Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > What kind of design would you like to see?
What kind of design would you like to see on the forums?
A simple layout, like this, but a little more 'stargate' like.
Stick with the old blue gaters.net design
Come on Keeper, come up with something outrageously new!
I abstain from this vote!
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
The Keeper

What kind of design would you like to see?

I know I'm breaking my own rules by posting non-Stargate posts in the GF. But I want to know what kind of design you would like to see here. Personally I like this layout that came with the software, only the colors and images would be changed.
Another option would be to have something exciting and new (hard work for me, maybe big images to make the page load slowler ). Or the forum could be the same as the old one.
Take a vote!

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-21-2001 10:39 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oFFaL
You Spam - You Die

I'm thinking that this layout is ok... Just as you say, change the colours and images around a bit and it should be fine.

Old Post 10-21-2001 11:33 AM
oFFaL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oFFaL Click here to Send oFFaL a Private Message Visit oFFaL's homepage! Find more posts by oFFaL Add oFFaL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

yeah this is alright.
but write stargate somewhere or people will not know what this site is!

Old Post 10-21-2001 11:41 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oliver

I think it needs a bit more of a stargate theme to it.

Old Post 10-21-2001 11:46 AM
Oliver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oliver Click here to Send Oliver a Private Message Visit Oliver's homepage! Find more posts by Oliver Add Oliver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

So is the site still going to be called Gater Forums or is Stargate Forums the new name?

Old Post 10-21-2001 12:03 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Keeper
Administrator

Probably Stargate Forums.

Old Post 10-21-2001 12:18 PM
The Keeper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Keeper Click here to Send The Keeper a Private Message Visit The Keeper's homepage! Find more posts by The Keeper Add The Keeper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

That sounds pretty cool. Hey I hope you on't mind, but I've been posting on Yahoo Groups - SG1 Announcements list about the cange over.

Old Post 10-21-2001 12:20 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Keeper
Administrator

Do I mind? Of course not!! Spam everyone about gaters.net! If you meet an SG-1 fan online, drop them a link to this community.

Old Post 10-21-2001 12:22 PM
The Keeper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Keeper Click here to Send The Keeper a Private Message Visit The Keeper's homepage! Find more posts by The Keeper Add The Keeper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

I have a go. we all have a go, Spam! Spam! Spam! Glad Goa'ulds already here. He hates Spam So I don't need to spam him

Old Post 10-21-2001 12:24 PM
Mac
eeeeevil herbivore

Let's spam him anyway though, right?

Old Post 10-21-2001 12:40 PM
Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mac Click here to Send Mac a Private Message Find more posts by Mac Add Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Cool

If you do so He will hunt you down to the ends of the earth.

Old Post 10-21-2001 12:41 PM
Mac
eeeeevil herbivore

Hehe! Bring it on then!

Naah...I can't remember his email address...

Old Post 10-21-2001 12:47 PM
Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mac Click here to Send Mac a Private Message Find more posts by Mac Add Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Keeper
Administrator

Talking

I could give it to you!

Old Post 10-21-2001 01:21 PM
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

We're beinning to get a bit off topic.

I think a layout with the same layout like this would be okay except with different color schemes. I think instead of the purple look that the site has maybe a kind of greyish stargate look might be quite neat. And perhaps a new logo at the top. I think that a kind of the top half of a Stargate as the logo would look nice. perhaps with an image within it. I noticed on Gater Forums on V Bulletin there was a rotating image pettern going on. Perhaps the same could be done again, except with a new image within the Stargate. The stargate image at this url might be useful:
http://server39.hypermart.net/starg...es/backgate.jpg
You notice how the V Bulletin logo is kind of curved. Well Perhaps that could be like the top of the Stargate. The whole Stargate would not be seen because it would be cut off by the white part of the forum. Anyway. I'm just rambling here.

Old Post 10-21-2001 01:52 PM
The Keeper
Administrator

I was thinking more 'bubbly' style white/clear images. As opposed to photos.
It's just an idea, and I don't know if I can reproduce it in photoshop.
Think iMac/winXP (don't let that put you off)

Old Post 10-21-2001 01:59 PM