Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > The "bliss" of Seth
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

The "bliss" of Seth

Where did Setesh get all those Zats and Goa'uld grenades from? He couldn't have taken them with him from one cult site to another and he couldn't have made them. And, how did he get that shield on his hand device? It took Apophis up till SG-1 time to get one.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-16-2002 05:39 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

Yeah in my opinion it's an oversight on the writers part, or perhaps something they'd assume no one would notice. But it was an immediate bother to me when I saw the episode.
*unless* seth had a means to travel offworld, and we just don't know about it. It would not introduce a plot hole if he could travel offworld, such as via a spaceship, because we are aware that Seth wished to remain hidden from the system lords, and thus Earth would be a perfect refuge for him since it was abandoned by the Goa'uld.

Old Post 12-16-2002 09:28 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

Well, If you look at "The Tomb" you'll see that the Goa'uld there had one too.

Spoiler:

And Marduk was supposed to have been locked inside his sarc for 3000-4000 years.

Old Post 12-16-2002 12:54 PM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

alos, how did he keep the zats charged after such a long time of use?

Old Post 12-16-2002 02:00 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry
A big honking space gun!

Its probably a case of Teal'c not knowing that Apophis had one of that it excisted. Why and how? I don't know. Or perhaps Apophis didn't have one because he didn't have one. He was remember only a system lord on the up.

Old Post 12-16-2002 04:46 PM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Huh, Apophis? Teal'c?

Old Post 12-16-2002 11:01 PM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

Are you talking specifically about the episode 'Seth'? A 'beef' i have withthat one was the 'census' Jacob was talking about at the beginning, and saying they've accounted for all (most?) of them bar seth: and yet, at the time, Isis and Osiris were also here, and so was Hathor (albeit, she was found before this episode, but only by a year, so they must have done a lot of work in that year to find every other goa'uld when they couldn't even find the major ones the year before).

But yes, i know, continuity over such a small detail seasons apart, who would notice but us anyway?

Old Post 12-17-2002 12:45 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

"Seth" has more holes than my latest mob hit. Simply that. Nothing fits. The census. The zats and shields, the demeanor of Setesh living on a world slowly advancing in technology and splintering away from faith. And the "nishta", R'yac's effect with it, and the fact that Teal'c is immune to it.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 12-17-2002 12:58 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry
A big honking space gun!

quote:
Originally posted by Lord ?okar
Huh, Apophis? Teal'c?

Sorry for not pointing out what question I was replying to. I was refering to how Teal'c didn't know about personal sheilds yet we have seen two Goa'uld that have had them a while ago.

Old Post 12-17-2002 01:14 PM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Mmm, Apophis must have been a real loser to have gotten it so late. I mean even Setesh was ahead of him. How would you feel.

Old Post 12-17-2002 07:28 PM
Barry
A big honking space gun!

He was a loser. He was.

Old Post 12-17-2002 09:20 PM
Jaffa, Kree!

Dont forget Apophis was repressed until Ra was out of the picture. Where as Seth was Ra's main opponant, and would have had to have kept up the tech with the big guy to stay in the game.

Old Post 12-18-2002 01:49 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Why wouldn't Apophis? he and ra were mortal enemies.

Old Post 12-18-2002 01:51 AM
_.:?nubis:._
*NUKED* *
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Apophis may have had a personal shield, he just didn't need to use it as his present surpent guard were good enough at their job....

Old Post 12-18-2002 12:14 PM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote