Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > Proud to be in "Amanda Tapping's personal choir"
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TheDigitalPimp

Proud to be in "Amanda Tapping's personal choir"

I hugged and sang to Amanda Tapping!

On the 23rd and 24th of November in a little corner of the world called Wellington, New Zealand, my friends and I went to the Armageddon Pulp Culture Expo. It was a huge exhibition of all things sci-fi, fantasy, video games, comics, anime, not to mention the appearances of Amanda Tapping, Don S. Davis and Teryl Rothery.

My friend and I lined up for the celebrity signing, though we didn't have enough money to buy an autographed photo ($30NZ!!), we figured we could just meet them and shake their hands. My friend had gotten a hug from Amanda at the interview panel earlier, where his question was, "Can I have a hug?" So we made it to the front, I asked her for a hug, and she was kind enough to give me one. That made my day...

My other friends were on the side, egging us on to sing a song to her. I sing in choirs in school and go busking, so I thought, "what the hell, nothing to lose but my dignity" and opened up with the line "well I guess it would be nice, if I could touch your body..."

With my friend and I at the front and the others backing me up on the side, we proceeded to serenade her with the first verse and chorus of 'Faith' by George Michael. The look on Amanda's face was truly priceless. At the end, even the security guard was smiling.

Oh yeah, I shook hands with Don and Teryl too.

The pictures from Armageddon are at http://www.pulpexpo.com/Photoswellington2002.htm and near the bottom, the picture labelled 'Amanda Tappings personal choir' you can see me (front right) and my friend (posing at front left) with my other friends behind us.

All in all, it was one of my best days this year, and if you can, you should try to meet the SG-1 cast at conventions. It was really cool to see how much more human and how much funnier they are in real life.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-05-2002 07:52 PM
TheDigitalPimp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalPimp Click here to Send TheDigitalPimp a Private Message Find more posts by TheDigitalPimp Add TheDigitalPimp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

very very cool. why dont we have anything cool like that expo here??? or have i just been missing out....?

Thanks for the report, and welcome to gaters!!!

Old Post 12-05-2002 10:47 PM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

Holy Cow!!!! you serenaded her! that's sooooooo sweet! Bravo to you, man!!! that's so cool! i can just imagine what her face was like!!!!! that's just so incredible!!!! thanks for the report, and Welcome from me as well!

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 12-06-2002 04:11 AM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Bravo.......That's mad what you did.....Welcome and i can tell amanda would have loved you.

Old Post 12-06-2002 06:35 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
O'Neill
Spam King since 1983.

quote:
Originally posted by MajorSam
Holy Cow!!!! you serenaded her! that's sooooooo sweet! Bravo to you, man!!! that's so cool! i can just imagine what her face was like!!!!! that's just so incredible!!!! thanks for the report, and Welcome from me as well!

Bahahahaha i miss read serenade!! hahahahahaha.

Old Post 12-06-2002 06:51 AM
O'Neill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for O'Neill Click here to Send O'Neill a Private Message Find more posts by O'Neill Add O'Neill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam K
Ice Queen

Cool pics! I like the one of her sticking her tongue out.

Old Post 12-06-2002 03:46 PM
Sam K is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam K Click here to Send Sam K a Private Message Visit Sam K's homepage! Find more posts by Sam K Add Sam K to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jwab

Yup! It's a good pic Sam k Oh - and talk about cool - not only did you get to meet her, but you got up the nerve to sing as well!!!

Old Post 12-06-2002 04:02 PM
Jwab is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jwab Click here to Send Jwab a Private Message Find more posts by Jwab Add Jwab to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheOneKEA
You shot me! DIE!!

I can imagine the look on Amanda's face when these three guys started singing to her in this huge crowd. It would probably be a cross between a look of shock, embarrasment, surprise, and probably amusement, with a small touch of annoyance

No NUKAGE yet!

Old Post 12-06-2002 05:09 PM
TheOneKEA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheOneKEA Click here to Send TheOneKEA a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneKEA Add TheOneKEA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

and what, O'neill, may I ask did you think i said!!!??? and i also really like the pic with her stickin out her tounge i should start getting up a song routine for the next GateCon!!!! *rushes off to c.d's*

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 12-06-2002 08:59 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Enami
Amigos de la puerta

Oh my god!Very cool.I had liked to watch her face!!!Amanda is great!

Old Post 12-07-2002 06:23 PM
Enami is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Enami Click here to Send Enami a Private Message Find more posts by Enami Add Enami to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote