Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Moderator Forum > Removed Threads > British Intellegence
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

well i was just trying to get my point across that Americans Agencys are better. ,

Albert Einstein

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-18-2002 10:48 AM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Red Spud
with a dislike for twats

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Red Spud [/i]
[B]you cannot comment on the effectiveness of secret and security services as you simply do not known anything about their operations.[/B][/QUOTE]

Industrial Light & Magic jokingly created " The Stephen Sommers Scale" to measure the extent of digital effects used in a given movie scene: the upper end of the scale, called "What Steve Sommers Wants," comes right after "Oh God, The Computer's About To Crash!"

Old Post 11-18-2002 10:51 AM
Red Spud is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Red Spud Click here to Send Red Spud a Private Message Visit Red Spud's homepage! Find more posts by Red Spud Add Red Spud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jaffa [/i]
[B]BS the seals would rip the SAS a new ***hole. ANd then dont for get our Marine Recon, or the Rangers.

and remember Bond is FICTIONAL [/B][/QUOTE] I know a great many people who've been on Red Flag Excercises against the Americans, and that does just make me laugh.

Old Post 11-18-2002 11:56 AM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Red Spud - doesn't that say something in itself?

And can we cut the flaming and insults on this thread?

Last edited by Venus on 11-18-2002 at 12:09 PM

Old Post 11-18-2002 12:06 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaijyu
Num Num, Birdy Num Num!!!

I read that the Americans had to learn all about the terrorist networks from the French!

Old Post 11-18-2002 12:14 PM
Kaijyu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kaijyu Click here to Send Kaijyu a Private Message Find more posts by Kaijyu Add Kaijyu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
*NUKED* *
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

[quote]And can we cut the flaming and insults on this thread?[/quote]

The entire thread is an insult. It was started as a flame and Jaffa took the bait.

You can't bloody compare them. Of course Americians are going to say CIA/FBI/whatever are better and the Uk peeps are going to say MI5/MI6 are better. It's just the classical "My Daddy's bigger than yours, so nyah." Let it go.

Besides, LEPrecon is the greatest organisation of similiar ilk in the world)

She hitched a ride to misery

Last edited by Kamakazi Casper on 11-18-2002 at 01:05 PM

Old Post 11-18-2002 01:02 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy
Speaker-Second Foundation

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Red Spud [/i]
[B]jaffa, you don't know anything... MI5 and the CIA are two very different organisations. MI5 (or the [i]Security Service[/i]) is a civilian agency which counters threats domesticaly in Britain, such as the thing in the underground. They are more like the FBI, who do the same kind of thing.

MI6 (or the [i]Secret Service[/i]) is a military intelligence agency which is more like the CIA in the fact that they run illegal "black ops" in other countries... of course, due to this, very few [b]facts[/b] about operations are known about either MI6 or the CIA.

therefore your argument is flawed, you cannot comment on the effectiveness of secret and security services as you simply do not known anything about their operations, just like missile and myself. [/B][/QUOTE]

The CIA is not "military" it is a civilian organization under the Executive branch of the federal government. The FBI is the same. This is why the "War on Terror" is so unique because the CIA is linking their PARAMILITARY forces with those of the military.

Now, is MI5/6 better? Possibly in some areas... but really, they've got to be sharing info. I bet that the two (MI5/6 and the CIA/FBI) are more linked than any other countries in the world.

In my opinion, the agency, as big as the CIA and FBI combined, that is curious is the NSA. These guys are really secretive. Nobody really knows what they do except that they deal with eavesdropping.

I saw a documentary about how good the CIA used to be when it had direct info sharing with the MOSSAD, then that was stopped and they went downhill. Maybe the MOSSAD is the best. Who knows?

Old Post 11-18-2002 02:09 PM
Roy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Click here to Send Roy a Private Message Find more posts by Roy Add Roy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crackerz
Ambassador of XeroX

Well I think they're all stupid coz if they all worked together, things'd get done much quicker

Old Post 11-18-2002 02:43 PM
Crackerz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crackerz Click here to Send Crackerz a Private Message Find more posts by Crackerz Add Crackerz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
missile
*NUKED* *
bikemancs
See you in January

in regards to the FBI being eliminatedI doubt it because they have the best crime lab in the country and FBI experts are often called in for court cases and such.

there is no way to compare the MI's with the FBI/CIA to the MOSSAD to the former KGB to the Aussies to the Germans to the French to the Chinese etc.... Each organization was formed at different times by different people with similar but different goals. Each agency has had its hits and misses. They have had their internal and external problems... a comparison just wouldn't do any of the agencies any justice.

I will see you next year because that's when I'll be back on. have a merry christmas a Happy New Year and a good holiday for those of you for whom the above does not apply.

ANUBIS you still have to send me your pic!!!!!!! :angry:

Old Post 11-18-2002 02:58 PM
bikemancs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bikemancs Click here to Send bikemancs a Private Message Visit bikemancs's homepage! Find more posts by bikemancs Add bikemancs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by missile [/i]
[B]9/11 need i say any more [/B][/QUOTE]

Events such as 9/11 are going to happen even in countries with the best intel agencies. To believe that intelligence efforts are going to stop it is absurd!

Using that logic would mean that British intel was responsible for all IRA attacks.

Old Post 11-18-2002 03:02 PM
Roy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Click here to Send Roy a Private Message Find more posts by Roy Add Roy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by bikemancs [/i]
[B]...there is no way to compare the MI's with the FBI/CIA to the MOSSAD to the former KGB to the Aussies to the Germans to the French to the Chinese etc.... Each organization was formed at different times by different people with similar but different goals. Each agency has had its hits and misses. They have had their internal and external problems... a comparison just wouldn't do any of the agencies any justice. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh come on! any country's intelligence efforsts can be compared to anothers (ever heard of a MetaAnalysis). Doesn't matter if their called KGB, CIA, MI6, or whatever... they all syp and gather intel, either internal or external and they all use competing methods for gathering this info.

Besides, this thread is not about comparing the minute differences and models between different agencies. It's about who's best... which can't be answered in this thread. We can only huff and puff!

Old Post 11-18-2002 03:15 PM
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

No way. No friggin' way. Lockdown in progress.

There was only one purpose to this thread, and it was far from constructive. Trolling a thread along nationalist lines is way overdone, and not all that imaginative.

missile, you keep poking at the bear. Let's see how loud you scream when it mauls you.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Last edited by Rhydderch Hael on 11-18-2002 at 03:38 PM

Old Post 11-18-2002 03:29 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote