the extended version DVD to watch this afternoon before i go

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-17-2002 04:20 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

I'll see it Friday night - it opens Wednesday but my friend who's the stone-insane-LOTR fan can't go because she works, so I'm going with her on Friday.

Old Post 12-17-2002 04:24 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andrea-T
Chocaholic

Less than 24 hours for me now!!! It openes at 12pm doesnt it? Well thats less than 30 mins away from now. HURRAH!!!!!!

One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Old Post 12-17-2002 09:32 PM
Andrea-T is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andrea-T Click here to Send Andrea-T a Private Message Find more posts by Andrea-T Add Andrea-T to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

YESSSSSSSS, the Star Trek Adventure is opening in 24 hours!!!

Old Post 12-17-2002 09:44 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

i saw an ad for that actually pressie, looks pretty god...

anyways... Can't wait to see TTT! ENTS!!!

Old Post 12-17-2002 09:53 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

SEEEEN EEEET!??!!11

Spoiler:

Though OMG, CAN'T BELIEVE THEY FREAKING KILLED OFF HALDIR!!11 That didn't happen in teh bewk!!11 And what a way to go! OW! Though what else has he been in, looked kinda familiar...

Thought the Ents were a little disappointing, had thought them to be way bigger, and the hobbits were outta scale for quite a few scenes with them, and blatantly cut in.

Scenes with Sam and Frodo they freaking classic!!!1 And can't decide whether I love or hate Gollum.

Cute guy-wise, kinda gone of Legolas, thought Haldir was kewl, but maybe cos of ^^ and Theodred or Eomer... the one who met Aragorn etc in Rohan? Thought that was Theodred who'd been banned from his court? Though my sis reckons it was Eomer. Someone clear it up for me?

Old Post 12-18-2002 09:01 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

We likes it, we does And we's not bothering with a spoiler sspace, nooo.

Though we didn't like the changesss they made The bits with Aragorn and Arwen, stoopid! And the ents should have saved Helm's Deep, not Eomer

It was Eomer Venus, Theodred was the King's son. We only saw him either wounded or dead. Don't think he did any running about it the film Eomer, v. nice (though not as nice as Legolas, glad you're gone off him, now he's all mine)

My favourite bit was when Gollum was talking to Smeagol, it had the entire cinema laughing. And the (very cut down!) bits with Sam and Gollum.

When Legolas went down the steps on his sword, oh my Had me *swoon*

Can not wait to see it again.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-18-2002 09:40 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Oooh, and it was classic - the entire cinema clapped when the film ended!! Cos eet rules!!11

And any links of cute pics of The.. er... Eomer? Think he lost cuteness though...

Old Post 12-18-2002 10:05 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andrea-T
Chocaholic

WOW!!!!!

So freakin cool!

The whole cinema was laughung here too when gollum was having an argument with Smeagol!

I thought Gollum was fantastic- and I felt so sorry for him right up until then end when he was talking about '...her'!

The Sam and Frodo Scenes were awesome. The acting top notch! An di loved the 'Who is this, your bodyguard?' and Sam's reply of 'No im his gardener' - think thats how it went.

The changes to the story were ok. Not too sure about the Arwen scenes. Didnt feel as though they fit in as they did in FOTR.

Gimli was funny. He seems to have taken over Pippind comic relief. Especially when he was getting his chainmail on and when he couldnt' see over the wall. Legolas and Aragorn were yummy as usual. The 'sledge' bit with Legolas was way cool.

Thought Merry and Pippin were good too. Its nice to see them growing up and I thought Dominic Monaghan was especially good when telling Pippin about the Shire.
I would have liked to have seen more of them though. Especially them growing from the ent drink- Apparently this will be in the extended DVD though along with much more.

Must go see it again. Anyone fancy it?

One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Old Post 12-18-2002 10:22 PM
Andrea-T is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andrea-T Click here to Send Andrea-T a Private Message Find more posts by Andrea-T Add Andrea-T to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Going to see it again? Getting my tickets for this Saturday asap

We had to sit in the very front row for it though My neck was killing me. Still, had plenty of leg room.

Old Post 12-18-2002 10:29 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

quote:
Originally posted by Kamakazi Casper

When Legolas went down the steps on his sword, oh my Had me *swoon*

actually he went down on a Ura Ki(spelling???) sheild.

ok i just saw it 3 times in under 24 hours

heres my likes and dislikes.

1. All of Gimili's one liner jokes were hilarious.
2. the black gate of Mordor, it was so cool
3. when Gandalf comes back from the dead in Fargon forest, and knocks both Gimilis axe and Legolas's arrow aside with ease
4. the Ring Wraiths beasts, they looked just like i imagined them
5. well the whole big battle scene at Helms Deep
6. the death of the Balrog
7. well it goes on, but lets get to the dislikes

dislikes
1. that there were elves at Helms deep, they were not supposed to be there.
2. that Eomer wasnt at Helms deep.
3. That the ents werent going to go to war originally
4. that we didnt get to see Shelob
5. That we also didnt see Gandalf confront Sauruman.
6. that Frodo and Sam went to Osgilath, they were supposed to have been let go from the Water fall hide out.
7. Shadowfax didnt look that great
8. we barely got to hear anything about the Ents at all
9. How the main charecters are like invunerable at the Battle of helms Deep. How can Aragon jump like into the center of hundreds of Uraki and survive?
10. all the wonderfully not emotinal speeches made by hobbits.

and thats it for now, over all i really liked it

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-18-2002 11:06 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

have to agree with you there jaffa.

the bits with arwen really annoyed me! Peter Jackson shouldn't and in my opinion didn't need to change that stroyline!

The elves at helm's deep, didn't like them being there, but you have to admit that they were pretty cool

Karl Urban looking especially fine *swoon* not as fine as my legolas honey

I can understand why Jackson would leave out the bits with Shelob (although it would make a cool cliff-hanger ending) due to the timeline difference between the ending of the third and fourth books, but then leaving out the saruman bits in orthanc! That had me peeved.

Despite all, I loved the movie, can't wait to see it again! It's kinda sad though, all the people who will go to see the movie but never read the books wil never know what they've missed out on I mean there's so much more to the books that the movie's only touch on, and they'll never know it. The experience is made so much better by having read the books, before or after, I think.

Old Post 12-18-2002 11:16 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

ow i so agree with u dr.taz, reading the books before hand made the experince so much better, and yes the elves were cool, but THEY WERENT SUPPOSED TO BE THERE, and i just remembered another like, 8. i thought that Gollum was done flawlessly.

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-18-2002 11:25 PM
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

The elves at helm's deep bloody well rocked though! 'Cept the pudgy guy, no offense, but, like I said before, elves are supposed to be tall, slender and blah de blah.

I ment sheild, sorry. My mind must have been....elsewhere....

Old Post 12-19-2002 12:00 AM